Who Wore Lanvin Better? Anna Wintour or Carey Mulligan

Anna Wintour was on her way to take her front row seat at Valentino’s Fall 2010 Couture show in Paris back in July.

She was spotted wearing a Lanvin Pre-Fall 2010 sleeveless jacquard animal print dress with full pleated skirt.

It was during a time when she was always wearing that beautiful colourful beaded necklace, and she of course was wearing her fave kitten heels.

A light pink cardigan over her shoulders completed her look.

British actress Carey Mulligan wore the same dress to Google’s Boutiques.com launch party this week.

She added a black clutch, YSL pumps and a tribal statement necklace to her look.

I only just realised that Carey’s dress is shorter than Anna’s, but I prefer the fuller skirt and Anna’s accessories so she wins for me.

Credit: Style.com, Bauer Griffin & Rex Features

Naomie Harris In Gucci - Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Naomie Harris In Gucci – Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Lanvin For H&M Haute Couture Fashion Show

Lanvin For H&M Haute Couture Fashion Show

8 Responses to Who Wore Lanvin Better? Anna Wintour or Carey Mulligan

1. Lee Ann November 19, 2010 at 14:13 #

The flat short skirt is why I didn’t get the look the first time around. The skirt is supposed to be and indeed fitted me much fuller than it fits on Carey. That is why I thought it might be a size too small

2. Brooke November 19, 2010 at 15:13 #

I guess everyone’s working out their frustrations with Nuclear Wintour on the vote up there, because Carey’s look is just rubbish.

3. LUCY GOOSY November 19, 2010 at 15:38 #

Same dress, 2 diverse people, 2 completely different looks. I like Carey’s look; the dress with the shorter length is younger and youthful. I don’t mind the tribal necklace with the leopard print…but she could have taken it on step further…she could have put some funky streaks of (temporary) color in her short hair to jazz it up a bit.

4. karen November 19, 2010 at 19:09 #

I think the dress looks better on Anna. The dress somehow looks quite boring on carey.

5. mochababe73 November 20, 2010 at 01:29 #

I like the dress on Anna because of the jewelry. Carey’s necklace is too much for the dress.

6. Emi November 20, 2010 at 10:16 #

I hate the shoes of both looks, C. Mulligan wins for me because she made this dress look fresh, my grandmother has the same sandals of Mrs Wintour. C’mon, let’s be honest, they’re her trademark shoes, but these are very ugly.

7. Penny Dreadful Vintage November 21, 2010 at 12:10 #

I love this dress on Carey. I think the necklace is a fresh modern addition in a great coordinating colour, and the colour really suits her. The whole look is slightly mumsy on Anna.

8. KateS November 22, 2010 at 00:50 #

The fit and length are so different it barely looks like the same dress! I like the way they each wore it – imagine the outfits swapped and they look genuinely bizarre.