Celebrities Still Love…Brian Atwood Maniac Pumps

Just in the past few days we’ve seen at least 5 celebrities wearing Brian Atwood Maniac pumps on the red carpet.

The total for the year has to be well over 300 times that these soles have appeared at events.

Their popularity isn’t even localised in the US. Dannii Minogue has also been spotted wearing them on the X Factor and Victoria Beckham has been spotted wearing hers at Heathrow airport.

The Maniac Pumps have finally dethroned YSL Trib Too’s as the most popular shoe for celebs.

Why?

Well I don’t know for sure. My guesses are that the shoes are either very comfortable or celebs like the variety of colours the shoes and textures they come in.

Net-A-Porter International sell them in a lime green colour.

Credit: Getty & INFDaily

Diane Kruger Loves Her...Jil Sander 'JIL' Bag

Diane Kruger Loves Her…Jil Sander ‘JIL’ Bag

Celebrities Love...Chloé Aurore Duffle Bag

Celebrities Love…Chloé Aurore Duffle Bag

16 Responses to Celebrities Still Love…Brian Atwood Maniac Pumps

1. Shemah December 9, 2010 at 16:17 #

My guess is that they’re probably comfortable.. The hidden platform gives added height without killing your feet..

I tried these Brian Atwood inspired maniac pumps by Nine West and it was more comfortable than any other 5 inch pumps i’ve tried. So i can just imagine the REAL comfort of wearing actual Brian Atwood pumps. How i wish.

2. Marvel December 9, 2010 at 16:35 #

I dont know if this taken over Trib Too;s are a good thing or a bad thing?

3. Vanessa December 9, 2010 at 16:55 #

I love your blog, it inspired me to create my own.

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2010 at 16:58 #

good for you… :)

4. robbie December 9, 2010 at 17:06 #

i dont get why people are so obsessed with these, they look heavy and arent even nice to look at.

• Linda December 9, 2010 at 21:22 #

No, they’re not, especially the nude ones! That shade is atrocious and I always cringe when I see them in pics. The line detail on the toe doesn’t help matters either. I like a nude shoe, but not this one.

• V December 10, 2010 at 03:37 #

that line detail kills me softly. it really makes the shoes look really cheap.

5. Nia December 9, 2010 at 17:21 #

The colours are gorgeous. I would wear them, even if they were killing me.

6. karen December 9, 2010 at 18:31 #

I have them and i will tell you why i like them. They make me feel taller without killing my feet like Louboutins.

7. Jo December 9, 2010 at 18:43 #

They’ve got a bit of a cushion on the sole and the platform is quite deep making them relatively comfortable. However I am 5’11″ and am quite literally a giant in them – I tried them on in Intermix and even the assistant in the store had to admit I looked ridiculous. And I love my heels by the way (hence the new Alexandre Birmans I just got on net-a-porter, sooo gorg) but these things are extreme!

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2010 at 19:11 #

I’m 5ft 11in too so I’m be a giant in them too, but it never stopped me suffering in Louboutin’s :)

8. Ethne Blist December 9, 2010 at 19:07 #

They are comfy. I can walk in my nude Maniacs for half of the day before my feet start to complain. Plus I also don’t feel like I am wearing super high skinny heel heels like I do with my Trib Toos. I’m not as self-conscious.

9. justme December 9, 2010 at 20:23 #

They’re comfortable and their design is simple enough that they can go with almost everything.

10. Hannah December 9, 2010 at 22:46 #

TBH it is probably because they are pretty easy to get, are, I believe, slightly lower iwth a thicker heels than the trib twos and they ‘go with everything’, aka you buy an dpair and can just chuck them on whenever.

11. Matt December 10, 2010 at 01:33 #

They are quite basic, but beautiful nonetheless

12. Ev December 10, 2010 at 06:39 #

I really hope that they are at least comfortable to walk in, because honestly I don’t find them nice at all. And celebrities wear the WAAAY too much.