X Factor Sunday Final – Cheryl Cole In J. Mendel

I wasn’t holding much hope for Cheryl Cole on tonights X Factor mostly because I was in fear of being bitterly disappointed, but I was pleasantly surprised.

She opted for a gorgeous J. Mendel Fall 2010 gown.

The waxy dress which we’ve already seen on Malin Akerman has a fish-tail hem and a haltered neckline.

I loved the way the dress was more fitted around her waist than it appeared on the model.

Cheryl completed her look by pulling back her hair into a tight ponytail and which showed off her De Grisogono diamond and ruby earrings.

Finally a look I loved head-to-toe.

Credit: Style.com & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto - 'Gentleman's Wager' London Screening

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto – ‘Gentleman’s Wager’ London Screening

X Factor Sunday Final – Dannii Minogue In Jenny Packham

X Factor Sunday Final – Dannii Minogue In Jenny Packham

17 Responses to X Factor Sunday Final – Cheryl Cole In J. Mendel

1. Thomas Monks December 12, 2010 at 21:16 #

i was never a fan of this dress but i will say that cheyrl wore it better

2. Sophie December 12, 2010 at 21:31 #

I’m actually not too crazy about this. Honestly, i’ve seen Cheryl look a lot better. To be even more frank i’m suprised you like it Critic. We’re usually on the same page. I much prefer Cheryl’s street style. She has the uncanniest ability to transform high fashion to high street :(

3. Mr D December 12, 2010 at 21:31 #

Spot on FC! absolute perfection from head to toe! FLAWLESS! its been a tough year for Cheryl and i think 2011 she will suprise us and be back on top form! She was couture queen of 2009 so lets wait and see 2011!
    Could this be up for BDOTW?

4. Erik December 12, 2010 at 21:35 #

So amazing, easily the best she has looked this whole x-factor season. The dress is sensational

5. Kate McCarthy December 12, 2010 at 21:51 #

She looked AMAZING.so beautiful.

6. Dee December 12, 2010 at 22:05 #

Though this is one of Cheryl’s better outfits on the show, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed she didn’t opt for a dress that we haven’t seen before. She has her pick of any dress and she chooses one someone else has already worn before? Puzzling. Frankly, I feel that Malin pulled this off better as well.

7. Leti December 12, 2010 at 22:06 #

I have to give credit where it’s due. Cheryl looks fabulous, head-to-toe. I think she certainly wore this better than both Malin and the model because of the hair and accessories, but also because she has a better figure for it.

8. hsua December 12, 2010 at 22:09 #

i prefer Dannii she wons X factor style

9. Lara December 12, 2010 at 22:34 #

wow, looking great
    Related question. During this season I’ve noticed that if Cheryl wears english designers like Bodyarm, Giles, Saunders – it always spring 2011, but if international brand – its from fall 2010, resort or very past collections.
    Does she have enough starpower outside UK to land for example Dior spring 2011, or Armani/Chanel pre-falls shown this week? What do you think, FC?

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2010 at 22:45 #

I think she has enough pulling power outside the UK, but I don’t think she’s a Dior, Armani or Chanel type of girl.

If I was PR at those fashion houses I wouldn’t want to dress her

• Lara December 12, 2010 at 23:36 #

Thanks.

10. Hannah December 12, 2010 at 22:41 #

I like the dress, but for an xfactor final i think she should have worn a dress no one has worn before. I liked it but she never feels effortles. The hair was too poufy and never moved, the makeup was mediocre, and I really hate, without fail, her earring choice. She also looked awkward and she could not move in the gown. I like the gown, but I was hoping for more, such a letdown from last year IMO.

11. mochababe73 December 12, 2010 at 22:50 #

I am not a fan of her red carpet style. I think that Cheryl does casual better.
    However, I love her in this. I think that the fit is better on her than the model. She looks great.

12. Marvel December 12, 2010 at 23:16 #

AMAZING. A great look for the final. Best out from her this year, but my heart will always belong to her Versace look on week 1 in 2009

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2010 at 23:45 #

ditto…

• Elaine December 18, 2010 at 17:30 #

my thinking exactly. the wow factor was not there this year when you think back to the Versace dresses from last year

13. Fiona December 13, 2010 at 06:54 #

Amazing look! Not my favorite dress she wore this series, but def one of the top. Her hair, makeup and jewelery made it one of her best looks this series, I think it might be BDOTW material!