X Factor: Saturday Week 9 – Cheryl Cole In Stéphane Rolland Couture

I had mixed emotions when Cheryl Cole walked onto the X Factor stage on Saturday night.

On the one hand I was happy that she’s finally wearing Stéphane Rolland, but unfortunately her white Fall 2008 Couture dress with a black obi-style belt falls a bit flat on her – literally.

The look has a lot more personality on the runway. The decision to flatten the structure and folds on this dress wasn’t a smart one in my opinion.

You know how I feel about tampering with Couture, so this look doesn’t quite work for me as she presented it.

I don’t hate it, but she took this look from Couture to Pre-Fall.

Champagne coloured pumps and crystal drop earrings completed her look.

Credit: flip-zone.com & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Irina Shayk In Azzedine Alaia - Extra

Irina Shayk In Azzedine Alaia – Extra

Best Dressed Of The Week - Ksenia Solo In Romona Keveza

Best Dressed Of The Week – Ksenia Solo In Romona Keveza

13 Responses to X Factor: Saturday Week 9 – Cheryl Cole In Stéphane Rolland Couture

1. anne December 5, 2010 at 11:56 #

When i saw it last night i liked it. Compared to other weeks this is actually a good look. And for once the hair doesn’t take away from the dress. Seeing it now compared to the runway version…i have to agree with you. It gives a tottally different vibe as styled on the runway. But all in all, with Danni’s perfect look and Cheryl’s nice effort, it was a good night.

2. Alicat December 5, 2010 at 12:02 #

She looks like she’s been gift wrapped.

• Maria December 6, 2010 at 20:53 #

PERFECT description. It looks silly.

3. DC December 5, 2010 at 12:10 #

it’s tampering with the bodice that has had the most damage…and the plastered make up doesnt help…its not so fresh or as refreshing as danniis…more stale…but a shuffle in the right direction :)

4. Badaboum December 5, 2010 at 12:55 #

I like the hair, the dress is nice on her, but like everybody else I was left wanting for something more yesterday. But it’s a really good effort indeed!

I think Cheryl has lost some weight since the beginning of the Xfactor live shows. It was very visible last week. And at the same time there was a clear style improvement.
    I think that because she had malaria and gained weight, she maybe didn’t feel like trying (too hard) with her wardrobe at the beginning of the shows. She may have had more important thing to think about (malaria, divorce, etc.).
    I had a look on your blog at the clothes she wore on the xfactor since the first year she joined, and even thought I know that she has a team of stylists working for her, I cannot believe she simply lost her sense of style just like that. I blame it on poor healthy and personal issues.
    Looking forward to see what she will wear during the final show.

5. Lara December 5, 2010 at 13:08 #

I thought it was Marchesa at first, lol
    not bad, but not good look either.

6. sara December 5, 2010 at 14:19 #

i don’t like the pumps neither the belt it’s too wideand seems a stain more than a belt!moreover, the runway version is very special because it seems made of paper, on cheryl doesn’t seem so!

7. Hannah December 5, 2010 at 17:04 #

IMO this dress looks awful on her, it needs the sharpness and it cannto be flat, because it looks like a tissure on her. When she stood up to applaud her acts it looked even worse. I also feel the earrings and shos, although beautiful, contradicted the cleanness and sharpess of the dress.

8. nicky December 5, 2010 at 17:48 #

not very flattering all…

9. 00o00 December 5, 2010 at 18:17 #

best line ever! “she took this look from Couture to Pre-Fall”

• Fashion Critic December 5, 2010 at 18:22 #

hee hee ;)

10. Marvel December 5, 2010 at 22:45 #

I LOVED the look on the stage as it was her returning back to her best but when you compare it to how amazing it looked on the runway, it does fall flat.

I still kinda like the look though

11. fashion-mommy December 6, 2010 at 00:08 #

I think it was a bad dress all round. On the catwalk it looks a little bit like origami, but Cheryl just looks like a badly wrapped christmas present. She has been so disappointing this season.