23.11.10 Premiere

Carla Gugino In Georges Chakra Couture – “Faster” LA Premiere

Carla Gugino walked the red carpet in LA last night for the premiere of her new movie, “Faster” which also stars Dwayne Johnson aka “The Rock.”

She shimmered wearing a Georges Chakra Couture dress.

I’m a huge fan of Carla’s style and Georges designs, but this sparkling short silver lame dress with radiating bursts of rhinestones doesn’t quite work for me.

In order for me to like this dress it would have to be modified into a spaghetti strap dress and remove the yoke, but even then I think I may still struggle to like it.

Her hair and make-up are beautiful though.

Silver peep-toes and a matching clutch complete her look.

Credit: Getty

Carla Gugino In Naeem Khan - ‘Hotel Noir’ New York Screening

Carla Gugino In Naeem Khan – ‘Hotel Noir’ New York Screening

Diane Kruger In Chanel - "Pieds Nus Sur Les Limaces" Paris Premiere

Diane Kruger In Chanel – “Pieds Nus Sur Les Limaces” Paris Premiere

21 Responses to Carla Gugino In Georges Chakra Couture – “Faster” LA Premiere

1. Gemma November 23, 2010 at 10:19 #

I feel like I would like this on Katy Perry, in fact HAS Katy Perry worn this?

2. Danika November 23, 2010 at 10:26 #

I think she looks stunning. The dress is a great shape for her figure. I love the whole look… except the shoes.

3. Gaber November 23, 2010 at 10:55 #

The belly area is the issue here.
    Unless she is ACTUALLY pregnant?

• Zephyr November 23, 2010 at 16:51 #

There IS NO ISSUE with her belly. She is stunning. comments like this are why women have eating disorders and never feel good enough. Look in the mirror…I’m positive you’ve got flaws too

• Gaber November 23, 2010 at 18:23 #

Of course I have flaws.
        The difference is that I am not getting paid to sell a product with my looks. In such a situation, there is no excuse to look poorly.

And second of all, the problem isn’t with her belly. I think we all know she has a pretty stunning body. The problem is that the dress fails to show that. It’s just some bad designing and tailoring.

• Kaz November 24, 2010 at 09:33 #

I looooove this and think she looks fantastic.

I’m not sure she’s paid to sell a product with her looks, is she? She’s an actress, not a model! Surely she is selling a product with her reputation, past acting history and PR skills? The looking good part (which she does amazingly, in my opinion) is just the icing on the cake!

• sonia November 23, 2010 at 21:21 #

I totally agree, she looks really nice for me and if she is selling I woluld buy it!!!

4. fashion-mommy November 23, 2010 at 11:04 #

The dress has an art deco feel to it, but I feel it is either too long or too short, amm not keen on that length.

5. J November 23, 2010 at 11:06 #

I think Carla is my absolute girl crush. I think she looks simply fabulous, every time I see her, and this is no exception, I think I could reconsider my husband.

6. Marvel November 23, 2010 at 12:20 #

Normally FC, I always agree with your opinion, but I LOVE Carla here. One of her best looks to date.

7. Alicat November 23, 2010 at 13:00 #

I love it too especially the radiating design. It is different.

• Linda November 23, 2010 at 13:49 #

Yeah, it’s a great look, she looks beautiful.

8. Jones19 November 23, 2010 at 13:34 #

I kinda love this dress. Hate the matchy heels though, they are way too shiny and distract from the dress.

9. Lara November 23, 2010 at 14:22 #

I love this look. In order to be modified into a spaghetti strap, that gorgeous “burst” detail at the bust might be lost, or otherwise compromised. I think this is a case in which a sheer yoke actually works…

10. Cristina November 23, 2010 at 14:26 #

The design of this dress is terrible. That knot motif right over a woman’s belly? Your eye can’t help but go right there. Carla had no hope of looking good when she put on this dress.

• Fiona November 23, 2010 at 14:59 #

I agree – I’d love to see this on the runway as perhaps with an impossibly flat body it looks better, on Carla your eye goes straight to her tummy and not her gorgeous face.

11. dee November 23, 2010 at 14:53 #

I love the dress. I think she looks good in it.

12. klara November 23, 2010 at 15:35 #

she does look great, maybe i would say the shade of the lipstick could have been better, but its my opinion. its the dress that is awkward… maybe the worst of george chakra´s collection… you could modified how much you like, unless it isnt a new one it couldnt get better..

13. Manja November 23, 2010 at 18:26 #

I like the dress and everything about the whole look,and she looks stunning

14. moja31 November 23, 2010 at 23:44 #

i love this just the way it is.

15. D November 24, 2010 at 10:28 #

i love this dress but not those shoes with this dress x