09.12.10

Dior 57th Street Boutique Re-Opening

Natalie Portman was officially announced as the new face of ‘Miss Dior Cherie’ at the re-opening Dior’s 57th Street Boutique in New York City last night.

Posing alongside the very flamboyant John Galliano, Natalie wore a Dior spaghetti strap lace dress with black strappy sandals.

I would’ve loved something more breath-taking for such an occasion.

Leighton Meester has been wowing us plenty of times on the red carpet recently, but on this occasion she opted for an all black subtle Dior look.

I like the she didn’t outshine the guest of honor.

Amy Adams went for a classy ‘Ladies Who Lunch’ look wearing a chic navy Dior bow front dress.

Her look was paired with a jeweled Dior clutch and grey animal print heels.

Karlie Kloss who is the also the face of Dior, looked beautiful and fresh faced in her asymmetrical two-tone dress with gold heels and a black clutch.

Dree Hemmingway was my favourite at this event. She added a slouchy grey sweater to her gorgeous Christian Dior floral layered dress. I love the pink belt she wears over her sweater.

Credit: Getty

Chloe Sevigny In Louis Vuitton - “Somewhere” LA Premiere

Chloe Sevigny In Louis Vuitton – “Somewhere” LA Premiere

Liv Tyler In Christian Dior - Dior 57th Street Boutique Re-Opening

Liv Tyler In Christian Dior – Dior 57th Street Boutique Re-Opening

30 Responses to Dior 57th Street Boutique Re-Opening

1. luiza December 9, 2010 at 13:36 #

i don’t think natalie is the right person to be the face of Dior. i can’t understand how a vegetarian can be face of a brand where john galliano uses real fur in his creations and the perfumes has animal componentes. i deff. can’t understand.

• Cherry December 9, 2010 at 14:20 #

Agree !

• Lara December 9, 2010 at 15:35 #

I have nothing against Natalie, but Marina was so perfect in these ads. If It Isn’t Broken Don’t Fix It ((

• Emi December 10, 2010 at 09:11 #

I agree, totally, she’s gone vegan and at the same time she chose to be the new face of a brand which is animals-enemy. I’ve always appreciated her for her commitment, so I don’t understand her choice.

2. nicky December 9, 2010 at 13:40 #

dont love natalie’s look…very unflattering and boxy looking. love amy, dree and karlie’s looks. there’s too much black layering going on with leighton’s look even though she looks gorgeous

• Ethne Blist December 9, 2010 at 17:11 #

Leighton looks ridiculous and Natalie BORING.

3. mm December 9, 2010 at 13:42 #

Dree is showcasing her personal style. Love it!

I love seeing John Galliano, so dramatic, comical yet delightful.

4. D December 9, 2010 at 13:44 #

heart that white dress!!!!!!!!!! <3333

• D December 9, 2010 at 13:45 #

sorry just read it its a white shirt and a skirt =(

5. Lee Ann December 9, 2010 at 13:50 #

Wow how different from the party last week on Bond Street – all we got was Kelly Brook who didn’t even wear Dior. Anyhow moving quite along; sadly the dress that Blair is wearing is really stunning but you can’t see it. I love Amy Adams’dress but as it also comes in the most stunning shade of pink, I would have prefered that- but the black is more suitable for December. I have ordered the dress version that Karlie is wearing ( re you sure that is a skirt and top because it looks very similiar to what I bought?) but sadly the colour did not photograph properly. The dress or skirt is spring RTW but the design is taken from the recent couture collection of dresses inspired by flowers.-look 19 of the recent couture collection is the influence and the truer colour. Dree’s dress is resort ,very pretty , but although it works with the sweater , I would have preferrred to have seen more of the dress-you can wear a grey sweater over J Crew-Let dior shine!!. Oddly Nalalie is the only one I am not wowed by.

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2010 at 14:01 #

You are the Dior expert :) so if you say Karlie is wearing a dress I’ll take your word for it.

Looking at it again I see how it could be a dress and not a two piece like I assumed.

Your insider knowledge is invaluable. Thank you

• Lee Ann December 9, 2010 at 14:58 #

i’m not sure cause there is a skirt in this design too so it could be that and I haven’t seen the Spring product book yet just a xerox picture of the bodice and skirt. I did e mail my Dior friend and ask whether I bought a one sleeved dress? Gosh I hope not as I did that 30 years ago not keen to do it again. I haven’t seen the dress yet as it will come in in March.

• Lee Ann December 10, 2010 at 20:23 #

Fc – it is a dress. Loved Amy adam’s dress so much I bought it today but in the pink-roll on spring ,

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2010 at 20:55 #

Thanks for the update. I can always rely on you.

Amy’s dress is lovely. I can so picture it on you.

6. dressaddict December 9, 2010 at 14:00 #

I actually think that both Karlie and Dree are wearing dresses, not skirts and tops :) (you can see the upper part of Dree’s dress under the sweater and also that Karlie has a one piece, there’s no cut-line on the ensemble, as it should’ve been in the top/skirt combination).

• Lee Ann December 9, 2010 at 15:07 #

Dree is wearing a dress -FC said it was

• dressaddict December 9, 2010 at 16:28 #

When i posted there was not your comment or FC’s, otherwise i wouldn’t have said it. I saw them later.

• Lee Ann December 9, 2010 at 16:56 #

ahh -as I posted when there were no comments and FCsaid dress then didn’t know.

7. Catherine December 9, 2010 at 14:34 #

Natalie’s dress isn’t very flattering..
    Amy’s dress is quite nice though, love the bow!

8. Camille December 9, 2010 at 14:56 #

Not wowed by Natalie. She looks too prim and boxy. Love Amy’s look, it is such an improvement over the last outfit and gives her an hourglass shape post-baby. Love the shoes also. Karlie is perfect, cool and elegant yet relaxed. Dree is young and hip in a good way. Take note Alexa Chung and Live Tyler.

9. Marvel December 9, 2010 at 15:19 #

Amy Adams is perfect!

I still cant believe Natalie Portman is the ‘face’ of Dior. The fact that Dior not only uses REAL fur but uses animals to test their perfume is really odd for Natalie aligns herself with the brand. To make matters worse, Natalie isn’t a vegetarian, she is a vegan and therefore much stricter when it comes to animals

10. Lara December 9, 2010 at 15:36 #

Love Amy and her choices lately

11. mol December 9, 2010 at 19:10 #

Again, Dree Hemingway reminds me of why I love her style, she’s my favorite here by far, Karlie Kloss looks good too.

12. Alicat December 9, 2010 at 23:28 #

It is strange that as the newly announced face of Dior, she chooses such an understated look. In the photo above, she is completely outshone by Mr Galliano. Every time I look at the photo my eye is drawn to him. She looks almost “girl next door”.

13. KateS December 9, 2010 at 23:47 #

Dree looks fabulous, but I second all the other comments about Natalie and Dior just not feeling like a good match.

14. Hannah December 9, 2010 at 23:50 #

I find NAtalie’s look really cheap looking and unflattering. Not even almost a fan, especially with short heels and average boring hair and makeup. Marion (maybe, given the last time we saw what she was wearing) and Charlize would have hopefully looked super glamorous and amazing, and I am really missing their presence from this event i like dree’s look, it just is a bit flat for this event, dior = drama! I love what leighton wore, which was snuffed by te jacket, i prefer the amy adams dress in that beautiful bubble gum pink.

15. mochababe73 December 10, 2010 at 01:55 #

I LOVE John Galliano. He is so chic, masculine, and quirky.
    Not feeling that dress on Natalie. The other women look better than she does. As far as I’m concerned, they all outshined Natalie.

16. Saara December 10, 2010 at 06:16 #

Amy is my favourite, good accessorising. Karlie’s clutch and Dree’s hair ruin their looks imo.

17. Emi December 10, 2010 at 09:20 #

First of all this picture of Natalie Portman with Galliano is really unflattering, ’cause it shortens her legs. Said that, this dress is without praise or blame, the sandals really ordinary and the hair simple but she could do something better with it. I love K. Kloss and D. Hemingway, because they added a personal touch, which is always appreciable.

18. Tahj December 10, 2010 at 11:04 #

I don’t think Natalie suits Dior. Leave the dior to Charlize Theron, Eva Green and Marion Cotillard. Natalie would suit Chanel more or Rodarte which has been great on her.