Julianne Moore In Lanvin – 2010 Gotham Independent Film Awards

Julianne Moore kept warm wearing tights on the red carpet at the 2010 Gotham Independent Film Awards in New York City last night.

Whilst Natalie Portman opted for a Lanvin for H&M dress, Julianne wore a Lanvin Spring 2011 dress straight off the runway.

She modified the look by not wearing the printed pants as worn by the model plus she shortened the skirt.

I personally feel the look is far superior on the runway.

I not only prefer the look with printed pants, but I also loved the belt and shoes.

Julianne accessorized her look with a Bulgari clutch and black Christian Louboutin Larissa platform sandals.

Did Julianne upgrade or downgrade this look?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anne Hathaway In Dolce & Gabbana - 2010 Gotham Independent Film Awards

Anne Hathaway In Dolce & Gabbana – 2010 Gotham Independent Film Awards

Mila Kunis In Oscar de la Renta - 2010 Gotham Independent Film Awards

Mila Kunis In Oscar de la Renta – 2010 Gotham Independent Film Awards

14 Responses to Julianne Moore In Lanvin – 2010 Gotham Independent Film Awards

1. mol November 30, 2010 at 18:17 #

It’s a definite downgrade for me – the modification looks terrible, nothing pleasing at all, such a dark moody print need the longer version of the runway to fully present its drama (IMO).

• mm November 30, 2010 at 18:35 #

I agree. Not sure she could be as fierce as those ladies on the runway either.

2. From Russia With Love November 30, 2010 at 18:22 #

I still love the print. It’s BDOTW for me but honestly Julianne can do so much better!

3. Lee Ann November 30, 2010 at 18:22 #

She looks like she is wearing the type of gowns that are given out out the hairdressers. In fact she looks like one of the ladies wearing the gown you do before you get your hair washed and cut.

• Ethne Blist November 30, 2010 at 18:56 #

Haha. You are right. But I like Julianne’s version. It would have looked wonderful if she did NOT wear the tights! Show off some leg! I don’t like the neck tie thing.

• Gigi November 30, 2010 at 19:07 #

OMG you are so right. She has a very particular (peculiar) style… she could do so much better… if she’s going for a hippie look, she needs to try harder. So sad.

4. Rachel November 30, 2010 at 19:52 #

Downgrade.

5. Marvel December 1, 2010 at 00:16 #

Prefer it on Julia. Dont like the matching pants plus I kinda like the look with the tights.

A win for me

6. mochababe73 December 1, 2010 at 02:16 #

I think if she had worn those shoes with bare legs that it would have looked much better. Also, I am not crazy about the hair.
    I don’t like the pant son the runway. Too matchy-matchy.

7. Rach December 1, 2010 at 03:47 #

I actually quite like this (then again, I do have an aversion to trousers…!). I think it suits Julianne’s style nicely and the print really complements her colouring.

8. mikeijames December 1, 2010 at 07:15 #

poor julianne. GOD BLESS her for taking all of these risks, but in her modifications, she somehow lost some of the elegance the ensemble displayed on runway.

she looks like she’s hosting a cocktail party here. in seattle.

9. Emi December 1, 2010 at 09:32 #

I quite like her, but it’s not an interesting look. i don’t particularly like the print, maybe the yellow print would have been better. Don’t get me wrong but Julianne Moore is 50 and I think that the skirt is too short. FC, I know that you consider it a pet peeve but I do like black tights!

10. jill (polkadot23) December 1, 2010 at 11:01 #

I agree with Marvel. And like Emi said I know you don’t like black tights but I do. I don’t see why in winter in NYC someone has to wear bare legs. And as for her being 50 – well that’s not her fault . Anyone will get to 50 if they live long enough, and I think she looks great. For her age, or any age.

Actually come to think of it.. I’m not really loving the runway look. It looks good on the model but I defy any civilian to style it exactly how it is on the runway – with her short hair – and not look a dreadful fright.

11. Thaysa December 1, 2010 at 13:57 #