07.12.10 Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – “The Tourist” New York Premiere

Angelina Jolie was joined by her husband Brad Pitt and her co-star Johnny Depp on the red carpet for the New York Premiere of her new movie “The Tourist” last night.

I’m truly thankful for many things, but mostly because she’s not wearing black.

She looked beautiful an Atelier Versace angora gown.

Her ivory white long sleeved gown was gathered on one side to reveal a thigh high split.

Through that split we can see her white Ferragamo pumps.

Angelina wore her hair in a half up and half down style, and kept her jewels to a minimum by just accessorized with rectangle shaped pendant earrings.

I really love this look, but I’m not really as blown away as I was hoping to be.

Maybe the white pumps are putting me off, as I’ve never been a fan of white shoes anywhere.

Do let me know if you think this is BDOTW worthy.

Credit: Getty

Olivia Wilde In Giorgio Armani – “Tron: Legacy” London Premiere

Olivia Wilde In Giorgio Armani – “Tron: Legacy” London Premiere

theOutnet.com Up To 80% Balmain Sale

theOutnet.com Up To 80% Balmain Sale

90 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – “The Tourist” New York Premiere

1. karen December 7, 2010 at 07:52 #

Absolutely deserves to be on the BDOTW poll. Angelina looks stunning. She looks gorgeous.

• Anissa December 7, 2010 at 15:00 #

Serously! I love this dress. So sexy and yet I just want to hug it ;)
      It kind of reminds me of the old Hollywood sweater girls look…

Plus her hair/makeup/jewelry is spot on!

2. Lily December 7, 2010 at 07:54 #

Angelina is a gorgeous woman (and would be even moreso if she gained 15 pounds), but she always styles her hair, makeup and outfit as if she’s at least 40. Just once, I’d love to see her look age-appropriate and stunning. Nothing about this look wows me.

• Ethne Blist December 7, 2010 at 16:25 #

I agree. NOT BDOTW worthy. She needs to get out of her comfort zone.

• Hannah December 7, 2010 at 22:30 #

She is beautiful, if sligthly too skinny, but her ahir, as well as her makeup, really irritates me. She can do anything wiht it, but she chucks it in a mundane style and calls it a day. It severely ages her.

3. Vidhya December 7, 2010 at 07:55 #

Its beautiful.. BDOTW for sure.. she looks stunning… BTW.FC. are there any pictures of a model wearing this dress? or is it custom made for her?

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 08:16 #

Custom made, like most of her Versace gown

• Vidhya December 7, 2010 at 09:28 #

thank u.. its so winter perfect… :) wud love to have one custom made for me :D

• J December 16, 2010 at 12:33 #

If I had one of these I’d live in it. It looks sooooooo comfy and lush and and scrumptious. I agree about the styling, we all know she’s a mother and past that whole I’m-so-edgy-I-wear-my-little-man’s-blood-round-my-neck-and-play-with-knives-as-a-hobby thing she had going on a few years ago, so please PLUH-EEEEEEEZ get somebody who loves you to style you, because clearly, if you have a stylist now, they’re not bothering much.

4. Sumee December 7, 2010 at 07:59 #

i think she looks mighty fine ! thank GOD she is not wearing black ****

5. Eli December 7, 2010 at 08:02 #

I think she looks amazing, elegant yet sexy, sophisticated yet refreshing… I think it’s BDOTW worthy :)

6. kim December 7, 2010 at 08:12 #

yes, BDOTW worthy.

7. f4fashion December 7, 2010 at 08:27 #

Shame about the white shoes :( . IMO, a sexy pair of gold strappies would’ve make this look a ten. Nice hair and make up, beautiful dress but the shoes are…!

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 10:28 #

Or silver..

• dee December 7, 2010 at 15:05 #

That’s what I was thinking silver shoes would have looked better. She looks gorgeous nonetheless.

8. Grace December 7, 2010 at 08:30 #

Beautiful. She looks curvacious! BDOTW

9. Mille December 7, 2010 at 08:49 #

She looks gorgeous! Totally BDOTW. I’m not a fan of those white pumps ether, I would prefer nude, but still she looks great.

10. Anna December 7, 2010 at 08:59 #

Notice that she has covered up her arms in all her latest pics. Thank you Angelina for sparing us the sight of those veiny arms!

• mari December 8, 2010 at 00:10 #

lke she can do anything about it!

11. S December 7, 2010 at 09:18 #

Don’t think it’s BDOTW worthy. Nothing is wowing me here, I feel like I’ve seen this simple look with the thigh-high split many times before.

12. bb December 7, 2010 at 09:22 #

I think it’s extremely boring. I must have seen her in something like this for a hundred times already.

She looks really beautiful though. Just boring.

• ber December 7, 2010 at 14:14 #

Agreed.

• JJovana3 December 7, 2010 at 15:24 #

She always dresses “boring”. Nothing new here. Even “boring”, she looks like a Grecian Goddess.

13. Fiona December 7, 2010 at 09:23 #

Love that it’s not black, love that it has sleeves seeing as it is December and freezing in NY, and I am pretty sure those earrings match her eye colour exactly. I too have reservations about the white shoes, but it is a minor detail in an otherwise beautiful look.

14. JacobGH December 7, 2010 at 09:24 #

Gorgeous, classy, elegant. Agree, though, that the white pumps are throwing me off a little.

15. noo December 7, 2010 at 09:28 #

BDOTW definitely

16. june December 7, 2010 at 09:42 #

the problem with judging angie in BDOTW is that she’s so, so gorgeous that she makes it in just on her own merits regardless of what she’s actually wearing. it makes it hard to choose whether it’s her clothes which are outstanding, or her.

she looks lovely here, but to be honest, some of the other ladies have been more adventurous, personalized their outfits more and weren’t so samey.

17. Joy December 7, 2010 at 09:43 #

What material is this dress? It has an angora woolish look in the picture. That makes it interesting for me. Angelina definately is not my favorite but she looks better then her norm. Gotta love Versace! I don’t like her shoes though. They appear white with the ivory dress.

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 10:27 #

Yes it’s angora

• Terry December 7, 2010 at 10:48 #

I love this dress because it’s sexy and classy, but also because it’s made of angora, which is an unusual choice for an evening dress. She looks beautiful!

18. ahot December 7, 2010 at 09:53 #

Classic design, check
    white, check
    the breaking news here are the texture of the gown. Ist it Wool? i never saw anything like this before on the red carpet. BDOTW

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 10:26 #

I think so. It looks very cozy

19. Ayesha December 7, 2010 at 09:54 #

the hair and makup is great,the dress in gorgoeus,but just like you i’m not blown away…anyway..but yeah,it is BDOTW worthy!!

20. D December 7, 2010 at 09:58 #

she is either black or white….. and looks 5 years older than her age, and too thin…. i used to be such a big fan, but she hasn’t wowed me for years. but i think her personality shines through no matter what she wears, and that’s the best accessory.

I like the dress (very practical i winter!) and white shoes, but the hair’s always been the same…..

21. sparklet December 7, 2010 at 10:02 #

Unbelievable. i think this is one of her best ever. definitely BDOTW worthy.

22. Yaas December 7, 2010 at 10:21 #

Angelina is a beautiful woman, so this look is just fine, not that special; that red Versace for Salt Russia premier was something memorable.

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 10:24 #

I totally agree

• D December 7, 2010 at 11:47 #

true =)

• artemis December 7, 2010 at 23:52 #

Exactly! She looks definitely beautiful, but the dress itself is not BDOTW worthy for me!!

23. Marvel December 7, 2010 at 10:35 #

The dress is nice enough and I dont mind the pumps (although silver would have ben better) but what ruins it for me is the hair.

24. Wendy December 7, 2010 at 10:49 #

Definitely BDOTW worthy!
    The thing that I like the most about this look is that it’s simple but still glamorous :)

25. Rachel December 7, 2010 at 11:02 #

She looks beautifull and the dress fits great, but I feel like it’s deja vu. I’ve seen her in black or white so many times before!

26. Maria Claudia December 7, 2010 at 11:08 #

I must admit I’m not a fan of white shoes either. Actually they shouldn’t exist.. But this dress is amazing. It fits her body perfectly.. She’s looking incredibly beautiful and we should celebrate the fact that she’s not wearing black..
    She deserves BDOTW..

27. Sameera Ali December 7, 2010 at 11:12 #

It Is a cashmere gown and yes it is definitely BDOTW worthy :)

28. Hermione Weasley December 7, 2010 at 11:25 #

I really like it. It’s simple yet stunning, and I love the fabric! Winter-y chic!

29. fozaaa December 7, 2010 at 11:45 #

Don’t understand why people say she is boring. Black, white, nude – that is her style. For me she is consistent. Love this look.

30. adrien December 7, 2010 at 11:48 #

I don’t get how a 35 years old woman looking like she is 10 years older could be named BDOTW…

The dress is nice, interesting fabric (not on a red carpet IMO though) but where is the excitement?

• anna December 7, 2010 at 19:11 #

me neither!
      ithis look is really typical for her! and it does age her.

brad, in the other hand, looks charming as ever!

• adrien December 7, 2010 at 19:45 #

He does… but I m more into Katy Perry! ^^

31. Lee Ann December 7, 2010 at 11:48 #

This is a dress that would definately look better up close. She is beautiful. She looks beautiful . It is a tasteful dress but I yearn to see her in something more. —for example some of the Oscar pre fall looks could be absolutely breath taking. I just wish for once she would try something new! Maybe even Dries.

32. GirlOne December 7, 2010 at 12:04 #

Two words: Deja-vu.

33. Dorian Gray December 7, 2010 at 12:14 #

BDOTW for sure and not just beacuse it is Atelier Versace but above all for the angora, so unique!

34. gossip_bangkok December 7, 2010 at 12:25 #

The dress was very Angie. The fabric is really interesting though. Is it cashmere?

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 12:43 #

It’s angora.

35. jadel December 7, 2010 at 12:57 #

omg, i was there last night and she’s just breath taking, i can’t tell you about her beauty till you see her face to face, she looks like garbage in pictures compare to what she looks in person, stunning out of this world…it was cold as hell but the few minutes of thrilling excitment watching jhonny, brad and angie can’t be compared..angie looked stunning and had grown ass men and women screaming like lil girls, including me lol

• Fashion Critic December 7, 2010 at 13:01 #

lol…I can well imagine her having that effect on people.

36. mag December 7, 2010 at 13:41 #

she still needs a little bit of weight on her too thin body

37. sara December 7, 2010 at 13:45 #

it’s an unexpected fabric for i dress..and i really love the result!

38. Sophia December 7, 2010 at 13:49 #

I love it, she looked so stunning! I think this look is definitely BDOTW worthy…

39. Hisadora December 7, 2010 at 13:54 #

I was hoping that she was not going to wear black to this premiere. She didn’t. And she looked gorgeous! Love it.

40. Kathy December 7, 2010 at 14:53 #

I think it’s sooooo BDOTW wothy!!
    I love the dress and everything (including Brad) haha

41. mol December 7, 2010 at 15:02 #

It’s a dress I feel I want to stroke, love the use of angora, it must have felt wonderful on. I also like very much the design – simple, chic, sexy and made for winter – I think this is a deserving BDOTW contender.

42. Melissa December 7, 2010 at 15:12 #

Not at all – she’s a complete snooze. She looks exactly the same to me every time. There is nothing interesting about her fashion whatsoever. Also, white shoes are disgusting.

43. T. December 7, 2010 at 15:23 #

What a beautiful dress!

44. JJovana3 December 7, 2010 at 15:25 #

This woman is an equivalent of a Grecian Goddess.

45. Moxie December 7, 2010 at 15:28 #

BDOTW worthy if nothing better comes along to knock it out of contention. Doesn’t have a wow factor, but is simple and elegant.

46. Alfie December 7, 2010 at 15:31 #

I LOVE IT!!! She looks so luxe and elegant!

This is how you pull off elegant and sexy!

It serves all the purposes. It’s a great gown, show stopping, it flatters Angelina, it’s warm and it looks cozy. She could have gone for silvery shoes but it’s too shimmery for her. White is fine on this occasion, She looks like a Winter Queen.

47. Ana December 7, 2010 at 15:56 #

I think i will be the only one saying this but i dont think this is BDOTW worthy…it is a safe dress, not bold or edgy or just colourful. PLane. IS my opinion….sorry

48. Coco December 7, 2010 at 17:04 #

This HAS to be on the BDOTW list. She looks STUNNING. I don’t mind the shoes at all because the over all look is just perfection. Makeup,hair,accessories,even her cleavage is perfect!

49. Laura December 7, 2010 at 17:09 #

Gorgeous. She works the winter “ice queen” look without looking to uppity. The hair was done well, and I applaud Angie for not overdoing the make-up. Not going to be my BDOTW, but a heck of a lot of progress for her. I like this better than the red Versace she wore to the Salt premiere because this is more of a statement and a design.

50. kimi December 7, 2010 at 18:21 #

Though I do have to say she looks beautiful but I agree on the comment on not being blown away. I’m glad she’s not wearing black but I don’t know. Everything is perfect to a T, but I feel like her aura is just dragging everything down. I miss vivacious Angelina Jolie. Yes, she’s a mother, but I don’t know, not feeling the confidence oozing out of her at all.

I’m 50-50 about if its BDOTW.

51. kis December 7, 2010 at 18:22 #

i think she looks really good, very goddess like. plus she is a beautiful woman and i guess 10 to 15 pounds will make her look really good. also , yes i think she should dress like the one she had in mr and mrs. smith or her other edgy dresses or something that expresses her truly edgy self in her younger days.

52. Tahj December 7, 2010 at 18:22 #

Gorgeous! I know I’m in the minority here because she’s not the trendy type you fashionistas drool over but I really like the way Angelina Jolie dresses. Her clothes always look so effortlessly glamourous, minimalist, understated glamour which works perfectly for her. With a face like Angelinas, you dont’ want to wear a dress that is too busy. You want to keep it simple but sexy, and that’s what it is because her clothes always look understated yet about to slip off. lol. She looks beautiful in this white gown. She doesn’t ONLY wear black either.

53. Naomi December 7, 2010 at 18:34 #

I find this look extremely boring. I like her hair and earnings, but that’s pretty much it.

54. Maria Claudia December 7, 2010 at 18:53 #

She is Angelina Jolie. The woman can pretty much do whatever she wants. I agree with Tahj. She doesn’t need to try so hard or to use always fashionable outfits. That’s the beauty of it.
    And I don’t agree that she looks boring. People may not like her. But she could be anything but boring.

55. Sara B. December 7, 2010 at 19:23 #

Not BDOTW worthy because of the white shoes. Her face is fabulous, as always, and with an accessory like that she’s going to look lovely no matter what she wears.

56. LemonPi December 7, 2010 at 20:18 #

It looks a bit like a dressing gown…

Not BDOTW worthy for me either but I do like it that she generally wears simple gowns; it kind of emphasises her beauty. The focus is on her rather than what she is wearing. I, on the other hand, need all the help I can get!

• KateS December 8, 2010 at 05:07 #

lol @ dressing gown – I was thinking throw-rug. But she’s beautiful nonetheless

57. Robert December 7, 2010 at 21:46 #

The best advise is to accept Angelina for who she is for her inner beauty as well as her figure. She has been blessed and you can’t change that . What she wears is her style….I love it and one day I would love to meet her and say I would love to have a Tour with you and Brad.

58. angeliki December 7, 2010 at 22:43 #

really boring.

59. Katey December 7, 2010 at 23:10 #

I think It is definitely a BDOTW worthy. I think This dress is simple but beautiful. I’m blown away.

60. mari December 8, 2010 at 00:17 #

I so agree witth Tahj…
    I want to wear that delicious dress just to feel the softness and richness of the fabric, and I would love to be hugged by my man while wearing it!

It is a beautiful winter dress, it looks gret on pics, so in person it must had been so great.

BDOTW for me, hard competition, yes, but clearly in the poll.

61. k December 8, 2010 at 00:33 #

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Winter white may be better than black, but her whole look is the same. So boring.

62. GIGI December 8, 2010 at 03:14 #

I would like to see fabulous jewelry with strong color. Perhaps rubies? Her emerald earrings would be lovely. Oh! What about a huge opal? Yes! Opals!!!! Opals would give a miriad of color while being soft like the dress. And something must be done about the shoes. The white is not working. They need to shimmer in a subtle way, like opals.

63. 1P1 December 8, 2010 at 08:41 #

Is this a cashmere Atelier gown? I wouldnt expect Versace to go Cashmere for Atelier, but okay aha. And Def. a BDOTW, but I kind of wish it was different fabric, and yeah the white shoes are a bit much.. Maybe nude would have been better?

64. Alina December 8, 2010 at 14:24 #

She looks beautiful.

65. _danny (aka the modman) December 8, 2010 at 15:50 #

Love the angora, the texture makes a HUGE difference. A pop of color in jewelry or shoe would have been nice, but the Ferragamos look good. Its so thoughtful of Brad to dress to fade into the background.

66. nicole December 9, 2010 at 05:47 #

BDOTW. i usually am underwhelmed by her and she comes off really the same a lot of her appearances. i agree this may not be a big leap out of her comfort zone but just looking at the look disconnected from everything else i think she really pulls it off (not many cud) and looks beautiful.

• nicole December 9, 2010 at 05:48 #

also hate white shoes but im having a hard time picturing what shoe cud go with this look other than these ones.

67. Giada :) March 30, 2011 at 23:08 #

WooW she’s wonderful!! *-* i always love her!!