Christina Aguilera In Elie Saab – “Burlesque” Tokyo Premiere

Christina Aguilera opted for a more demure look when she attended the “Burlesque” Tokyo Premiere at Roppongi Hills Arena in Japan earlier today.

It looks like all our bad girls are becoming good girls.

The star formerly known as Xtina wore an Elie Saab Spring 2010 black dress with YSL pumps.

Her capped sleeved dress with shoulder pads has a plunging ruched neckline and exposed zippers.

Although I miss the sexy Christina, I do love this look.

For once the make-up looks beautiful and not applied too heavily, and her hair looks pretty so I find nothing to fault.

Her Japanese hosts presented her with the cake this week because Burlesque opens in cinemas on December 18 which is her birthday.

Credit: Getty

37 thoughts on “Christina Aguilera In Elie Saab – “Burlesque” Tokyo Premiere

1. Ethne Blist

I don’t like this look. I am glad she is not shoving her anatomy in out faces, but I find this dress on Elie Saab like (I never would have thought this dress was his- at all). She can do better. I at least would want her to wear something more glam. Great hair and makeup though.

2. Laura

Umm, I don’t know. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. Definitely don’t like the tan, but something else feels wrong. Better than the other Elie Saab look, but I’m still not gushing. I love Elie, but I don’t love Elie on Christina. Or maybe I just don’t like what Christina does to Elie’s designs.

3. Dirk

huh. i was kind of surprised to see that this was elie saab. his dresses are usually not so….

well, boring.

4. dee

She looks okay but I think her hair is too light. I think she needs to ditch the platinum blonde hair as it is too harsh on her.

5. manja

the dress looks like some kinde of uniform,not fit for premiere.make upa nd hair very nice for a change.all in all better then what she usually wears/looks.

6. G

She’s yellow! The rest of her is miles better than usual, but I can’t move past the fact that she actually looks like a Simpson’s character.

7. kimi

I don’t know. I don’t hate it or love it. I don’t even know if I like it. Maybe its probably that I’m not used to Christina dressing like this. I do like the dress and everything else, maybe its the hair? I’m never fond of her hair.

8. Ev

I would never, NEVER ever thought it’s Elie Saab. It looks so black and boring and (omg can’t believe i’m saying this) cheap. Her hair and makeup are perfect, but overall this is bad.

9. Maria Claudia

I’m sorry. But I don’t like her.
    And I can say she’s probably wearing this black dress because she has gain too much weight.
    Probably is the light that makes the make up look soft. I bet it’s heavy.

10. Leti

FC, did you see what Christina wore in Tokyo the day before? She might have thought it was a dress, but it looked more like a shirt, for a pregnant woman. One might call it sexy…

11. anna

christina looks so yellow in comparision with kristin! don’t like the tan!

this dress is not ugly but it’s so…usual!
    i’m sure everyone has seen some dress similar to this once!

12. Hannah

I like this dress on her too. I miss the stage when she went full on glamour, which I hope is what you were referring to as ‘sexy’, and not the X-tina / Dirrty period of her life. That was really quite tragic.

13. Carolina

She doesn’t seems to have an identity. She always changes her style completely according to her album. Just remeber her Dirrty days, Candyman or Not Myself Tonight. She should be more consistent.

14. mochababe73

The dress looks sexy on the model. It loses its sex appeal on Christina. I am thinking that maybe it’s because she’s short. The zipper is not hitting her in the same place as the model because of her height. The hair doesn’t help.
    I wish that she had modified the dress to knee length and had the Marilyn Monroe hair. Now, that would have been sexy on her.

15. Lukkiee

It is much better than the tacky “prom style” Elie Saab dress she wore in LA but the hair and shoes let her down :( Also when you are as big as a superstar as Christina you would think she would be able to get dresses from the current Spring 11′ or Fall 10′ season.

16. Tropical Breeze

I find myself really like this look. When Chris doesn’t overdo it, the result is always great.

17. gossip_bangkok

Nice, but for me, too much black, I for one, like the styling of the runway look better. Elie Saab is a genius!

18. SarahV

Wow… that super white (compared to christina &co..?) man on the left looks creepy.

This gown is uninteresting… I never would’ve guessed it’s Elie Saab. Quite disappointing, actually..