Carey Mulligan In Prabal Gurung – 2010 British Independent Film Awards

All eyes would’ve been on Carey Mulligan as she walked the red carpet at the 2010 British Independent Film Awards in London last night.

I admire her recent efforts on the red carpet as she goes from strength to strength in the style department – both in terms of her dress choices and forever changing hairstyles.

She looked beautiful wearing a Prabal Gurung Spring 2011 dress.

I love the striking impact of her red Prabal Gurung dress with ruffled corsage detail bodice; although I do wish her shoulders didn’t look so hunched.

This is a very sophisticated look which doesn’t age her as she teams her look with a fun poppy embellished Roger Vivier clutch.

Black peep-toes complete the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture - Marrakech Film Festival Closing Awards Ceremony

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – Marrakech Film Festival Closing Awards Ceremony

Eva Mendes In Christian Dior & Oscar de la Renta - 2010 Marrakech Film Festival

Eva Mendes In Christian Dior & Oscar de la Renta – 2010 Marrakech Film Festival

18 Responses to Carey Mulligan In Prabal Gurung – 2010 British Independent Film Awards

1. Marvel December 6, 2010 at 12:34 #

I like the dress just her not in it. I also think her hair colour is too bottle blonde. I kinda like the black shoes on this occasion as they break up the whole red vibe shes got going on. Although gold strappies would have worked better

• Jo December 6, 2010 at 18:17 #

The shoes have a really cool red heel actually (think I saw a photo from behind on Daily Mail) which make them look pretty good with the dress. You need to see a full length from the right angle though…

2. Hisadora December 6, 2010 at 12:45 #

I like this look. The color is just perfect for her!

3. Mahima December 6, 2010 at 12:50 #

i love this look. the red just looks amazing against her skin.

4. mol December 6, 2010 at 13:22 #

I like everything except for, as you say F.C., her hunched shoulders. She’s a delight to see…..

• KateS December 7, 2010 at 01:56 #

I think the illusion of hunched shoulders might be a side effect of the close-placed straps on the dress – the model’s neck looks surprising broad too.

5. nicky December 6, 2010 at 13:30 #

she looks great. personally i feel tht the design and fit looks better on the model but nonetheless, carey continues to improve and take risks. love this vibrant colour

6. Fola December 6, 2010 at 13:40 #

Love the colour against her skin…

7. JJovana3 December 6, 2010 at 15:21 #

Carey cant do wrong in my book. She just knows what works for her…the whole deal, body and personality. She is my personal best dressed celebrity of the year.

8. Ethne Blist December 6, 2010 at 15:37 #

I am glad she changed the color. I love the bright red color.

9. Alina December 6, 2010 at 16:01 #

Chic and lovely !

10. dee December 6, 2010 at 16:48 #

I would have liked this better with a different hairstyle. I think she should have worn it down. Also the shoes are okay but she could have worn some others ones that are less boring.

11. Hannah December 6, 2010 at 17:51 #

I love PRabal Gurungs ss collection, and I love this dress of CArey, her style is definitely evolving in a good way, but surely she can afford better shoes than the usual trib twos, these overowrn sandals, or those ghastly, heinous, sinful brown ankle boots.

12. mochababe73 December 6, 2010 at 23:19 #

I think that she’s too short for the dress. And, I think that the skirt part has been modified. It fits more like a pencil skirt on the model. Yet on Carey it appears to be a little more full. That for me makes it a miss.
    With that being said, I hope to see her wear that color more often.

13. pipsqueak December 7, 2010 at 00:16 #

Beautiful! I’m not a fan of red, but the color suits her so well and looks radiant. The color on the model would’ve washed her out.

14. Alicat December 7, 2010 at 00:42 #

Same blank expression. Same hunched, cross-ankled pose. Even in this gorgeous dress with its striking colour she has no wow factor. I just don’t get her “style”.

15. karen December 7, 2010 at 08:12 #

I am not a fan of red so I prefer the runway color better. I think Carey looks too old in this dress.

16. _danny (aka the modman) December 8, 2010 at 16:01 #

Wish the belt broke the dress up a bit more.. or that the sheen was more noticable. Wish it were a darker red or slight more orange since it looks like she blends in with the carpet.