X Factor: Sunday Week 8 – Cheryl Cole In Gianfranco Ferré

So Cheryl Cole, do we have to fall out before you start wearing clothes I like?

Tonight on the X Factor Cheryl wore one of my favourite looks from Gianfranco Ferré’s Fall 2010 collection.

The elegant gold gown carries on the golden girl theme from Saturday nights show.

Her shimmering jersey gown with a beaded bodice and front panel was absolutely gorgeous.

This now becomes my favourite look from her this season.

It looks better on Cheryl than it does on the model as it’s more fitted around Cheryl’s waist.

She’s really had a great weekend style-wise. Let’s pray she keeps it up.

Brown suede Christian Louboutin heels and di Grisogono jewels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Irina Shayk In Azzedine Alaia - Extra

Irina Shayk In Azzedine Alaia – Extra

Who Wore Chanel Better? Liv Tyler or Chloe Sevigny

Who Wore Chanel Better? Liv Tyler or Chloe Sevigny

26 Responses to X Factor: Sunday Week 8 – Cheryl Cole In Gianfranco Ferré

1. sonia November 28, 2010 at 21:27 #

a really nice dress, and I agree it looks better on her! I can’t even imagine how much its costs, shame not having all that money ;-)

2. Badaboum November 28, 2010 at 21:29 #

I am now pretty sure she reads your blog…

• Fashion Critic November 28, 2010 at 21:31 #

LOL…I was thinking the same thing ;)

3. Elaine November 28, 2010 at 21:33 #

lol @ the falling out!!
    fab look from her, and by far the best sat and sunday looks from her all series.
    Its as if the new hairstyle has given her a new lease of life!
    thank god the horrible brash red wag-extensions hair is gone!!

• Fashion Critic November 28, 2010 at 21:49 #

I think you are right re the hair

4. Mario November 28, 2010 at 21:45 #

I think you should have a section “Let’s choose a dress for Cheryl”
    That way she’d start dressing perfect again :D

• Badaboum November 28, 2010 at 22:46 #

Hey, I think that’s a brillant idea! Actually, I think a better idea would be for FC to work as a personal stylist for Cheryl!

5. fashion-mommy November 28, 2010 at 21:57 #

I really like this look from Cheryl – full length and fabulous. Hope she keeps up the good work.

6. nicole November 28, 2010 at 22:03 #

i like it but i wish she would were something that is not shimmering for once.

• asherlev November 29, 2010 at 07:13 #

Omg, that’s exactly what I’ve been thinking! It’s not that I don’t like what she’s putting out there, it’s that it’ all starting to feel like the same look over and over again – and not all of them were done that well..

• jennyw November 29, 2010 at 13:38 #

i completely agree. i actually skipped past this post at first cause i assumed it was one that i’d already read! it was only once i saw dannii’s halston dress that i realised these were new posts! gorgeous dress cheryl, but PLEASE give us something new next week. although i am over the moon her hair has returned to a less wagtastic colour :)

7. mol November 28, 2010 at 22:25 #

I have to comment this time and say that I love Cheryl in this beautiful gown – all’s well that ends well, eh!

8. Marvel November 28, 2010 at 22:28 #

FC I think you and Cheryl should have arguments more often if this is the result ;)

I love this look and I am more closer back to loving her again.

• Fashion Critic November 28, 2010 at 22:29 #

We should lol ;)

9. frommdq November 28, 2010 at 22:47 #

As beautiful as she looks, I prefer the neckline of the dress in the model, cause that way is edgier and new

10. Elly November 28, 2010 at 22:56 #

the silouhette is terrible, the shape from below the bust is terrible, not that bad in this photo but awful in others.
    Otherwise I might have liked this dress.
    So easily solved with a good pair of Spanx too, shame..

11. Hannah November 28, 2010 at 23:11 #

She does look beautiful, but there ae a few little things that throw this off, unfortunately gold bodycon dresses are not forgiving, qeuins and embellishments or not.
    She needs serious support on her bust area, she needed some spanx to smooth out from right unde rher bust to her mid thighs, the sleeves needed to be straighter, he earrings less small and round, more long and elegant, less makeup (she is beautiful and can do without SO much), slightly sleeker hair, and fancier shoes. All in all she looks beautiful and this is a jump in the right direction.

• Gaber November 29, 2010 at 15:34 #

The boobs bug me insanely.
      Everything else I can manage with, but the boobs can not be forgiven.

12. KateS November 28, 2010 at 23:16 #

It seems a bit garish for a tv show, but it’s still a huge improvement. I can’t believe what a massive difference the change in hair colour has made to her overall presentation.

13. karen November 29, 2010 at 06:56 #

This is a vast improvement from the other weeks but somehow this dress doesn’t look right to me. The bust area is not flattering because I doubt her boobs are this saggy and the tummy/waist area is too lumpy and bumpy. Cheryl is a beautiful girl and although I love the gold dress, I don’t think it fits right on her.

14. 2c November 29, 2010 at 08:25 #

did anyone see the lady who phoned in itv2 to ask cheryl a question…was pretty funny!

also I hope she has left the chavvy style shes been sporting for at least the end of the season !

15. Emi November 29, 2010 at 10:11 #

The dress is gorgeous, she looks fabulous but she can do something better about her hairstyle.

16. Amanda November 29, 2010 at 17:35 #

She is trying to buy back your love by dressing well =:-)

• Fashion Critic November 29, 2010 at 17:48 #

if that’s the case she has a long way to go ;)

17. mochababe73 November 30, 2010 at 01:32 #

I don’t like the dress even though she looks good in it.
    I am not a fan of the mix of jersey and beading.

18. Jesse November 30, 2010 at 21:10 #

Apparently she decided to up her game because Nicole Scherzinger was present that week.

It’s no Atelier Versace but ah, it’s alright.