Miley Cyrus In Marchesa – 2010 American Music Awards

Most Improved On All Fronts Award
I have to say this is the best I’ve ever seen Miley Cyrus.

I absolutely adore this look.

The young singer made her way on the red carpet in LA tonight for the 2010 American Music Awards.

She looks surprisingly cute wearing a Marchesa Spring 2011 mini dress.

Her chiffon strapless dress has a floral illustration, beaded details, and a large bow detail on the back which has a train flowing from it.

It wasn’t just the dress I loved. I also loved her hair and make-up.

For once everything was working at the same time.

Kudos to her.

Christian Louboutin Maralena pumps and a selection of silver bracelets completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Fergie In Falguni and Shane Peacock – 2010 American Music Awards

Fergie In Falguni and Shane Peacock – 2010 American Music Awards

Rihanna In Elie Saab Couture - 2010 American Music Awards

Rihanna In Elie Saab Couture – 2010 American Music Awards

42 Responses to Miley Cyrus In Marchesa – 2010 American Music Awards

1. Marjorie November 22, 2010 at 00:37 #

Looks absolutely FLAWLESS.
    Definitely the best she has EVER looked. Not just the dress but just her in general.
    I really hope she keeps this up.

• Ethne Blist November 22, 2010 at 16:19 #

I agree. She deserves a BDOTW nomination not just for her look, but getting her act together.

2. Smile November 22, 2010 at 00:39 #

She looks really amazing, suits her, she looks very comfortable and confident in the dress

3. Lilflowa November 22, 2010 at 00:40 #

Miley! she looks absolutely stunning.

Everything absolutely worked for her. The pumps are gorgeous. The dress is appropriate everything was just on point.

Go girl. Hair and Makeup flawless too.

4. Lisa November 22, 2010 at 00:46 #

wow! is that really miley? no short shorts,cowboy boots & age appropriate? I’m pleasantly surprised

5. Sonia November 22, 2010 at 00:47 #

Wow for once her extensions and makeup don’t look trashy. I love when her hair is either straight or like this event, silky waves so she did good with the hair and her makeup finally doesn’t look overly heavy/trying to be a rocker chick.

And this dress IMO is age appropriate without being too boring (Selena Gomez take note) but also sexy without being too trashy (Taylor Momsen take note)

I actually don’t know why people get on her case so much. I even went through all of the Miley related posts on this website and for the most part, she looked very good. People just like to find any reason to hate her and I’m glad she isn’t trying to be like Taylor Momsen, just dressing like a skank because she doesn’t “give a sh-t”

6. moja31 November 22, 2010 at 00:55 #

finally she doesn’t look like an aging beverly hills housewife. kudos to miley for pulling of a great look.

7. Hisadora November 22, 2010 at 01:09 #

Wonderful! Love it so much!!!!!! She finally wore something cute, gorgeous and age appropriate. This look is totally perfection. From head to toe the girl is just glowing.

8. misschatty November 22, 2010 at 01:15 #

WOW. Stunning. I normally don’t call Miley that. She’s not an ugly girl but she’s always been cute. This whole look just works so well for her. The dress is gorgeous, her make-up is fresh, her hair looks tamed and she looks happy.

I would definitely put this look in for BDOTW. Miley has never looked this good IMO, and it deserves some recognition.

9. Ev November 22, 2010 at 01:18 #

I am so not a fan of hers, but I can’t fault her for perfection she is here. The dress is amazing, her hair doesn’t look completely fake as it usually does, her makeup is light and perfect. Plus, I LOVE her smile here :)

10. molly November 22, 2010 at 01:30 #

She looks great.
    I love how dramatic the train is, but i would have made it shorter…she doesnt have a Rihanna attitude or Taylor Swifts height to wear such a long train with a dress like this. But besides that, its a very nice look.

11. Laura November 22, 2010 at 01:33 #

Cute, fun, age-appropriate, all-American. I thought her EMA look was the best it was gonna get, but I was wrong. Congrats to Miley! This is perfect for her.

12. asherlev1 November 22, 2010 at 02:00 #

Holy crap! She looks so different. Oh, if I didn’t know her (as in – wasn’t biased with respect to how she’s dressed in the past), I would have adored her.

As it is, she’s looking really great. I hope she keeps her hair this way.

13. Michelle November 22, 2010 at 02:07 #

I agree with everyone, she looks great. Happy, fun and age appropriate. Imagine that. Thanks for the close-up of the fabric; it’s beautiful. So fresh and light.

14. gossip_bangkok November 22, 2010 at 03:10 #

The dress is gorgeous!

• Alina November 22, 2010 at 05:25 #

I agree..She looks fantastic too but I think the bracelets and rings were a bit too much with such a delicate gown.

15. mol November 22, 2010 at 03:39 #

A few too many rings and bracelets – but those are just minor quibbles, as I think she looks wonderful.

16. kelly November 22, 2010 at 03:48 #

amazing. definately best of the week material.

17. Dani November 22, 2010 at 03:50 #

Yeah, the hair is a huge part of it. Usually it brings down whatever else she’s wearing – but this is a super good look!

18. Sue Jin November 22, 2010 at 05:22 #

She looks beautiful! I wish her hair was up though but her hair looks really nice tonight.
    I saw the back + the train. I wish the bow had more life to it.. it was just flopping down..
    The dress itself is gorgeous

19. alannah November 22, 2010 at 06:15 #

i agree, she looks fabulous! good on her. i think everyone forgets shes not 12 anymore, & this really suits her.x

20. Wheaty November 22, 2010 at 07:15 #

i thought this was Lauren Conrad.

21. sara November 22, 2010 at 07:28 #

sooooooo cute, it’s not only an improve for miley, it’s even an outfit i would use!!!….the dress is so beautiful and young at the same time….and her hair so nice here!!!

22. Emi November 22, 2010 at 10:12 #

What happened to this event? So many well-dressed women! M. Cyrus looks so cute, the hair and the make up are flawless, the dress is beautiful and she looks her age, which should’t be so difficult. BDOTW contender for sure.

23. Ayesha November 22, 2010 at 10:23 #

love it so much,this dress is gorgeous!

24. fashion-mommy November 22, 2010 at 11:10 #

Flawless hair and make up, but the dress looks like a bandage. I think people are overwhelmed because she usually looks really bad, but I think she resembles Lacey Turner here.

• Marvel November 22, 2010 at 15:55 #

OMG. I knew she reminded me of someone!!

She looks amazing here

25. From Russia With Love November 22, 2010 at 12:30 #

Yay. I like it. BDOTW.

26. stella November 22, 2010 at 12:56 #

hey FC, dont you think Miley should have styled her hair into an updo like the model?

• Fashion Critic November 22, 2010 at 12:58 #

I like it the way it is.

27. T. November 22, 2010 at 13:44 #

LOVE this dress on her! Indeed, the hair and make-up flawless. Really want to see the back from this dress.
    xx.

28. dee November 22, 2010 at 14:51 #

This is the best I’ve ever seen Miley look. She looks sensational.

29. JJovana3 November 22, 2010 at 14:59 #

Suprisingly, I have nothing bad to say even tho I cant stand the girl. She looks quite amazing.

30. Coco November 22, 2010 at 16:10 #

Miley is easily one of my top 5 most hated celebs but this dress was one of my faves from this collection. Marchesa does such beautiful,ultra fem designs that I feel like a specific woman has to be wearing them to represent them properly. Her body looks great in it but I still would have preferred it on a classier,more sophisticated woman. All that aside the dress is FAB.

31. Samantha November 22, 2010 at 16:15 #

I looove it specially the fact that her hair looks soo clean and beautifull it’s such a great improvement from those thrashy looks she used to have

32. Kim November 22, 2010 at 16:34 #

FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!

33. Hannah November 22, 2010 at 20:06 #

I know i am goign to sound like a straight up Miley hater, but I like almost everything about it, except Miley, and the rings/ excessive bracelets which kill the delicacy of the look. I preferedthe runwa heels, but her chocie of Louboutins is prettu immaculate. They are gorgeous. Her hair is lovely too (keep it like that miley, prety please), but an updo would work much better. I also just feel this is not a Miley dress. I think because I pictured it on so many others.
    Also, I thinkthe fit is a little off, itseems a bit short, and tight also, but that may be the side effect of the fact her legs look compressed togehter.
    Ultimately I think it is the photo, but I do appreciate how much nicer Miley looks, I desperately hope she keeps getting it this right, but she does look undoubtedly stunning.

34. mochababe73 November 22, 2010 at 22:51 #

Miley cleans up nicely. This is how you can look beautiful and sophisticated without looking dowdy. She looks appropriate for her age.
    I am like a proud mommy when a child finally gets it!

35. Camila November 23, 2010 at 00:32 #

She does really look amazing!
    And she’s not pouting! This smile on her face makes her look more pretty than never!

36. Lily November 23, 2010 at 03:41 #

The best in years so far.. n she’s not posing with the peace sign anymore.. such an improvement.. i hope people can get over criticism her again n again.. she’s just a girl..

37. robbie November 23, 2010 at 18:54 #

looks alright, not a fan of the huge train though it just looks like someone stuck toilet roll to the back of her dress. although i wont hold my breath on her becoming a little classier im sure it wont be long til she skanks it up a little.

38. melizabeth September 2, 2011 at 01:24 #

is their anyway i can find this dress or a look alike i need this dress for prom i will kill everyone else dress lol