10.12.10

Halle Berry attended the Hollywood Reporter’s Annual Power 100: Women in Entertainment Breakfast this week in LA.

The stylish actress is still loving the menswear inspired trend as she opted for a chic pinstripe Dolce & Gabbana suit.

She paired her suit with a Gucci halter top with the obligatory plunging neckline.

I really like this look, but did she really need to carry a bag that big on the red carpet? *pet peeve*

Her Jimmy Choo ‘Mandah’ bag is gorgeous, but it overpowers her outfit.

My eyes are instantly drawn to her bag which I should say is actually refreshing to being instantly drawn to her cleavage.

Credit: Getty

Christina Aguilera In Marchesa - "Burlesque" Madrid Premiere

Christina Aguilera In Marchesa – “Burlesque” Madrid Premiere

In Cheryl Cole’s Closet – Joseph Perfeto Leather Biker Jacket

In Cheryl Cole’s Closet – Joseph Perfeto Leather Biker Jacket

17 Responses to Halle Berry In Dolce & Gabbana – Hollywood Reporter’s Annual Power 100: Women in Entertainment Breakfast

1. fashion-mommy December 10, 2010 at 13:33 #

god…I hate this menswear look, especially when worn with such a revealing top. David Brent chic is not a good look!

2. Hisadora December 10, 2010 at 13:38 #

I like this look but a leopard printed clutch would have worked SO much better…

3. shoeaholic December 10, 2010 at 13:53 #

Awful! I really don’t like the top with the suit and those shoes…! Why?!

4. dee December 10, 2010 at 14:48 #

I don’t think the top goes well with the suit. The bag is too big which makes it overpower the suit. I do like the suit however.

5. mm December 10, 2010 at 15:00 #

Not loving this look. Drop the necklace for sure. Cant stand handbags on the red carpet.

6. Maria Claudia December 10, 2010 at 15:50 #

absolutely love the oufit.. this is what I expect from a suit.. but I have to agree with you this bag don’t belong there..

7. Marvel December 10, 2010 at 16:23 #

What an awful look.

8. Ethne Blist December 10, 2010 at 16:31 #

I hate this look head to toe. It looks trashy to me and something she would have worn like 10 years ago. This ,looks is atrocious to me.

• mol December 10, 2010 at 17:01 #

I agree 100% – hate this.

9. Leti December 10, 2010 at 17:04 #

I see a lot of good elements, but the result of all of them combined is awful. The shirt with that suit, with those shoes, with that bag? Blech!

10. Lee Ann December 10, 2010 at 20:41 #

Dreadful. The suit doesn’t fit, the blouse doesn’t work with the suit, the shoes are wrong in colour and shape, and the handbag is too big and is absolutely wrong . She looks like She got dressed in the dark.
    Her hair is nice though.

11. Lou December 10, 2010 at 21:45 #

Halle looks great but I really dislike the bag… I’m noy a fan of the print at all. That aside I agree its way too big for the red carpet!

12. pheebe December 10, 2010 at 22:28 #

A total disaster:
    1. Never-never-never combine stripes with animal print!
    2. Never-never-never combine gray with brown!
    (these are painting rules that don’t need to be discussed)
    Of course the bag is too big for the red carpet, of course the shoes are too pointy and look old style.
    Even the top is wrong: it divides her body into 3 parts… The necklace does the same with the upper part of the body…
    The lapels of the jacket are too pointy as well, the pants are too long…
    Need I say more?! :)

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2010 at 23:17 #

You summed it up beautifully :)

13. mochababe73 December 10, 2010 at 23:58 #

I don’t like men’s inspired looks. But this one is doable. Halle shouldn’t have worn the necklace. I am not a real fan of the brown shoes with the gray pants. My husband would never wear that. Black shoes all of the way.
    I love the bag so I don’t mind it being on the red carpet. Besides, it’s a luncheon.

14. Tahj December 12, 2010 at 05:15 #

Menswear is great…when it’s worn correctly. It must be tailored correctly and matched up correctly. I hate that top with this suit. Look up photos of Monica Bellucci, that woman knows how to wear a pinstripe D & G suit! That’s how it’s done!

15. mikeijames December 12, 2010 at 13:46 #

this girl knows how to pull off these showstopping pinstripe suits! i loved her in this even more than i liked her in that balmain number.