22.11.10

The Rest Of The Looks From The 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet

There were many more looks at the 2010 American Music Awards which took place in LA last night. Most of them I didn’t like.

This Marchesa Fall 2010 lace gown just won’t catch a break. This is its 3rd outing and despite the beauty of it, none of the wearers have done it justice.

The old Hollywood vibe Julianne Hough is giving us doesn’t work for this music event.

Avril Lavigne is stuck in a time warp. She appears to wear the same dress and the same coloured streaks in her hair for every red carpet event.

I think Heidi Klum went too far with our criticism of her always wearing short mini dresses, because this long lace dress feels a bit desperate.

Keri Hilson wore a sexy black textured dress with a draped detail, yet she’s not selling it to me.

Mandy Moore wore a Matthew Williamson Spring 2011 silver sequined floral dress with Jimmy Choo ‘Private’ sandals.

Actress Stana Katic got into the spirit of the event by wearing a sexy silver Oday Shakar Fall 2010 plunging dress with matching metallic pumps and silver clutch.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Fergie In Zuhair Murad - 2010 Amercian Music Awards Press Room

Fergie In Zuhair Murad – 2010 Amercian Music Awards Press Room

16 Responses to The Rest Of The Looks From The 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet

1. Snarky Sharky November 22, 2010 at 12:21 #

Stana looks stunning in this dress

2. Mario November 22, 2010 at 12:54 #

Woah at Stana! Gorg.

3. Jarrold November 22, 2010 at 13:13 #

I think Keri and Stana look good,

4. Gaber November 22, 2010 at 13:15 #

Insane love for Stana!

5. Alicat November 22, 2010 at 13:24 #

The Marchesa lace gown is beautiful but perhaps Julianne Hough is not tall enough to do it justice. It may also need more attitude. Lots of sparkly mini dresses which gets a bit boring, but Stana Katic looks ravishing in hers. Avril Lavigne’s look is tragic. So much makeup makes her look like she has black holes for eyes.

6. Laura November 22, 2010 at 13:36 #

Why didn’t Marion Cotillard wear that Marchesa dress? I think she would’ve worn in beautifully. It’s amazing. Heidi Klum went from a street corner to an abbey in such short time.

Didn’t like Mandy’s dress as the colors seem to clash. Stana’s dress is a little too similar to Jennifer Carpentar’s Emmy dress for me.

7. JJovana3 November 22, 2010 at 14:48 #

Juliene H – meh
    Avril – **smh**
    Heidi – I actually like it. Quite a different look for her.
    Keri – HOT. Great body!
    Mandi M. – who knew girlfriend had such great legs!
    Stana – OMG. She looks unfreaking believable. What a body!

8. dee November 22, 2010 at 15:01 #

The only one I like is Keri Hilson. Everyone else is bleh.

9. Marvel November 22, 2010 at 15:45 #

Mandy M is the best one here. Everyone else is so blah!

10. mol November 22, 2010 at 16:24 #

Ditto on the love for Stana……..

11. Hannah November 22, 2010 at 19:53 #

IMO the jimmy choo private are just beggining to look like wierd tan lines on peoples feet. I ADORE Stana Katic, it isn’t THAT memorable, but she easily looks the best, and seems to have the best attitudethere, the redcarpet seems so meek.
    When refering to Avril beign stuck in a time warp, I believe MTV are too, feel free to correct me, but she has not sung a song in the past few years, and is irrelevant to the current music scene.
    Juliane might not do this gown justice, but sadder for me is when I see it I get a flashback to Courtney Love wearing it. As someone who has had 14 bouts of hiccups today (I am not kidding) I find it shocking that that makes me feel even sicker than I do already.
    May I ask who else wore it?
    I also believe Cheryl Cole wore a similar version in a vogue backstage photo of the brits a few months, maybe a year ago.

• Fashion Critic November 22, 2010 at 20:49 #

eva herzigova

12. Mariana B. Albertini November 22, 2010 at 21:26 #

I actually think that Avril looks really different with this look! i mean.. i don’t know. she looks cute!

13. Anne November 22, 2010 at 23:03 #

For me, I don’t see a huge difference between the style of dress Rihanna wore on the red carpet and Heidi Klum. Both are long, lacy and see-through and I think both look great. However, I liked the Elie Saab gown much better because I think Rihanna has the attitude to pull it off and make it her own, whereas I’m having trouble getting past the halloween-ish belt on Heidi’s dress.

14. Ariel November 25, 2010 at 19:22 #

Did you see Christine Teigen on the red carpet? She looked gorgeous in a blush pink gown. Though Stana looks really good here!

15. From Russia With Love December 5, 2010 at 18:44 #

Too late but still… just read that Avril was wearing Dolce&Gabbana fall 2003 dress. Look 56