X Factor Saturday Final – Dannii Minogue In J’Aton Couture

Dannii Minogue started the X Factor Saturday live shows wearing J’Aton Couture and for the last Saturday show in this series she wore her favourite design duo again.

We’ve all noticed how celebrities have upped their game on the red carpet within the last month or so, but Dannii’s burgundy J’Aton Couture gown has been the most breath-taking.

The Australian judge opted to cover the sheer parts around the bust to make the gown less-revealing for TV, but it took nothing away from the gown – in fact it made the gown more elegant.

Dannii wore the gown without the thin snake-skin belt with art deco brooch. She opted to wear a less-blingy J’Aton patent skinny belt.

Dannii styled her hair into a classy updo showing off her earrings from her favourite jeweler Annoushka.

A Pomellato ring and Prada patent wine heels complete this BDOTW/Y worthy look.

This is my favourite look so far, but I’m hoping she can out do herself tonight for the final show.

Credit: J’Aton Couture & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Jessica Alba In Alice + Olivia - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Jessica Alba In Alice + Olivia – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Best Dressed Of The Week - Katy Perry In Elie Saab Couture

Best Dressed Of The Week – Katy Perry In Elie Saab Couture

20 Responses to X Factor Saturday Final – Dannii Minogue In J’Aton Couture

1. Marvel December 12, 2010 at 14:03 #

I must admit that when Cheryl joined X Factor I was more fixed on her than Danni but this year Danni has completely outshone her very week. She has been graceful, classy and consistent throughout the show.

I can so see Danni getting ‘Consistent Red Carpet Player’ of the year awad

2. Fraser December 12, 2010 at 14:10 #

YAY – so glad you agree, FC. The back was also beautiful (which is good considering all the back shots in the show). Not sure everyone will get how quite gorgeous she is from just the one pic.

Thought Cheryl looked good – taking styling tips from Dannii though. Thought that the white, toga dress also had a youthful quality.

However, I wish Cheryl’s stylists would stop giving her dresses she has trouble walking in (same last series). One reason Dannii looks so classy is she can glide on stage without hiking up her skirt or clinging onto Simon for dear life!

As well as BDOTY, any chance of a “most consistently, fabulously dressed” award? Would have Dannii on that list, along with Natalie P, Fan Bing Bing, Emma Watson, Serena Williams (!) and may be Kate B

Thank you, as always, for a wonderful blog!

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2010 at 14:13 #

thank you for your comments. I love reading them x

• Hannah December 12, 2010 at 15:41 #

Completely agree. the dress was much nicer on the show, it looks much more brown and not even half as beautiful. It was such a lovely vivid colour. Thanks for iIDing it FC, I thought it could have been a feretti. I could not have flawed Danii at all, especially on this look. Her style is always beautiful, a good kind of consistent, we do not get to see her much, but every time she blows me away! Easily a top ten BDOTY for me, and I think if that consistent award is to exist, then fan bing bing and serena should definitely be considered. I also much prefer danii belt to the runway. Wonderful post as always FC, and a wonerful comment Fraser! Fingers crossed for tonight!

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2010 at 15:50 #

thanks Hannah

3. Lilflowa December 12, 2010 at 14:28 #

Dannii was absolutely gorgeous. Just Stunning last night. I Pray she blows Cheryl out the water tonight once again.

Wasn’t a fan of Chery’ls dress or hair last night to be honest.

4. Kate McCarthy December 12, 2010 at 14:38 #

i was quite underwhelmed by this look.,i thought it aged her especially when she was sitting behind the desk.i think this dress would have been suited for earlier on in the series.but perhaps she will pull it out of the bag for tonight.she was lucky cheryl scored an own goal with that hair!

5. robbie December 12, 2010 at 14:40 #

DAMN i think i have died and gone to heaven! dannii is a knock out. she needs to show cheryl how to dress like a classy lady and not a chav princess.

6. Leah December 12, 2010 at 14:58 #

Rebecca Twigley (the WAG turned model modeling the dress) looks ridiculous, pouting?
    one reason Danni always looks beautiful is because she caries herself with poise, grace and overall class

7. LizLemooooon December 12, 2010 at 15:04 #

I still would prefer Danni’s hair to be darker but otherwise this was a wonderful look, dramatic and elegant with subtle sex appeal. I love the sheer panels and the jewel tone is perfect for winter.
    Hey FC, would you mind posting pics of RIhanna’s ‘Unfaithful’ performance outfit? That dress was sensational!

8. Catriona December 12, 2010 at 15:30 #

She looked stunning, even better on TV than in the photos as the back was lovely.

Thank you for covering X Factor so well! I wonder why we don’t see J’Aton Couture more worn by anyone else? I think I’ve loved every dress Dannii has worn by them.

9. Kiran Sooknandan December 12, 2010 at 16:16 #

Hi FC, where can we see the full J’aton collection? I cant find it on their site. Thanks!

• Fashion Critic December 12, 2010 at 16:49 #

you can see some pictures on their facebook

10. GirlOne December 12, 2010 at 18:13 #

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

11. Thomas Monks December 12, 2010 at 18:18 #

to me this dress just makes me think of the Elie Saab Couture gown that Rihanna wore to the AMAs

12. nicole December 12, 2010 at 18:53 #

LOVEEE this!! best look of hers for sure! i cant wait for tonight!

13. sara December 12, 2010 at 19:37 #

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww amazing, i don’t know if it’s because of different lights but danni dress’ color is much better…wonderful!

14. G December 12, 2010 at 21:13 #

Stunning! She really knows how to dress to complement her gorgeous figure, and I love that she can be classy and graceful and classic–but still interesting.

15. mochababe73 December 12, 2010 at 22:53 #

Not feeling it. All I can think of is the Grand Ole Opry.

16. Ella December 13, 2010 at 03:28 #

Holy cow!! That dress is amazing. Here in America, we don’t get the X Factor (until Cowell brings it over in 2011), so I had no idea of who Dannii was…..now I do =D