Renee Zellweger In Carolina Herrera – CNN Heroes: An All Star Tribute

Renee Zellweger showed her support for the CNN Heroes: An All Star Tribute event in LA this weekend.

I was going to say I was surprised that Renee didn’t modify her Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 fuchsia pink dress, but the modifications are so subtle that I nearly didn’t spot them.

Her dress is asymmetrical rather than off-the-shoulder like the model’s dress plus Renee’s dress is more fitted.

The dress looks great on Renee, I love the colour on her but I feel the runway dress was a bit more unique.

Renee’s version we’ve seen on her a thousand times.

Gold pumps completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Bauer Griffin

Astrid Bergès-Frisbey In Chanel - 'I Origins' New York Screening

Astrid Bergès-Frisbey In Chanel – ‘I Origins’ New York Screening

Emmy Rossum In Lela Rose – CNN Heroes: An All Star Tribute

Emmy Rossum In Lela Rose – CNN Heroes: An All Star Tribute

27 Responses to Renee Zellweger In Carolina Herrera – CNN Heroes: An All Star Tribute

1. Ethne Blist November 22, 2010 at 18:06 #

Good point FC that “Renee’s version we’ve seen on her a thousand times.” The dress is more noticeable on the runway.

• Alina November 22, 2010 at 18:11 #

I agree,but she does look great.

2. JD Wick November 22, 2010 at 18:14 #

There are not degrees of uniqueness, either it is unique or it’s not.

3. Ev November 22, 2010 at 18:25 #

I much prefer the loose fit of the runway dress, but Renee does look great in this color.

• Rebecca November 22, 2010 at 19:29 #

I agree that the runway version is much more interesting–she should have taken that risk.

4. shap_half November 22, 2010 at 18:33 #

It is a look that we’ve seen on her before, but she looks amazing.

5. Lerros November 22, 2010 at 19:01 #

Maybe its the picture or the pose, but i totally disagree with all of you, This is not a good look. Aside from the color (and even that isn’t that great) there is nothing going good there. Satin is never a good idea, and you can see why…the frumps and bumps make her look like she’s pregnant, the dress is a bit too tight in some area, and way loose in other areas (what is this excess gulp at the armhole?) …not a great dress.

• Brooke November 22, 2010 at 19:27 #

Similar comment: Renee needs to learn to GO UP A SIZE. And that unflattering gape at the left armhole is certainly due to her recent acquisition of breast implants. Agreed there’s nothing good happening with this look; it hurts to look at her face and especially her hair.

6. mochababe73 November 22, 2010 at 19:36 #

The dress is too tight.
    I like the color on her. Renee always wears vibrant colors so well.

7. Bethany November 22, 2010 at 19:56 #

Renee’s dress also has front seams where the runway does not. Those seams and the asymetrical neckline definitely take a unique, but obvious Carolina Herrara runway look to a simple sheath. However, I still think she looks great and love that she doesn’t have the “too skinny” look about her in this dress that we’ve seen with her too often.

8. Jones19 November 22, 2010 at 20:02 #

It looks like two seams were added down the front to tighten up the silhouette of the dress. Fail dear Reneé, should have stuck to the runway version.

9. mol November 22, 2010 at 20:15 #

Overall, I really dislike this look on many levels – to pick just one, I dislike the change from the over the shoulder look on the model (her right side) to under the arm placement of Renee…..whereas such a shift worked for Rihanna in her green Elie Saab, it seems wrong here….

10. anne November 22, 2010 at 20:17 #

I added this to my lookbook and it was one of my favourites from that collection. I don’t like what she did with the dress there. The runway version was so cute and sexi at the same time. I hope we get to see a re-run.

11. Cristina November 22, 2010 at 20:32 #

Ahhh. The Evils of Too-Tight Satin. Sigh.
    The color IS great on her though.

12. Naomi November 22, 2010 at 20:48 #

A very sweet look, except the whole stomach area (tight satin = not good), and cutting 10 cm off the hem would’ve been great.

13. dee November 22, 2010 at 21:53 #

She looks okay. not the most flattering dress.

14. Carolina November 22, 2010 at 22:00 #

The dress is so tigh it will explode. She is very thin but the dress makes her look heavier.

15. Alicat November 22, 2010 at 22:56 #

Bridesmaid pink satin is a pet dislike of mine. Satin is such an unforgiving fabric anyway, especially when worn too tightly across the thighs and tummy as is the case here. The runway version could be a different dress and is superior in every way.

16. Marvel November 22, 2010 at 23:23 #

A great dress, just not on her. We’ve seen this ‘look’ on her a thousand times

17. Michelle November 23, 2010 at 00:18 #

Have we ever seen Renee in this colour before? Because I am loving it on her. It complements her pale pink toned skin really well. Now as far as the fabric goes, Satin is nobody’s friend. Not in real life nor on any sort of red carpet where there is high wattage lighting and camera flashes. In agreement that she wears her dresses too tight. She does this with pretty much everything she wears. Her hair actually looks nice here, which can’t be said very often.

18. fashion-mommy November 23, 2010 at 01:41 #

I like the fact that renee knows what suits her, and this shade is great with her pale colouring. On the negative side, it is a little bit tight for the normally svelte Renee, but I love her bit of tum, it;s like Brigit Jones all over again!

19. Jen November 23, 2010 at 02:20 #

Looks like she took her arm out of one sleeve and made it one shouldered to be on trend. It’s way more interesting assymetric and off the shoulder on the model.

20. Eliza November 23, 2010 at 03:11 #

Fitted. Is that the new way to say that her dress is way too tight? You can see the seams pulling in this picture, which isn’t even a close-up. Go up a size or two! Who will know other than you’ll look like yo fit the dress.

Making the dress form fitting takes away from the style. it’s supposed to be loose and flowing, not sausage casing.

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2010 at 06:51 #

This dress would’ve been custom made for her.

21. pam November 23, 2010 at 03:37 #

Aside from the color and the bow, they really aren’t all that much alike. The runway version is my favorite. I like the band above the bust and the loose fit much more than the big panel down the front of Rene’s dress. I didn’t think it was possible, but I actually think this dress makes her look lumpy.

22. karen November 23, 2010 at 04:45 #

Renee is super thin so I don’t know why the dress makes her look bigger in the midsection (a big dinner maybe?) Not flattering on Renee. It looks too tight The looseness of the dress looks better on the model. The color doesn’t compliment Renee nd the shoes are hideous.

23. Emi November 23, 2010 at 08:26 #

She looks radiant but the modifications of the dress made it lose all the beautiful and interesting things. I love the runway version, a bit loose and also the soft fabric. I can see her stomach and wrinkles everywhere. I love the make up and the hair.