Apart from Dannii Mingoue the only shining light from this series of the X Factor has been Rebecca Ferguson.

She floored me with a beautiful rendition of Corinne Bailey Rae’s ‘Like A Star’.

Not only by her voice, but also by her breath-taking Luisa Beccaria Fall 2010 gown.

The mother of two from Liverpool has worn a few gowns during this series, most of which have overwhelmed her, but on this occasion she hit the right note.

It was dramatic without being over the top and the colour was gorgeous against her caramel skin-tone.

I was totally baffled by pairing of Rebecca Ferguson and Christina Aguilera. Clearly it was a case of who was in town, rather than finding someone to complement Rebecca’s voice.

Rebecca was class personified in her Richard Sorger Spring 2009 dress as she started singing ‘Beautiful’.

I loved the bejeweled neckline on her nude silk dress.

Christina looked like she was on a 10 minute break from working the poll at Peter Stringfellows. It was an awful match up and Christina totally dominated the song and didn’t allow Rebecca to shine during the duet.

As Rebecca walked onto the stage with her mentor prior to the results being read out, Rebecca looked gorgeous wearing a William Tempest Fall 2010 dress.

Her dress with a silver metallic bodice and cream skirt with a peplum at the waist, shows Rebecca has a very diverse style which doesn’t seem forced or manufactured.

I hope she wins so we can see more of her in the future.

For a Saturday night X Factor final Cheryl opted for a soft grecian look.

Her cream asymmetrical one shoulder Roberto Cavalli Resort 2009 gown was decorated in silver embellishments across the bodice.

The gown was stunning, but I just couldn’t get on board with the ‘just got out of the shower’ hair.

Rebecca outshone her mentor last night.

Credit: Credit: Style.com, Richard Sorger.com, Vogue.co.uk & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

X Factor Saturday Final - Dannii Minogue In J'Aton Couture

X Factor Saturday Final – Dannii Minogue In J’Aton Couture

32 Responses to X Factor Saturday Final: Rebecca Ferguson In Luisa Beccaria, Richard Sorger & William Tempest

1. pink December 12, 2010 at 11:31 #

Excellent post. I think Rebecca has looked absolutely beautiful every week and has benefitted from some excellent styling.

Do you know where the earrings she wore with each of her dresses above came from? I’m dying to know because each pair were not only stunning but totally complimented her outfit.

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2010 at 11:37 #

thank you.

sorry I don’t know about the earrings

2. fashion-mommy December 12, 2010 at 11:59 #

I have loved Rebecca’s look since her first audience and have been a champion of her style on my site. she has natural style, oozes class, and frankly Cheryl should take a sidewards glance at her.

3. Kate McCarthy December 12, 2010 at 12:02 #

Rebecca did look amazing and as Cheryl said at the X Factor press conference its about the finalists not the judges so im glad shes getting recognition.also i gathered from that conference and the marie claire interview that dannii gave that she and cheryl really like each other and perhaps take the ‘style rivalry’ the least serious than anyone else in the country!they have fun with it and treat it like a big ‘event’.its us folks that like to pit them against each other and reduce their weekends work was a success or not by the way they look!

4. Pablo December 12, 2010 at 12:10 #

I a-dore her in the Luisa Beccaria gown. So mature…
    She’s clearly been the only contestant worth writing home about this Series.
    Have a great Sunday Final (and fingers-crossed for Rebecca’s win)! :)

5. Leo December 12, 2010 at 12:17 #

If you know Christina, you know she restrained her vocals a lot during the song to let Rebecca shine. Rebecca was very nervous and overwhelmed to sing with her I think, so she missed a a few of her cues.

I really love her last look, it’s sophisticated with a twist and her shoes are to die for.

• justme December 12, 2010 at 16:01 #

Exactly. Christina definitely tried to let Rebecca shine but the poor thing clearly was starttruck and let herself be dominated.

6. Alina December 12, 2010 at 12:17 #

LOVE all the looks.

I really like her big hair.:)

7. sara December 12, 2010 at 12:39 #

the first one is marvellous much better for her than for the model but her hair…it’s a messy, the braid is cute but the rest…the second look is also perfect, the neckline is exquisite…the third is the one i like the less.

8. Marvel December 12, 2010 at 12:59 #

Well apparently Christina refused to speak to any of the contestants and she completely over-powered Rebecca which is a same as she should have allowed Rebecca the chance to shine. With Regards to Rebecca’s gowns they are great and she is no doubt a great singer but I just dont like her voice.

I think the best duet of the night was Matt and Rihanna, who sang great.

Cheryl, the gown is nice but that hair…

9. LizLemooooon December 12, 2010 at 13:27 #

I love how easy it is for the press to pit women against each other (not!).
    It was very, very obvious that Rebecca missed her cue and was also very nervous around Christina. Christina didn’t overpower her infact she restrained her vocals because she could tell Rebecca was not up to matching her.
    As for what she was wearing to be honest I’m more upset about the make up and I wonder why she wears so much.
    She didn’t look like a stripper she looked like somene dressed in a very tame burlesque style costume.

10. Ayvee December 12, 2010 at 14:24 #

Does anyone know who designed Cheryl’s gown? It’s quite elegant. I think Cheryl would have looked so much better with her hair up. Thanks for any info.

11. anne December 12, 2010 at 14:27 #

You’re so much fun FC! lol at the “working the pole” comment :)) she totally did that when she performed alone later in the night. Rebbecca did look gorgeous, my favourite being the Richard Sorger dress. As for Cheryl’s hair…if it didn’t work on Megan Fox, it’s not going to work on anyone.

• LizLemooooon December 12, 2010 at 15:02 #

Hahaha! My thoughts exactly. If even Megan Fox can’t pull off a hairstyle like that then Cheryl certainly can’t.

12. Jennifer December 12, 2010 at 14:38 #

ADORED her Richard Sorger gown. She looked like an African princess, just so regal and stunning. As for Cheryl, the word tacky doesnt even cover it. I hate the combination of white with diamante first of all, never mind that Cheryl suits cream more than white, and the hair?? She just looked like a try-hard debs/prom disaster.

13. Kate McCarthy December 12, 2010 at 15:23 #

is there going to be a posting of cheryls dress, i know you dont like the hair but i still think the dress is beautiful.

14. Camilla December 12, 2010 at 15:29 #

Could Cheryl’s dress be Gustavo Cadile? He’s made dresses with a similar diamante detailing, but it would be an unusual choice.

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2010 at 15:51 #

You are right, but I couldn’t find it on his site to be sure

15. Hannah December 12, 2010 at 15:35 #

I like how they have dressed her for the past few weeks, the begining was collateral. However, IMO she still dresses herself better than the stylists do. Sometimes it seems a bit forced.

16. Bernie Denning December 12, 2010 at 15:59 #

rebecca looked amazing but wasnt it a disappointing final,3 acts doing ballads?cher shook it up,even if first song was a lil’ weird.and she looked totally at ease with will.i.am,what was with cheryls hair?oh how she can still get it wrong.dress was fab though.

17. robbie December 12, 2010 at 16:26 #

dont really like any of her looks and also dont get the obsession people have with her.

18. india campbell December 12, 2010 at 17:48 #

rebecca looked great,she just needs that confidence boost that winning the x factor would give her!she was very cute when she said on the xtra factor(or main show,i forget)that she and cheryl are friends + not just mentor/act relationship,rebeccas so lovely and genuine.do you hav a photo of cheryls dress on the runway or from a lookbook?

19. Sher December 12, 2010 at 18:40 #

Cheryls dress reminds me of Jada Pinkett Smith’s dress at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in 2009

20. Helen December 12, 2010 at 20:37 #

Rebecca looked amazing last night,her hair was styled better than any other week. I thought Christina was a great match and it was the perfect song it just seemed to be a little under rehearsed..

21. Lillie December 14, 2010 at 04:26 #

AMAZINGNESS! That’s a word to describe her style.
    Loved Luisa Beccaria and Richard Sorger dress she wore. Unbelievable voice with pure class – as much as I like Dannii, I think she’s being outclassed by Rebecca (No mention of Cheryl cause she hardly ever looks classy IMO).

The first time ever I’ve watched a whole series of X-Factor. Loved what she’s been wearing throughout — Cavalli, Gareth Pugh, Jonathan Saunders, William Tempest — even the high street LBD she wore during bootcamp, pink lace dress seen during VT and that camel coat she always wear. I’m still trying to find that coat!

You should do a post on what she wore on the grand final – the red dress with sequins especially were breathtaking.

She should’ve come 1st. A more deserved winner IMO.

22. lynne o loughlin December 15, 2010 at 22:23 #

please tell me where she got the camel coat … i want it and cant find it … anyone know

• lynne o loughlin December 15, 2010 at 22:24 #

rebecca s camel coat that is ….

• amcs December 22, 2010 at 23:55 #

its from Per Una — seems to be sold out everywhere :( its gorgeous!