Christina Aguilera In Elie Saab – “Burlesque” Tokyo Premiere

Christina Aguilera opted for a more demure look when she attended the “Burlesque” Tokyo Premiere at Roppongi Hills Arena in Japan earlier today.

It looks like all our bad girls are becoming good girls.

The star formerly known as Xtina wore an Elie Saab Spring 2010 black dress with YSL pumps.

Her capped sleeved dress with shoulder pads has a plunging ruched neckline and exposed zippers.

Although I miss the sexy Christina, I do love this look.

For once the make-up looks beautiful and not applied too heavily, and her hair looks pretty so I find nothing to fault.

Her Japanese hosts presented her with the cake this week because Burlesque opens in cinemas on December 18 which is her birthday.

Credit: Getty

Carrie Underwood in Edition by Georges Chakra – 2010 American Country Awards

Carrie Underwood in Edition by Georges Chakra – 2010 American Country Awards

Emma Roberts In Julien Macdonald - 2010 British Fashion Awards

Emma Roberts In Julien Macdonald – 2010 British Fashion Awards

37 Responses to Christina Aguilera In Elie Saab – “Burlesque” Tokyo Premiere

1. abd al rahman fetyany December 7, 2010 at 17:04 #

lebanese desinger i love you

2. Ethne Blist December 7, 2010 at 17:08 #

I don’t like this look. I am glad she is not shoving her anatomy in out faces, but I find this dress on Elie Saab like (I never would have thought this dress was his- at all). She can do better. I at least would want her to wear something more glam. Great hair and makeup though.

3. Laura December 7, 2010 at 17:11 #

Umm, I don’t know. Something just doesn’t feel right to me. Definitely don’t like the tan, but something else feels wrong. Better than the other Elie Saab look, but I’m still not gushing. I love Elie, but I don’t love Elie on Christina. Or maybe I just don’t like what Christina does to Elie’s designs.

4. Dirk December 7, 2010 at 17:27 #

huh. i was kind of surprised to see that this was elie saab. his dresses are usually not so….

well, boring.

5. dee December 7, 2010 at 17:31 #

She looks okay but I think her hair is too light. I think she needs to ditch the platinum blonde hair as it is too harsh on her.

6. Lee Ann December 7, 2010 at 17:36 #

This is Elie Saab ? I swear I bought a shorter version of this dress last year at COS for my daughter.

7. manja December 7, 2010 at 17:37 #

the dress looks like some kinde of uniform,not fit for premiere.make upa nd hair very nice for a change.all in all better then what she usually wears/looks.

8. G December 7, 2010 at 17:39 #

She’s yellow! The rest of her is miles better than usual, but I can’t move past the fact that she actually looks like a Simpson’s character.

• Linda December 7, 2010 at 23:55 #

Yeah, me neither…I’d like to like this more, but I can’t get past the yellow/ orange skin.

• KateS December 8, 2010 at 05:01 #

I agree, and the hair makes it worse.

• Alina December 8, 2010 at 13:54 #

I agree. She sould dye her hair in a more natural colour.

9. Terry December 7, 2010 at 18:01 #

The dress is actually from the S/S 2010 collection

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 18:40 #

10. kimi December 7, 2010 at 18:07 #

I don’t know. I don’t hate it or love it. I don’t even know if I like it. Maybe its probably that I’m not used to Christina dressing like this. I do like the dress and everything else, maybe its the hair? I’m never fond of her hair.

11. Ev December 7, 2010 at 18:09 #

I would never, NEVER ever thought it’s Elie Saab. It looks so black and boring and (omg can’t believe i’m saying this) cheap. Her hair and makeup are perfect, but overall this is bad.

12. Arabic-Fashion December 7, 2010 at 18:09 #

I like this look , But this dress from his Spring 2010 RTW
    Thanx a lot

13. manja December 7, 2010 at 18:12 #

omg she IS yellow,didnt notice it but so true.LOL Simpson’s character,good one

14. Methedrine December 7, 2010 at 18:18 #

She looks beautiful, this is a great look for fer!

• Methedrine December 7, 2010 at 18:19 #

oops for her not for fer lol

15. Maria Claudia December 7, 2010 at 18:18 #

I’m sorry. But I don’t like her.
    And I can say she’s probably wearing this black dress because she has gain too much weight.
    Probably is the light that makes the make up look soft. I bet it’s heavy.

16. Tania December 7, 2010 at 18:21 #

I really like this Elie Saab dress.

17. Leti December 7, 2010 at 18:22 #

FC, did you see what Christina wore in Tokyo the day before? She might have thought it was a dress, but it looked more like a shirt, for a pregnant woman. One might call it sexy…

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 18:32 #

I missed it

• Terry December 7, 2010 at 18:58 #

That was a terrible look. A cheap-looking polka dot dress with black heavy tights, plus terrible hair and make-up :(

• amber December 7, 2010 at 21:05 #

that look was horrible. didnt look like dress at all. like she pair a shirt with tights.

18. anna December 7, 2010 at 18:56 #

christina looks so yellow in comparision with kristin! don’t like the tan!

this dress is not ugly but it’s so…usual!
    i’m sure everyone has seen some dress similar to this once!

19. Hannah December 7, 2010 at 22:11 #

I like this dress on her too. I miss the stage when she went full on glamour, which I hope is what you were referring to as ‘sexy’, and not the X-tina / Dirrty period of her life. That was really quite tragic.

20. Carolina December 7, 2010 at 22:16 #

She doesn’t seems to have an identity. She always changes her style completely according to her album. Just remeber her Dirrty days, Candyman or Not Myself Tonight. She should be more consistent.

21. Marvel December 7, 2010 at 23:28 #

I can find a fault, her terrible tan.

It looks like she swam in Wotsis factory

22. mochababe73 December 8, 2010 at 00:39 #

The dress looks sexy on the model. It loses its sex appeal on Christina. I am thinking that maybe it’s because she’s short. The zipper is not hitting her in the same place as the model because of her height. The hair doesn’t help.
    I wish that she had modified the dress to knee length and had the Marilyn Monroe hair. Now, that would have been sexy on her.

23. Lukkiee December 8, 2010 at 00:59 #

It is much better than the tacky “prom style” Elie Saab dress she wore in LA but the hair and shoes let her down :( Also when you are as big as a superstar as Christina you would think she would be able to get dresses from the current Spring 11′ or Fall 10′ season.

24. Tropical Breeze December 8, 2010 at 03:30 #

I find myself really like this look. When Chris doesn’t overdo it, the result is always great.

25. gossip_bangkok December 8, 2010 at 05:38 #

Nice, but for me, too much black, I for one, like the styling of the runway look better. Elie Saab is a genius!

26. SarahV December 8, 2010 at 22:32 #

Wow… that super white (compared to christina &co..?) man on the left looks creepy.

This gown is uninteresting… I never would’ve guessed it’s Elie Saab. Quite disappointing, actually..

27. noo December 11, 2010 at 20:13 #

i hate kristin bell’s look, the black and white version from the runway was much better