Jessica Alba In Cushnie et Ochs – 2010 American Music Awards Press Room

Jessica Alba didn’t walk the red carpet at the 2010 American Music Awards last night.

She was a presenter so we got to see her absolutely fabulous Cushnie et Ochs Fall 2010 dress in the press room.

Her black one-shouldered dress with a sculptural detail was paired with a gold choker, gold cuffs and black ankle strap Christian Louboutin heels.

It feels like a conservative choice when you consider what everyone else was wearing, but her slick backed bun, asymmetrical neckline and accessories makes the look really interesting.

Credit: Style.com & Bauer Griffin

Rihanna In Elie Saab Couture - 2010 American Music Awards Stage

Rihanna In Elie Saab Couture – 2010 American Music Awards Stage

Jennifer Lopez In Gucci - Gucci Children's Collection Launch

Jennifer Lopez In Gucci – Gucci Children’s Collection Launch

15 Responses to Jessica Alba In Cushnie et Ochs – 2010 American Music Awards Press Room

1. adriana November 22, 2010 at 14:02 #

the dresses in general are alright but more designs on them would be better.

• adriana November 22, 2010 at 14:04 #

some of the dresses look the same which bores me.

2. adriana November 22, 2010 at 14:03 #

im looking forward to upcoming events but i hope the dresses arent too much nor plain.

3. shawna November 22, 2010 at 14:38 #

LOVE this look. And I’m not normally a huge Jessica Alba fan (countless red carpets, countless gorgeous dresses, is there a reason she never looks happy?!

I think the hair and metallic/futuristic jewelry is what truly brings this looks from a fantastic LBD to a super polished, super modern look.

4. Hisadora November 22, 2010 at 14:51 #

Gorgeous as always. I think her pretty face helps this look get even better!

5. Naff November 22, 2010 at 15:29 #

i agree. I really really like this. She looks elegant and edgy at the same time. one of the best dressed for sure.

6. Marvel November 22, 2010 at 15:43 #

A nice dress and Im unsure about the necklace. The shoes are clunky but so glad that she slicked her hair back.

Although this dress would be better for a New York premiere.

7. antoneLLina November 22, 2010 at 15:49 #

love this look. chic, elegant, fawless

8. Tamia November 22, 2010 at 15:53 #

FC-J-alba for most improved this year?she’s really stepped it up this year and carved out her own style identity..loved what shes worn this year she’d dressed like a graphic,edgy princess!lol x

• Fashion Critic November 22, 2010 at 16:01 #

For sure she has made some interesting choices this year.

• mol November 22, 2010 at 16:11 #

I agree with Tamia – I never used to even watch for Jessica, but now I’m always interested in seeing her Not every choice has been perfect, but there has always been some special edge there, and often, what she wore was really fantastic and different from the rest of the crowd. I love this outfit, chic and edgy at the same time.

9. Manja November 22, 2010 at 16:05 #

great look,love everything

10. Ethne Blist November 22, 2010 at 16:12 #

The two ladies (Parsons graduates) who design Cushnie et Ochs must be so excited for Jessica Alba to wear their clothes. What a breakthrough. Olivia Wilde wore a gorgeous tight black sparkly number.

11. pipsqueak November 22, 2010 at 19:27 #

I love this look and like her shoes better than those on the model. It was a tad too sophisticated for the occasion, though. I think all major music awards are jokes because the awards are based on record sales rather than any artistic criteria. The Oscars at least preserve some integrity and class.

12. mochababe73 November 22, 2010 at 19:50 #

For anyone else, this would be conservative. For Jessica, it’s daring. She is known for being a sweet girl wearing cute dresses. I like this on her, and I like that she stepped out of her comfort zone.