What does one wear to meet the Prince of Wales?

If you’re Kylie Minogue it’s a Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2009 Couture red hot sequin mini dress with a red leather sleeveless jacket and Emilio Pucci Spring 2011 thigh-high boots.

The Australian singer met the Prince of Wales after appearing on the Royal Variety Performance, which was held in London last night.

Some of you have said that Kylie is a tad too old to still be dressing like this, but when she looks this great I think ‘age ain’t nothing but a number’.

After all the excitement of meeting the Prince and performing on the Royal Variety Performance, Kylie was spotted leaving the venue wearing a Balmain chain-embellished calf hair coat from the Fall 2010 collection.

It seems one animal print coat isn’t enough for Kylie, as she was spotted leaving her home yesterday wearing an Alexander McQueen animal print coat.

Credit: Style.com, PacificCoastNews & Getty

Julianne Moore In Lanvin - Bulgari 125th Anniversary Celebration

Julianne Moore In Lanvin – Bulgari 125th Anniversary Celebration

Olivia Munn In Tibi - 2011 Golden Globe Awards Season And Miss Golden Globe Announcement Party

Olivia Munn In Tibi – 2011 Golden Globe Awards Season And Miss Golden Globe Announcement Party

17 Responses to Kylie Mingoue In Jean Paul Gaultier, Emilio Pucci & Balmain – Royal Variety Performance

1. Hannah December 10, 2010 at 18:12 #

Age certainly is nothng but a number when you are 42 and look 21. Besides, Miley Cyrus, who was 17 i think, performed in basically a lether high waisted bikini last year. Just sayin’.

2. anne December 10, 2010 at 18:12 #

The Minogue sisters are on a roll aren’t they? I love the outfit because it’s not a pairing you would think of after seeing the pieces separately. She’s fierce.

3. Ethne Blist December 10, 2010 at 18:15 #

I don’t think it is classy to wear her red look to meet the Prince of Wales. It’s trashy for me.

4. robbie December 10, 2010 at 18:15 #

damn! she looks hot, bet she put a smile on prince charles face haha. not really sure about the balmain coat though.

• Tania December 10, 2010 at 18:30 #

Hehe, I thought the same thing about making him smile, I think she looks great!

5. fashion-mommy December 10, 2010 at 18:27 #

I love her in the coat, but hate the red number – Kylie used to have so much class, but these days she is all Mark Fast and far too much flesh!

6. Catriona December 10, 2010 at 19:14 #

She doesn’t need two leopard print coats…therefore she should give one to me! :)

I assume the red was her performance outfit? In which case I don’t think it’s inappropriate.

7. Lee Ann December 10, 2010 at 20:12 #

Yes to the leopard a resounding no to the red not because of age but because of taste- it’s hideous

8. Talita December 10, 2010 at 20:20 #

I agree with you, age is just a number. With a body like that she can rock any outfit. She looks great in red. x

9. Shawna December 10, 2010 at 20:42 #

For the Gaultier look, she should have worn the runway version. All the red is too much!

10. Sophie December 10, 2010 at 21:50 #

Forget her age Kylie looked good dressed in red although not sure it was right outfit to meet Prince Charles. As for the leopard print coat I wish Santa brings me one for crimbo…..I love it

11. Marvel December 10, 2010 at 23:11 #

I still think its to young for her. Sorry

12. mochababe73 December 10, 2010 at 23:32 #

Love, love, love the leopard coat. Of course, I have been wearing animal print forever so this coat is definitely right up my alley.
    I HATE the red look. It’s skanky and classless. I know that this sounds harsh, but sometimes the truth hurts. And, this has nothing to do with her age.

13. A December 11, 2010 at 04:59 #

Come on guys,
    i’m sure the red number is her performance outfit!
    and they either meet Prince Charles after or before their performance

14. Rocko December 11, 2010 at 05:37 #

I must confess I stumbled upon this blog because of my love to Kylie Minogue, and by the way, I’ve made my sister be an avid reader as well.
    Anyway, please consider that there are certain models/outfits that work only for performances; they might not be every day friendly nor party-wise, however, when you see them being worn for a show, it works for the stage.
    She is a pretty woman. There are other women in this world that even if they were “meat dresses” and the latest of McQueen, they won’t still show class.
    Kylie performed on the Royal Variety with this amazing JPG outfit. Success. :)

15. Alicat December 11, 2010 at 05:40 #

The red, the leather, the mini, the thigh-high boots worn all at once is overkill. It is verging on a different “street look” to the ones we were lauding her about in the post the other day. Thigh high boots need yards of leg, something Ms Minogue does not have, or they actually shorten the leg.

16. mikeijames December 12, 2010 at 13:45 #

kylie really knows how to rock a leopard print! i love this coat and the mcqueen jacket she wore earlier.