Rihanna For Interview Magazine December 2010

Rihanna looks pretty hot on the cover of Interview Magazine’s December 2010 issue which was shot by Mikael Jansson.

Her editorial wasn’t a crazy as I imagined.

We see Rihanna wearing Lanvin, Valentino, Miu Miu and Chanel’s Spring 2011 feathered dress.

The singer was interviewed by label mate and friend Kanye West, who needs to brush up on his ridiculous interview questions.

Here are some extracts from their interview:

Kanye: How does it feel to know that you could have any man in the world? Or woman? How does it feel to know that you can turn straight women gay?

Rihanna: Is that a real question?

Kanye: Yeah.

Rihanna: Well … Thank you. I don’t know how to feel about that. I guess that’s flattering.

Kanye: So what inspired you to have that pink tank on your last tour? That was amazing, when you were sitting on top of the army tank.

Rihanna: I love to combine femininity with a kind of extreme masculine egde, and I felt like the tank is just not a typical thing that you think of when you think of a girl — or in any kind of relation to a girl. Then we made it hot pink. We just added that touch.

Kanye: I mean, people really need to see a photograph — the entire tank was pink. That was a great piece of commercial pop art. Was the idea of that to kind of portray an American Dream — like the fantasy of a this hot black girl sitting on a top of a pink tank?

Rihanna: I never actually thought of it like that.

Kanye: How did you get signed?

Rihanna: Well, I met Evan [Rogers] and Carl [Sturken], these two producers who live here in New York. They are both married to Barbadian women, so they go there to vacation all the time. My friend introduced me to them, and I sang for them, and we talked, and they had me and my mom come back a couple of days later. After that, we started traveling to New York, working on a demo. Within a year, it was done, and we sent it out. Def Jam was the first label to call back. We got other calls, but they were the most enthusiastic. It was so nerve-wracking, though, the whole experience.

Kanye: Why?

Rihanna: I mean, I was 16. From Barbados. Like, you would never … the chances of ever meeting somebody famous or ever being signed — that was just a deadly combination. Like, I had to meet Jay-Z and audition for him at the same time.

Kanye: Do you know any famous people now?

Rihanna: Huh?

Credit: NYmag.com & Ultimate Rihanna

Best Dressed Of The Week - Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior & Jada Pinkett-Smith In Stella McCartney

Best Dressed Of The Week – Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior & Jada Pinkett-Smith In Stella McCartney

Dannii Minogue For Marie Claire UK January 2011

Dannii Minogue For Marie Claire UK January 2011

23 Responses to Rihanna For Interview Magazine December 2010

1. Hisadora November 25, 2010 at 16:18 #

Rihanna is just fabulous!!! Kanye West is ridiculous. What are those questions? oh please.

2. adrien November 25, 2010 at 16:18 #

The editorial is okay but the cover…. shes looks amazing! And this (ose) earing(s)… piece of art!

3. klara November 25, 2010 at 16:20 #

i like most the black/white shots, because there you dont see the red hair :D but all in all i have to say i really the shots and her hair and make up, and the selcetion of the dresses is very well i love all of them ;) but the interview, i mean kanye do really great music but in other ways he is ….. hmm lets say special :D

• Linda November 25, 2010 at 20:55 #

That’s a very diplomatic way to put it – he he.

I like the pics, didn’t realize she had such long legs.

4. robbie November 25, 2010 at 16:21 #

i wonder how kanye would react if someone asked him questions like that, i know he is trying to be funny and not as twatlike as usual but he fails!

she looks good though.

5. Carolina November 25, 2010 at 16:25 #

I loved everything (pictures and cover). Beautiful!

6. mm November 25, 2010 at 16:37 #

Love the cover and the Miu Miu shot.

AS for the interview with Kanye’s ego, at least we learned something about Rihanna.

7. Rachel November 25, 2010 at 16:44 #

The cover is outstanding!

8. Manja November 25, 2010 at 16:52 #

great editorial,she looks amazing in all pictures,and selection of clothes is just spot on.KW is beyond ridiculous.

9. Manja November 25, 2010 at 16:55 #

favorite isChanel, abs stunning,the dress,the jewelery,make up,all of it

10. ude November 25, 2010 at 18:03 #

she looks beyond in the photo’s but that interview is just stupid
    “have you met anyone famous?” really?!?

11. T. November 25, 2010 at 19:13 #

OMG!! No words needed…

12. Sobia November 25, 2010 at 19:23 #

hahah Kanye is such an idiot!

13. Regina November 25, 2010 at 19:54 #

Photoshopped within an inch of her life, especially her legs. If even Rihanna gets the Photoshop treatment…

14. Victor November 25, 2010 at 20:10 #

She looks HOT!

15. Mel Mann November 25, 2010 at 21:22 #

mhhh .. i dont know i have not been in love with rihannas style for a very long time. she has lost her touch completely … please bring the real fashionistas bck AKA jessica parker :-) diana kruger. thank you.

16. Hannah November 25, 2010 at 21:45 #

She may look good on the red carpet(sometimes) but she is incredible on photo. She brings a different and unexpected sideto the photoshoot – I most definitely will try to pick it up. Thankyou for posting this, really made my day ;0

17. Marvel November 25, 2010 at 23:33 #

I like the cover but WTF is Kanye’s problem.

I seriously think he is deranged

• Fashion Critic November 26, 2010 at 00:27 #

Me 2

18. J November 26, 2010 at 00:58 #

I already had my suspicions… now they have been confirmed. Kanye West was dropped on his head as a baby. Rihanna looks fierce though. The pic with the red Valentino and the finger is quite cool.

19. Eris November 26, 2010 at 11:50 #

Shame on the person who choose Kanye West to do the interview.

The photoshoot is amazing ! So different from what I would be waiting to see with Rihanna. I love it and the cover is stunning !

20. Emi November 26, 2010 at 11:50 #

The cover is very beautiful, I love the colors, the flowers… I like all the clothes she wears, minus those terrible furs, bleah… Kanye West must be mad, I don’t consider him this great artist, honestly, plus I hate the fact that sometimes he talks about Jesus wearing kilos of jewels, thousands of dead animals. He spends in jewels and furs an amount of money he could feed half Africa. His questions are so stupid and nonsense, also, I’m straight and I’d never turn gay for Rihanna!!! How could a magazine like Interview publish this crap?

21. LizLemoooon November 27, 2010 at 17:49 #

Rihanna looks stunning as usuals and I love the pictures, she’s really versatile.
    The interview is actually funny and typical Kanye humour, his personality comes out a lot in this whereas at least imo Rihanna seems a little slow…