01.12.10

Carrie Underwood In Jenny Packham – CMT Artists of the Year

It’s been a while since we saw Carrie Underwood sparkle on the red carpet, but she did so at the CMT Artists of the Year event which was held in Franklin, Tennessee last night.

The singer who doesn’t go for the heavily embellished looks so much these days, wore a beautiful Jenny Packham navy blue silk wrap kimono dress with crystal embellishments.

I love the dress, it’s the perfect look for this type of event.

Her look was totally faultless as she picked the most amazing accessories.

I love her Rene Caovilla multi coloured Swarovski crystal clutch and her silver Stuart Weitzman t-strap sandals.

She completed her look with Carla Amorim jewels.

Credit: Getty

A Look Inside Tom Ford's Spring 2011 Presentation

A Look Inside Tom Ford’s Spring 2011 Presentation

Ksenia Solo In Romona Keveza – “Black Swan” New York Premiere

Ksenia Solo In Romona Keveza – “Black Swan” New York Premiere

18 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Jenny Packham – CMT Artists of the Year

1. ber December 1, 2010 at 19:02 #

With such a high neckline, I wish she had worn her hair up.

• Moxie December 1, 2010 at 19:42 #

I was thinking the same thing.

• klara December 2, 2010 at 10:25 #

ha ha me too, my first thought :)
        but she looks good, and its a nice choice ;)

• Weber December 2, 2010 at 18:13 #

hahaha, I thought the same thing…
          an updo would be better…

PS: I’m really surprised she’s wearing Carla Amorim, one of the most talented Brazilian jewelry designers :)

2. Dani December 1, 2010 at 19:05 #

Ahhh! I love it! BDOTW… or at least until you post a picture of the next person :P

3. Gretta December 1, 2010 at 19:06 #

She looks gorgeous but surely there must be some way of sitting in a limo without creasing your dress! I mean there’s no excuse really, there’s plenty of leg room.

4. Tania December 1, 2010 at 19:38 #

I want the dress, shoes and clutch, I love everything gorgeous!

5. Ev December 1, 2010 at 20:13 #

I cant put my finger on something specific, but it feels so wrong to me. The shape of the dress (or lack of it), the styling or something else – I don’t know but I’m not buying this. And I know, it’s Carrie and her love for embelishments, but sparkling dress, sparkling clutch AND sparkling shoes that don’t even match each other – that is just too much for my taste.

6. Ethne Blist December 1, 2010 at 20:31 #

BDOTW worthy. I can’t stand country singers, but I love this look. Totally BDOTW worthy. Sparkle at it’s best (did you hear that Taylor Swift?).

7. Laura December 1, 2010 at 20:33 #

I don’t know. Something’s not right to me. Maybe it’s how loose the top of the dress is. The look just isn’t quite right to me. The blue’s a great color for Carrie though.

8. dee December 1, 2010 at 21:08 #

Another BDOTW candidate. Love it.

9. molly December 1, 2010 at 22:42 #

How the hell does she look like shes going to prom even in my mothers nightgown?!.
    I swear, she has this bad thing about her where she cheapens every look she has.
    I have yet to see her look age approperate.

I might have liked this if she wore her hair up, and lost the sleves. That could have been a game changer.

10. mochababe73 December 1, 2010 at 23:04 #

I like the dress, but it seems like it’s too big. I love her hair, make-up, clutch, and shoes, but the dress is a complete miss.

11. Marvel December 1, 2010 at 23:44 #

Can I have the name of her hairdresser please??

Love the look from her considering how sparkly her clothes used to be

12. moja31 December 2, 2010 at 00:26 #

this doesn’t work for me at all, it’s a great color on her and i like the dress, but it would be better suited to someone else. plus those shoes make her feet look absolutely enormous.

13. Linda December 2, 2010 at 01:20 #

The shoes are great. Hair up and a different clutch maybe? I think it could be great if styled better.

14. Rebecca December 2, 2010 at 01:22 #

I agree with you FC, it is an interesting choice and she pulls it off. Don’t think they can lie down flat in the limo to avoid the wrinkles (think of what the back would look like!) but there must be something that can be done about these creases–they do affect the presentation.

15. Bailey October 7, 2014 at 17:40 #

I love a long sleeve, mini dress..and Carrie’s version with the embellishments is beautiful