Kate Bosworth In Jil Sander – 2010 Hollywood Style Awards

I’m sure like me you’ve been impatiently waiting for our first glimpse of the Jil Sander Spring 2011 collection on the red carpet, and that came courtesy of Kate Bosworth this weekend.

“The Warrior’s Way” actress proved how fashion savvy she is by donning the Jil Sander ensemble which incorporates a white tee shirt with a pastel mint voluminous skirt at the 2010 Hollywood Style Awards.

She took some inspiration from the runway to wear her hair pulled back and she also added a touch of pink lippie like the model.

My wish list for this collection were all statuesque girls like Tilda Swinton, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Liv Tyler, Lily Cole, and Katie Holmes, but Kate does pull off this look remarkably well.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anne Hathaway In J. Mendel & Oscar de la Renta - Nobel Prize Award Ceremony & Banquet

Anne Hathaway In J. Mendel & Oscar de la Renta – Nobel Prize Award Ceremony & Banquet

Elle Fanning In Rodarte - "Somewhere" New York Screening

Elle Fanning In Rodarte – “Somewhere” New York Screening

40 Responses to Kate Bosworth In Jil Sander – 2010 Hollywood Style Awards

1. Erik December 13, 2010 at 14:06 #

Looks OK, but something seems to be missing.. maybe a bracelet or rings but she might be wearing those

2. D December 13, 2010 at 14:07 #

I love this look :) wondering what shoes shes wearing…

3. Lisa December 13, 2010 at 14:09 #

This is an awful dress. Looks like she sewed her curtains onto her old t shirt.

• maria December 13, 2010 at 16:43 #

i totally agree. This is just very cheap looking and not minimalistic couture.

• xoxo avs December 13, 2010 at 23:48 #

this looks so cheap! I think I made better things than this in textiles class when I was 15….

• Moxie December 13, 2010 at 17:17 #

I couldn’t agree more!

• Ethne Blist December 13, 2010 at 19:20 #

And she could have worn a stunning necklace! Seriously.

• Moxie December 13, 2010 at 20:26 #

I don’t think it would have helped. The whole outfit looks cheaply made. Like others have said, it is a plain white Tee attached (badly, IMO) to a knit skirt.

4. Luiza December 13, 2010 at 14:13 #

love everything about the hair, she should have done something different

• Luiza December 13, 2010 at 14:13 #

but the hair*

5. Lee Ann December 13, 2010 at 14:17 #

I absolutely love this look-the colours are so soft and fresh . Does not and I repeat NOT need any accessories-she wore it as it should be worn-this is all about the colour,fit and woman.

• adrien December 13, 2010 at 15:50 #

God this is one great look!
      She looks soo good I couldn’t agree more about the accessories, this is how this should be worn!

• Martin December 14, 2010 at 00:04 #

I so agree. Jil Sander’s Spring/Summer collection was a minimalist materpiece and Kate wore it exactly as the designer had envisioned it being worn. This is BDOTW-worthy for me. Stunningly simple and effective.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2010 at 00:22 #

Martin, weare on the same page.

Had Kate added anything to this look I would’ve hated it.

This look is simple pure minimalism at it’s finest.

I respect everyone’s opinion but a statement necklace would have killed this look stone dead.

6. mm December 13, 2010 at 14:20 #

I am not a fan of her style on or off the red carpet. But I love this look!

7. mol December 13, 2010 at 14:38 #

Very pretty, love the soft mint color of the skirt and I love her lipstick color too – soft minimalism, nice!

8. Mandy December 13, 2010 at 14:46 #

The top blouse look like a cheap t shirt on a close up view.

• Naomi December 13, 2010 at 15:02 #

Agreed – I like minimalism but the top here is way to plain.

9. anna December 13, 2010 at 15:04 #

Love the dress, hate the completely uninspired styling on K.Bo. It makes me ask what, exactly she is bringing to the dress. Because right now this look is all runway, no Kate.

10. renrenren December 13, 2010 at 15:05 #

I loved Jil Sander show! Kate wears it well but my favorite part of this look is her make up! Absolutely love it!

11. Giuseppi December 13, 2010 at 15:58 #

This look just doesn’t do anything for me. there’s just nothing happening.

12. molly December 13, 2010 at 16:00 #

ZZZZZZZZZZ. Too bored by this look to comment.

13. Nikki December 13, 2010 at 16:06 #

This is not chic at all. Minimalist yes, but it doesn’t look good.

I agree with the comment above about the top. It looks like a cheap cotton t-shirt. And I’m not a fan of the skirt either. Makes me think that the waist has garters to keep the skirt up.

The model couldn’t pull this look off, and neither could Kate.

14. mochababe73 December 13, 2010 at 16:33 #

This looks so cheap. I can’t believe that anyone even want to wear it. This is the worst kind of do-it-yourself project. If this were on Project Runway, I would give it an auf wiedersehen.
    I am NOT drinking the Kool-aid on this one.

15. Rach December 13, 2010 at 17:11 #

As ever, Kate Bosworth continues to bring zero personality, zero charisma and zero pizzazz to any of her red carpet looks. I can imagine Maggie Gyllenhaal pulling this off with aplomb, but Kate just makes me hit the snooze button every time.

16. Lela December 13, 2010 at 17:21 #

She needs to take notes from Olivia Wilde on how to pull off the chic minimalist look.

17. Natalie December 13, 2010 at 18:00 #

I don’t know, I kind of really like this look. I’m not a fan of Kate as an actress, but I love her style. I suppose this look looks rather casual on the red carpet, but I really like it—- maybe this just wasn’t the right place for it. I think the pink lipstick is fantastic and i love the color of the skirt.

18. Hannah December 13, 2010 at 19:22 #

I may be the personification fo a magpie, especially around Christmas, but simplicity, when correct, blows me away just as much as a Saab couture gown. BDOTW and maybe even a BODTY for me. I cannot fault this look. I am in love.

19. Marvel December 13, 2010 at 19:40 #

She so cheapens this look. It looks like she got her mom’s skirt and picked up the first T-SHirt she found on her floor, and hey presto.

20. shap_half December 13, 2010 at 20:12 #

I think I may have found my BDOTW! Perfection.

21. T from Sydney December 13, 2010 at 23:22 #

im sorry but this is just crap, it looks cheap on the run way and looks cheap in real life, i dont htink anyone could make this dress look good.

but i must say kate has amazing and flawless skin

22. KateS December 14, 2010 at 00:35 #

I like minimalism and I can see why she stuck to the runway styling, but gosh, what a snooze this look is on Kate.

23. Saara December 14, 2010 at 07:18 #

Not my cup of tea

24. The Clothes Whisperer December 14, 2010 at 11:52 #

reminds me of an outfit I just saw booted off Project Runway…personally I love it, but there’s a time and place and this ain’t it!

xx

25. mikeijames December 14, 2010 at 14:33 #

i’m delightfully surprised to find kate bosworth stand as the first to appear on the red carpet in one of these avant and austere jil sander creations. i’m further impressed that she didn’t use any styling tricks — a nice chunky belt, statement jewelry, et al — to take away from the impact of this look.

kudos to her for taking a fashion risk and having it pay off!!

26. Tricia Landis December 14, 2010 at 17:07 #

She’s not tall enough to pull this off, her figure doesn’t do anything for the amount of fabric in this skirt. I love the minimalist look, but this just looks bad. Hair is horrible too, needed to be pulled back but the roots and the non style are not working.

27. Marian December 22, 2010 at 15:42 #

i love that colour on her! she is such a beauty. I love that she kept her hair pulled back. The pink lips is gorgeous against the mint of that skirt!
    love!
    xx
    Marian

28. Sarah December 27, 2010 at 14:04 #

I actually love this look simply because it looks easy and so simple, something that i can make myself. Thanks for these pics.

29. ANGELA February 6, 2011 at 21:05 #

Please…
    anybody knows WHERE CAN I BUY THE DRESS???

It´s absolutelly fantastic (L)

THANKS!