Who Wore J. Mendel Better? Malin Akerman or Cheryl Cole

We first saw this red J. Mendel Fall 2010 gown when it was worn by Malin Akerman as she arrived on the red carpet for “The Bang Bang Club” Premiere during the 2010 Toronto Film Festival.

The blonde Swedish actress wore her hair back in a super tight bun to show off her haltered neckline.

She let the dress do all the talking by only adding rings to her look.

Cheryl Cole wore the same gown on tonights X Factor.

After looking at the runway and Malin’s version of this J. Mendel dress, it looks like Cheryl’s has been modified very slightly around the waist.

It has more definition and the bodice appears to be longer on Cheryl.

I love how Cheryl’s version it more fitted and elongates her petite frame, plus I love her earrings so she wins for me.

Credit: Style.com, Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features & Getty

X Factor Sunday Final – Dannii Minogue In Jenny Packham

X Factor Sunday Final – Dannii Minogue In Jenny Packham

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden In Elie Saab - Nobel Prize Award Ceremony

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden In Elie Saab – Nobel Prize Award Ceremony

10 Responses to Who Wore J. Mendel Better? Malin Akerman or Cheryl Cole

1. Marvel December 12, 2010 at 23:19 #

They both look great but I had to give this to Cheryl as it’s the best she’s looked on X Factor this year

2. molly December 12, 2010 at 23:19 #

I never liked this dress…hopefully it can retire now!
    I agree, i like how Cherl’s dress it more fitted on the waits.

• molly December 12, 2010 at 23:19 #

i mean ‘In the waist’

3. fashion-mommy December 12, 2010 at 23:45 #

this is so one of Cheryl’s best looks this season – it suits her perfectly and really suited the occasion. She actually looks much more dramatic and beautiful when she does full length and fabulous.

4. Linda December 13, 2010 at 00:00 #

I always wanted to like this dress, but couldn’t quite get there. Now on Cheryl it’s pitch perfect with that slight modification. It looks so much better on her.

5. asherlev1 December 13, 2010 at 01:30 #

I didn’t like this dress when Malin wore it, and I think Cheryl gave it so much new life I literally didn’t even remember it had been worn before.

Sorry Malin. :/

6. Ev December 13, 2010 at 03:47 #

I had to give this one to Malin. Her simple hair and jewelry suit this dress much better in my opinion. But Cheryl still loks good.

7. D December 13, 2010 at 11:04 #

dont like the fitting on malin x

8. Pati December 13, 2010 at 14:01 #

I think Cheryl´s version looks as if the top and the skirt were sewn together in the waist, while Malin´s version is modified with some sort of sheer fabric forming triangles narrowing the waist…. Or at least it looks like it on the above picture….

9. Jones19 December 13, 2010 at 23:12 #

I didn’t like this the first time I saw it on Malin because it makes her look wide. Cheryl fixed that problem so she looks great.