03.12.10

Zoe Saldana In Burberry Prorsum – 2010 Beat The Odds Awards

It’s been a while since we last saw Zoe Saldana on the red carpet, but she was out last night to support the Children’s Defense Fund California’s 20th Annual Beat The Odds Awards at the Beverly Hills Hotel in LA.

The “Avatar” actress is usually styled to perfection, but I can’t quite get excited about this look.

She looks beautiful as always but her midnight blue Burberry Prorsum t-shirt dress with cascading ruffles looks like something I would expect to see on one of the cast of ’90210′.

This dress doesn’t quite fit the ‘Zoe – A List star’ mold.

I would’ve loved it had she worn something from the Spring 2011 collections of Nina Ricci or Proenza Schouler.

Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps completed her look.

Maybe I’m not able to be objective about this look because I expect to be wowed by Zoe every time she hits the red carpet, so I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Credit: Getty

Celebrities Love…Gucci ’1973′ Bag

Celebrities Love…Gucci ’1973′ Bag

Moon Chae Won In Miu Miu - "It's Okay, Daddy's Girl" Press Conference

Moon Chae Won In Miu Miu – “It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl” Press Conference

20 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Burberry Prorsum – 2010 Beat The Odds Awards

1. dee December 3, 2010 at 15:05 #

Not bad but I the top portion of the dress doesn’t look right. Something is off.

• Fashion Critic December 3, 2010 at 15:06 #

Yes. I just can’t put my finger on it.

• mol December 3, 2010 at 15:15 #

I agree, the top is strangely designed along the sides or perhaps it’s just the fit – it’s hard to see exactly how it is supposed to work…….

• Vidhya December 3, 2010 at 17:00 #

i think i get it.. the ruffles dont go all round or even to her sides.. its like a waterfall from the twins.. it should have gone round a bit.. and sheer sleeves ought to be banned.. ugh

• Catriona December 3, 2010 at 16:24 #

The sleeves perhaps?

I think the lighting doesn’t help – it makes it look darker and pretty dull.

2. Alina December 3, 2010 at 15:07 #

I think it’s stylish but there’s no wow factor.

• Fashion Critic December 3, 2010 at 15:10 #

I’m nodding in agreement

• mm December 3, 2010 at 15:48 #

Me too

3. Rachel December 3, 2010 at 15:30 #

She can do a lot better! From the dress, to the shoes, to the earrings. And she knows it! Look at her face! She is not happy with this look!

4. Hisadora December 3, 2010 at 15:34 #

I think she looks event appropriate without looking too boring you know… She looks beautiful here.

5. mochababe73 December 3, 2010 at 15:36 #

The bust should have gone straight across instead of those odd little peaks. The plunge could have stayed. Also, the dress doesn’t seem to be fitted enough from the waist up.

6. Ethne Blist December 3, 2010 at 15:39 #

She probably wanted to be low-key. Celebs often go for black to be ‘low-key’.

7. Brooke December 3, 2010 at 16:03 #

I think it’s laudable that she’s selling me anything with illusion netting to begin with – normally I right hate the stuff. I do really like the cascade of ruffles/pleats down the front and think this is a beautiful low-key look for her, but I’m biased as well – for me she can do no wrong; such a beauty and worthy heir to Thandie Newton. :)

8. Hannah December 3, 2010 at 16:10 #

ZOE! I have missed her SO much. I will not say i am disappointed, but I am awaiting her next red carpet appearance.
    I really like the dress on her, I prefer her in colours, She hasn;t go tthe wow factor in this dress. She needed to pull her bangs back, add some jewells and burn her black pumps.Hopefully next time will be better, and soon!
    IMO the off thign abou tthis dress is that it looks like it needs pulling up slightly, the skirt should be slightly shorter (with so many ruffles) and the pose is too meek for it.

9. Rebecca December 3, 2010 at 16:29 #

I think it would look better in better lighting. I also thiknk part of the problem with this dress is the length of the sleeves and those bands at the bottom of the sleeves–they really detract from the game the bodice angle is playing with your eyes-too much is going on up there.

10. robbie December 3, 2010 at 16:34 #

its nice but nothing special. would have loved it more if the whole top part was sheer with the ruffles coming down.

11. Carolina Roq December 3, 2010 at 17:51 #

What’s wrong with her face?

12. Marvel December 3, 2010 at 23:49 #

SImple but boring for her. Judging by her expression I think she agrees with us

13. CreoleLady December 4, 2010 at 09:10 #

Not bad. My concern are those pumps. One of the key ingredients of her fabulous run promoting Star Trek in particular were the incredible lustworthy heels she wore. Even when she wore the simplest dress, those shoes literally elevated the look (I still dream about some of them, pitiful, shoes are totally a weakness for me). So I definitely hope black pumps will not become a staple for Zoe.

14. Sophia December 6, 2010 at 15:57 #

She looked nice but in my opinion she can do better than that. I don’t hate it but I think it’s not her best look…