Blake Lively In Prabal Gurung – 2010 Footwear News Achievement Awards

Those of you with Spring 2011 fatigue will be happy to see Blake Lively attending the 24th Annual Footwear News Achievement Awards at The Museum of Modern Art in New York City last night wearing a Fall 2010 dress.

Her bottle green draped viscose gazar dress with sculpted voluminous sleeves and a black belt was designed by Prabal Gurung.

Blake has been just as experimental on the red carpet as Leighton Meester, but Blake hasn’t been as successful in your eyes.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress completed her look with a ponytail, large hoop earrings and Christian Louboutin sheer glitter ankle boots.

I love everything about this look excluding her heels.

Not because they are ankle boots – because the ankle boots work really well on the model.

I don’t really like the style of these heels. They are just not to my taste.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior - "Black Swan" New York Premiere

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior – “Black Swan” New York Premiere

Halle Berry In Balmain - "Frankie and Alice" LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Balmain – “Frankie and Alice” LA Premiere

33 Responses to Blake Lively In Prabal Gurung – 2010 Footwear News Achievement Awards

1. Hisadora December 1, 2010 at 14:14 #

I really like the ankle boots here. I think they work well with her dress!!! Better these than black pumps right?

• Fashion Critic December 1, 2010 at 14:14 #

2. robbie December 1, 2010 at 14:21 #

the shoes would have looked nicer if they didnt have the black part on the top. the dress is quite cute.

3. Dorian Gray December 1, 2010 at 14:23 #

Lovely Brake. I missed her in short :-)

4. manja December 1, 2010 at 14:26 #

I like it a lot,she looks great,makeup,hair,dresss and shoes,everything.and I want that dress in my life asap

5. Nikki December 1, 2010 at 14:30 #

I think this look is so so. Nothing exciting but not boring either. Blake loves showing off her legs…and she should! She has great stems. Not a fan of the boots and her large hoop earrings.

• Ethne Blist December 1, 2010 at 15:37 #

A little trashy in my opinion. Black strappy heels- not any sort of boots would work.

6. misschatty December 1, 2010 at 14:35 #

I’m getting tired of the ponytail but luckily it works with this look.

I also think the boots are interesting. There are many nicer pairs but it aint too bad.

I think they were one of the 40 pair she just bought recently? LOL

Overall, a good look for Blake. The past few appearances have been “meh” so I’m glad she chose a more interesting look. Legs only makes me happy

7. b December 1, 2010 at 14:40 #

i like…………shoes inclusive

8. Lara December 1, 2010 at 14:49 #

cute, refreshing look.
    but, yes, not the best shoes

9. Moxie December 1, 2010 at 15:04 #

Love everything… including the shoes.

10. Anissa December 1, 2010 at 15:04 #

Wow this is the best she’s looked in a long time. Still needs to work on the hair though. There’s nothing wrong w/ a polished do.

11. Methedrine December 1, 2010 at 15:06 #

As always I love her look especially the color of her dress!

12. Brooke December 1, 2010 at 15:33 #

She looks beautiful in this frock; it’s a great color and cut for her. But I wish I could teach her how to accessorize! I really dislike the shoes.

13. dee December 1, 2010 at 15:35 #

I like everything. I like her shoes better than the model’s. Thank God they aren’t boring, black pumps.

14. fashion-mommy December 1, 2010 at 15:41 #

i actually rate Blake’s style far sbove the too experimental Leighton, and I really love this dress. Bottle green is such an underated colour!

15. mol December 1, 2010 at 15:44 #

I love this dress – the color, the fabric, the style, everything, and Blake is the perfect girl to wear it…..the heels are fine for me too……

16. Luiza December 1, 2010 at 15:48 #

I really like it and I’m not usually a big fan of Blake’s looks!

• KateS December 2, 2010 at 04:18 #

Me too – this look brings together lots of things I don’t usually like about her style (too much leg, boob, ratty hair, shiny fabrics etc) but really works on her.

17. Emma December 1, 2010 at 15:55 #

Not exciting at all. But an OK look.

Has anyone else noticed that Blake often chooses designers just after Leighton Meester has worn something by that designer.

18. Laura December 1, 2010 at 16:17 #

This color of green is great on Blake. A great choice for her. The shoes look like they came direct from Nashville, Tennessee.

19. Alice[*] December 1, 2010 at 16:29 #

She’s really cute.The dress colour matches her eyes.

• Fiona December 1, 2010 at 23:08 #

Ditto!! I love the colour and style of the dress, and I’m sure she realised that the colour was great on her. Not keen on the shoes though, so many to choose and she goes with those ones!!

20. Ev December 1, 2010 at 16:54 #

wow. This is the first time in a long while when I can say I actually like what Blake is wearing. I would prefer another hairstyle, not as messy as this one, but overall it doesn’t distract me that much. And I love the shoes. Oh well, I’m a sucker for interesting ankle boots.

21. Kathy December 1, 2010 at 17:20 #

I didn’t like the shoes either!

22. rita December 1, 2010 at 18:08 #

I might be the only one but I remember her being A LOT curvier. She has lost so much weight. Damn it!

23. Hannah December 1, 2010 at 18:25 #

I like the dress but that is it. IMO she can esily pick great clothes out for herself, this dress i sno exception, it brings out the green in her eyes beautifully, but it just all wrong. the hoops and the hair and the boots. None of that goes together, let alone with the dress. Disappointed.

24. advo December 1, 2010 at 19:45 #

She looks amazing in the Prabal Gurung dress. I really do think Blake is an utterly bland person, but this is a great look! (Aside from those hideous booties – ironic, considering the event.) Kudos, Blake.

25. Marvel December 1, 2010 at 23:36 #

The dress is not particularly flattering.

I do hope she gets her mojo back

26. Linda December 2, 2010 at 01:27 #

Oh, I love this! The shoes work really well with the dress and Blake looks absolutely fresh and lovely. I like her styles on the red carpet a lot better than L. Meester’s.

27. mochababe73 December 2, 2010 at 03:25 #

I am not a fan of the sleeves, but she looks good in the dress. The shoes are not so bad.
    I hate the earrings. You can swing birds from those things.

28. Emi December 2, 2010 at 10:12 #

Even if I like Prabal Gurung this look is without praise or blame. I like the ankle boots but they’re not right for this dress. I’m not a fan of loop earrings but I must admit that she looks cute, here, and fresh. I really envy her 40 pairs of Louboutin shoes, maybe 35, since she told that she bought some pairs for sisters and friends.

29. gossip_bangkok December 2, 2010 at 15:37 #

The dress was alright. Those boots were not good with the dress. They simply looked strange.