01.12.10

A Look Inside Tom Ford’s Spring 2011 Presentation

After what feels like years of anticipation, we finally get our first official look inside Tom Ford’s exclusive Spring 2011 presentation, which took place during New York Fashion Week in September.

The collection was showcased to a very select crowd which of course included Anna Wintour.

The pictures which were shot by Terry Richardson – the only photographer allowed to shoot the event – are featured inside the January 2011 issue of Harper’s Bazaar UK .

Actresses, socialites, models and singers who Tom Ford said inspired him to create this collection walked the runway.

They included Beyonce Knowles, Daphne Guinness, Stella Tennant, Marisa Berenson, Rachel Feinstein, Lauren Hutton, Liya Kebede, and Joan Smalls who all beautifully showcase his designs.

The next question is who will be the first to wear the collection on the red carpet?

Although I’m not sure a lot of the pieces suit her style, I’m going to go with Julianne Moore.

She wore a Tom Ford dress and tuxedo during the 2009 Venice Film Festival and they are firm friends.

Who do you see wearing this collection?

[nggallery id=689]

Credit: Terry Richardson for Harper’s Bazaar Uk

Mila Kunis In Elie Saab – “Black Swan” New York Premiere

Mila Kunis In Elie Saab – “Black Swan” New York Premiere

Carrie Underwood In Jenny Packham - CMT Artists of the Year

Carrie Underwood In Jenny Packham – CMT Artists of the Year

20 Responses to A Look Inside Tom Ford’s Spring 2011 Presentation

1. robbie December 1, 2010 at 18:10 #

tacky, cheap and ugly! although the white suit is the only good looking thing.

2. Jennesia December 1, 2010 at 18:11 #

LOLZ…Beyonce looks like a drag queen…i’m sorry but….NO! My fave is Liya she looks amazing! her skin glows and she makes me want her dress and those earrings are fierce!

• klara December 2, 2010 at 10:25 #

ha ha i really had to laugh when i read this :D but honestly you are right!!!

3. Manja December 1, 2010 at 18:35 #

not impressed i must say,nothing is really striking me as spcial or original,it seems like he took diff looks from diff designers,and made “his” collection.but that’s only me,he probably will sell this well to the “very select crowd”.

4. mm December 1, 2010 at 18:35 #

I love Tom Ford, so sexy.
    Who ever wears it first i hope they make me love it. As for now, i dont like this collection. It is all so disco ugly. The styling of everyone just makes it worse. Terry Richardson photo tend to be very raunchy.

5. Brooke December 1, 2010 at 18:41 #

Can I just say how disappointed I have been in Tom Ford’s eponymous collections, from eyewear to this mess? After all those YEARS of promise with YSL and Gucci, bringing both brands back from the verge of extinction and creating oodles of covetable goods, this is all we get? :(

6. Leska December 1, 2010 at 18:55 #

I want the blue dress (in 4º photo). I love the golden TF in the floor.

7. Mario December 1, 2010 at 19:01 #

Few weeks ago Tom Ford said that he won’t be lending any of his clothes to a celebrity until the big event – The Oscars.
    He also mentioned that whoever is nominated for an award is in the “game”, and he will choose that one lucky actress to wear his dress.
    Honestly, after seeing so many gorgeous red carpet looks during Spring 2011 presentations and the yet to come Spring Couture, if I were nominated for an Oscar I wouldn’t wear his dress even if he offered me money!
    Just sayin’ ;)

• Fashion Critic December 1, 2010 at 19:33 #

I totally agree with you.

None of these are Oscar worthy

• Hannah December 1, 2010 at 19:39 #

Completely,he is overrated, I tihnk he was MUCH better when he was back at gucci and YSL (and more humble), I think he needs the guidance of a design team, it is so disappointing as I love his menswear.

8. Ev December 1, 2010 at 19:32 #

The styling and these picrures are so distracting, but maybe that was their goal as I don’t see anything special in this collection.

9. Lee Ann December 1, 2010 at 19:56 #

Me thinks Mr Ford has quite lost his touch. Now who is going to be the first to tell him ? Anna over to you.

• mm December 1, 2010 at 20:07 #

LOL!

10. michelle December 1, 2010 at 20:38 #

me no likey either. it screams cavalli to me

11. Matt December 1, 2010 at 20:53 #

Terry Richardson is an awaful photographer, exactly how much flash does he need? They all look awful. Or maybe it’s the collection that’s awfull. Beyonce looks like she’s wearing one of her mother’s “creations”.

Also, wasn’t Victoria Beckham supposed to walk the runway?

• Mario December 1, 2010 at 20:59 #

I would have definitely preferred Posh over Beyonce in that dress. The cast is rather cheesy.

12. Marvel December 1, 2010 at 23:45 #

He certainly has a very big ego, doesnt he.

13. bri December 2, 2010 at 05:23 #

I think the dress Beyonce is wearing is beautiful look at that detail. And the boots are also fabulous. But I do agree this collection is a bit..boring

14. lucinda December 2, 2010 at 12:18 #

i wish the dresses had lived up to the high expectations, but i can’t find anything here to get excited about!

15. mikeijames December 3, 2010 at 14:13 #

if i had money to bet, i’d go with anne hathaway since she’s hosting the oscars and will have many different outfits throughout the night (and her stylist, rachel zoe, is a huge tom ford aficionado). but barring her, i’d bet one of those blue numbers lands on nicole kidman or gwyneth paltrow — both avid fans of tom ford’s work over the years — definitely rita wilson who will attend with her husband and i wouldn’t rule out someone unexpected like blake lively or elle fanning or annette benning (who would look fab in a menswear inspired look) donning something unconventional for the awards.