08.12.10

Diane Kruger In Chanel – Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 Paris-Byzance Presentation

Karl Lagerfeld unveiled his Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 Paris-Byzance collection in Paris yesterday.

His loyal follower Diane Kruger was of course in the front row, no doubt selecting many looks for her upcoming red carpet appearances.

She wore a black Chanel Pre-Fall 2007 Paris-Montecarlo dress with a sheer skirt and an intricate beaded detail on the neck and waistline to prevent the look from appearing too plain.

With her hair swept to the side in a loose plait the Chanel devotee accessorized with a white Chanel purse, patterned tights and thigh-high boots.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Michelle Monaghan In Lanvin - "Somewhere" LA Premiere

Michelle Monaghan In Lanvin – “Somewhere” LA Premiere

Stars Wearing Louis Vuitton @ The "Somewhere" LA Premiere

Stars Wearing Louis Vuitton @ The “Somewhere” LA Premiere

21 Responses to Diane Kruger In Chanel – Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 Paris-Byzance Presentation

1. robbie December 8, 2010 at 18:09 #

love the dress and the hair but i hate the rest.

2. Hisadora December 8, 2010 at 18:11 #

Perfect. I love this look. She looks damn gorgeous!

3. Ethne Blist December 8, 2010 at 18:14 #

The tights, boots and white quilted bag are killers. They DO NOT work. sandals would have. Seriously Diane. You know how to wear Chanel, but not like this.

4. Hannah December 8, 2010 at 18:21 #

The dress could have been so beautiful, but the styling ruins it. I like the natural hari and makeup, and I always cherish seeing it on someone like Diane, but everythign else falls apart. a gold bag, no tights (or opaque black) and gold shoes would have looked much better. It is like Carey mulligans brown ankle boots all over again!

5. anecdoteCD December 8, 2010 at 18:23 #

Sarah Michelle Gellar wore this dress a few years ago to a Chanel event in LA. She wore satin slingback Louboutin and accessorized with Chanel jewelry and a Chanel clutch. As much as I die for Diane, I think Sarah Michelle did the dress justice. Just wanted to let you know! LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the blog!

XO

• Fashion Critic December 8, 2010 at 18:37 #

• anecdoteCD December 8, 2010 at 18:38 #

You’re welcome! Her’s also had little cap sleeves which I think are more attractive on this style than that double strap…

6. GustavoMex December 8, 2010 at 18:27 #

i hate the double strap, looks like she is showing her bra, i think it would be better if the dress is just halter and a jacket or something over her shoulder, because is like watching two different look waist up and waist down, or is fall or is summer

7. dee December 8, 2010 at 19:02 #

I don’t like the hair or bag. I like everything else.

8. sonia December 8, 2010 at 20:39 #

oh my good I’m not going call this “a look” because is OUTRAGEOUS, I cannot imagine someone paying what a Chanel costs in order to look sooo vulgar. ufff i don’t dare to look at it again…

9. Tania December 8, 2010 at 23:08 #

I’m thinking she styled it herself and the white bag is so random!

10. Linda December 8, 2010 at 23:59 #

This feels like something we’ve seen before on Diane. I don’t particularly like the styling or the double strap. Looks like her bra is showing, as someone else pointed out.

11. KateS December 9, 2010 at 01:45 #

As others have noted, this styling is an abomination. A dreadful look head-to-toe.

• manja December 9, 2010 at 16:48 #

double ditto that

12. nicky December 9, 2010 at 01:54 #

okay the boots mightve been a bit over the top but if anyon can pull it off..it’ll be diane. i say this all the times but she looks effortless in all her looks. she looks gorgeouss and i actually liked this look!

13. mochababe73 December 9, 2010 at 02:07 #

More often than not, I love Diane Kruger’s style. But this is a miss for me.
    I would have preferred that she wore the dress with some strappy black sandals. Even plain black pumps would have been better. I am not a fan of the boots at all. Then to top it all off, she has side cleavage and the straps are too teeny.
    Just not good at all.

14. Jones19 December 9, 2010 at 03:54 #

The boots kill it. completely

15. D December 9, 2010 at 10:02 #

white bag….. boots… patterned tights…. double strap looking like bra straps… wrong hair…. hummm could have done better with this dress!!

16. harris December 9, 2010 at 14:23 #

hot mess

17. Marvel December 9, 2010 at 15:24 #

Sarah so wore it better and plus the boots completely ruin the dress along with the hair

18. Emi December 9, 2010 at 15:48 #

Messy look, I hate those boots, the white bag (it’s cute but I dislike a white bag when the rest of the look is black), the patterned tights and those straps…are they a part of the dress or of her bra?