X Factor: Saturday Week 8 – Cheryl Cole In Emilio Pucci

I haven’t changed my mind with regards how I feel about Cheryl Cole from last week, but will always give credit where it is due.

On last nights X Factor she looked the best she’s ever looked all season.

It not quite in the realm of the Atelier Versace and Stéphane Rolland looks she spoilt us with last season, but it’s a step up from the boring samey, unflattering and uninspired looks she’s given us over the past few weeks.

She stepped onto the stage wearing an Emilio Pucci Fall 2010 dress which we’ve seen a hundred times before – well actually 4 times before. Twice in gold and one a piece in black and white.

The one-sleeved gold sequined mini dress really dazzled under the studio lights.

I was also very impressed with her new cut and colour.

That brazen hussy red colour has been replaced by a more demure chestnut colour and the WAG-eqse extensions had been replaced by a shorter classier ‘do which probably had some tracks for body.

Overall this was 10 out of 10 on all fronts from me. It took her 8 weeks, but she finally got there.

If you’ve been wondering why Cheryl always salutes when she’s introduced to the audience, it’s because she mimicking Simon as that’s what he did during ‘American Idol’.

Credit: Style.com & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto - 'Gentleman's Wager' London Screening

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto – ‘Gentleman’s Wager’ London Screening

X Factor: Sunday Week 8 – Dannii Minogue In Halston

X Factor: Sunday Week 8 – Dannii Minogue In Halston

15 Responses to X Factor: Saturday Week 8 – Cheryl Cole In Emilio Pucci

1. Marvel November 28, 2010 at 12:37 #

I LOVE this look from her. Im still a bit iffy with regards to her but I must admit that this look has slightly made me gone back to liking her again.

Im so glad she replaced her bottle red hair with this shade as it much suits her.

I always though Cheryl did the salute to her fans who call themselves ‘Cheryl’s Soldiers’ – from Fight for this Love.

2. anne November 28, 2010 at 13:39 #

She always reacts so fast to criticism. Just like last year when she got rid of the extensions after the L’Oreal commercial, this year she goes back to the look that made her famous plus she seemed more demure. Altough it’s a nice look for her, it’s safe to say Danni won again.

3. sara November 28, 2010 at 15:13 #

wowww at last she has removed those extensions and the tacky color hair!!!!!i love her pucci she’s very very beautiful here…altought, she’d be better without the tights or the shine in her legs i don’t know.

4. Lucy Diamond November 28, 2010 at 15:56 #

Another item pulled from the figure skating wardrobe…

• KateS November 28, 2010 at 23:18 #

lol about the figure skating wardrobe – but at least it’s a fairly pretty figure skating outfit this time.

5. Badaboum November 28, 2010 at 16:21 #

Love the whole look! However, I really liked the red hair but I hated the extensions. I’m glad she finally removed them.

6. DC November 28, 2010 at 16:44 #

much better chezza…and lovin those fierce shoes…i think they were championed ‘the sexiest shoe of the year’…good work stylists….

7. Ethne Blist November 28, 2010 at 17:07 #

I truly hope Cheryl Cole gets herself together. You were so right, Fashion Critic, that Cheryl needs to get over herself and that what Wagner said was true.

8. Lee Ann November 28, 2010 at 19:30 #

I thought she looked stunning- my only complaint are the shoes they are too beauty pageant . Shoes like they ones on the runway toughen up the look and are far more fitting for her age.

9. Hannah November 28, 2010 at 23:06 #

I adore her new hair, adn this dress is such an improvement, I hope she continues like this, but she has some real catching up to do before she beats danii.

10. fashion-mommy November 29, 2010 at 01:00 #

this is more like the cheryl we loved in previous series, and her hair is more glossy and groomed. I really like this outfit. a+

11. Ayesha November 29, 2010 at 06:29 #

GOD! I’ll have to admit it’s mind blowing AWESOME!

12. karen November 29, 2010 at 07:03 #

Cheryl looks great in this dress….maybe even better than the other 4 ladies? But I’m not loving the boring shoes. FC I’ve watched American Idol throughout the
    years and cannot recall Simon ever saluting.

13. Thaysa November 29, 2010 at 14:04 #

I love this dress!!! She looks amazing!

14. Jesse November 30, 2010 at 21:13 #

Blah, short dress heels combo. Kylie wore it better. And Emma Roberts. How did she make this dress boring?