The best thing about the Lanvin for H&M collection going on sale in the US & Canada today, is that we get to know the rules way in advance of our launch on Tuesday.
I’ve been keeping up with the tweets from across the pond and here is what I’ve figured out.
1. The first 320 people in line will be given 1 of 16 different colour coded wristbands which indicates your time slot to shop. That’s 20 people for each coloured wristband. Even Leigh Lezark waited in line to get the collection.
2. You will only be allowed to purchase 2 pieces per style so be sure of your size.
3. Go with a friend because if you leave the line to pop to the loo for example you may not be able to get back into the line.
4. Find out which stores are stocking the collection in advance and try not to go to the most obvious store that 100s of people are bound to go to. Yes TV crews and photographers will be there, but do you want to shop or do you want to be on telly? (excuse the tough love) Instead of Oxford Street try Brent Cross or High Street Kensington if they stock the collection.
5. Last night people were already selling the collection on eBay using lookbook pictures. I would strongly advise against purchasing the collection on eBay because how can sellers possibly know what to sell if they haven’t physically got it already.
Those of you in the US & Canada let us know how your shopping experience went.
PS. Don’t forget that the collection also goes on sale online at www.hm.com 7am GMT on Tuesday. REGISTER NOW.
UPDATE: In the UK the rules are that you can only purchase 1 item per style.
Credit: HannahMelaina & chinacharlie Twitpic
MORE FROM RED CARPET FASHION AWARDS:
Posted by Catherine Kallon on November 20th, 2010 In: