22.11.10

Fergie In Falguni and Shane Peacock – 2010 American Music Awards

Nice Dress Shame About The Shoes Award
Fergie gave us our second look at a dress from Indian designers Falguni and Shane Peacock this weekend.

At the 2010 American Music Awards held in LA tonight she donned an interesting feathered confection from their Fall 2010 collection.

The blue and black embellished dress would only be classed as a stage look for some, but Fergie totally rocks the look on the red carpet.

I like the exaggerated feathered shoulders, but wish she’d pulled her hair back with all that detail.

The black peep-toes are a bit of a let down given the theatricality of the dress.

Do you agree?

I take back what I said about Fergie’s heels. The close-up reveals her Ruthie Davis heels have a spiked detail along the heel.

Credit: Getty

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Ke$ha In Michael Costello – 2013 American Music Awards

Miley Cyrus In Marchesa - 2010 American Music Awards

Miley Cyrus In Marchesa – 2010 American Music Awards

13 Responses to Fergie In Falguni and Shane Peacock – 2010 American Music Awards

1. Sonia November 22, 2010 at 01:28 #

I like the look. And I wouldn’t have wanted her to upstage the dress with exaggerated shoes so I think the black peep toes work really well with it.

2. misssilber November 22, 2010 at 01:30 #

love the colour, maybe a little too short for me (but I’m not Fergie), but I like it!

3. Laura November 22, 2010 at 01:32 #

This is a dress made for an award show like this. The funkiness of the dress is awesome. I’m actually okay with the shoe choice here.

4. MartaEC November 22, 2010 at 01:41 #

I don’t know, I’m not convinced, I agree with Sonia, other shoes could have uspstaged the dress but since I’m not a fan of it maybe that wouldn’t have been that bad.

5. moja31 November 22, 2010 at 01:43 #

wish she’d saved the wings for the stage.

6. Ev November 22, 2010 at 02:33 #

I can live with her shoes, but she definitely should’ve pulled her hair back. It’s a big let down for me here.

7. karen November 22, 2010 at 08:40 #

Yes the hair and the shoulders don’t go together. I’m also underwhelmed by the shoes. Fergie has amazing legs but this picture doesn’t capture it. And a rock dress like this shouldn’t be accompanied with a purse.

8. Emi November 22, 2010 at 10:15 #

I agree but I don’t like her anyway. I don’t understand why this woman is considered so beautiful, which doesn’t concern fashion and style, I know.

9. Gamine November 22, 2010 at 11:54 #

Shoulder pads? At first glance, I confused them with the “ABC” logos on the wall behind her.

10. Marvel November 22, 2010 at 15:56 #

She needs to pull her hair back or should have worn a gown instead a short sexy mini. She is stuck in a style rut

11. Ethne Blist November 22, 2010 at 16:17 #

Her dress is getting the attention- not her shoes. She wanted us to focus on the dress, not her shoes. Her shoes put the look together. It’s her hair that is the problem.

12. mochababe73 November 22, 2010 at 22:56 #

The hair should have definitely been pulled back in a sleek ponytail. I think that the shoes needed to be simple in order to let the dress take center stage.
    Although I am not crazy about the feathered shoulders, I love the dress.

13. Tania November 23, 2010 at 00:35 #