Amy Adams In J. Mendel – “The Fighter” LA Premiere

This is Amy Adams second red carpet appearance since giving birth to her daughter in May.

She walked the red carpet at the Gruman’s Chinese Theatre last night for LA Premiere of “The Fighter”

Amy wore a J.Mendel Spring 2011 floaty dress.

Her pearl grey silk chiffon pleated v-neck dress was accented with a silver beaded belt.

I loved this dress on the runway as it moves so gracefully. Unfortunately I’m not as blown away by it on Amy.

Her version loses some of its appeal with the extra layer on the skirt plus the colour washes her out.

I also think some of the elegance is lost with the stark contrast of the red satin Brian Atwood pumps.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent - Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Ellen Page In Saint Laurent – Vanity Fair Oscar Party 2014

Michelle Williams In Azzaro – “Blue Valentine” New York Premiere

Michelle Williams In Azzaro – “Blue Valentine” New York Premiere

14 Responses to Amy Adams In J. Mendel – “The Fighter” LA Premiere

1. gossip_bangkok December 8, 2010 at 12:53 #

Love the dress on the runway, not so much on Amy. Agree on your comment about how the dress lost its’ elegance.

2. Carys December 8, 2010 at 13:16 #

Not loving this at all. The dress looks beautiful on the runway and is not Amy’s colour at all. I like to see her in much brighter colours.

3. Marvel December 8, 2010 at 13:28 #

Not loving the dress at all. I do like the pop of red from her though

4. Jarrold December 8, 2010 at 13:57 #

Yeah this isn’t that good of a look. I can’t believe no one has said anything about her weight gain. I hope she loses the baby weight!

• _danny (aka the modman) December 8, 2010 at 15:10 #

Weight gain from pregnancy will go away.. just because she hasn’t obsessively worked it all off (as many Hollywood actresses do) doesn’t mean she should get slack for it. Just my two cents!

• Ethne Blist December 8, 2010 at 15:48 #

Baby weight is GOOD on skinny Hollywood actresses. It makes them look HUMAN. I don’t mind her shoes. But I wish they were baby blue satin.

• justme December 8, 2010 at 16:05 #

Noone has said anything about the weight gain because she was pregnant duh lol.

5. Cherry December 8, 2010 at 13:59 #

OMFG ! Je ne l’aurais pas reconnu !!!

6. _danny (aka the modman) December 8, 2010 at 15:09 #

Her shoes make her look very Dorothy-like.. and not in a good way?

7. JJovana3 December 8, 2010 at 15:55 #

Not flattering at all. I dont have a problem with baby weight…and not loosing it immediately like some kind of robot, but atleast wait till you are back in shape to wear such revealing on the top dress. Just my opinion.

8. laura D December 8, 2010 at 19:30 #

It would help if the dress were a couple of inches longer, and hit just above the ankles. Mid-calf is almost never flattering (except maybe in a wiggle dress with a back split.) It would flow better…and she should have had the lining stop a couple of inches above the knees…would have allowed the skirt to be light and flowy but still modest enough.

9. moja31 December 9, 2010 at 00:51 #

she’s not tall enough to make this work; but i like that she hasn’t lost all of her baby weight just yet, it’s refreshingly normal.

10. mochababe73 December 9, 2010 at 02:34 #

Not good. She could definitely find a dress that will show off her post-baby body better.
    Not bashing. My youngest is 6, and I am still trying to lose the baby weight. Sometimes real LIFE takes precedence.

11. karen December 9, 2010 at 05:36 #

Oh my, was she trying to copy the runway look from the hair to the lipstick too? Well it didn’t work. Her makeup is too harsh and the color of dress washes her out. Bad look.