19.11.10

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior – FINCA 25th Anniversary Gala

Natalie Portman attended the 25th Anniversary gala for FINCA International in New York City last night.

The actress attended as part of her role as their ‘Ambassador of Hope’.

As an ambassador for Dior, Natalie wore a Christian Dior dress.

Her look was ultra feminine. I love the embroidered details on the sheer overlay. It’s a cute girlie look.

I won’t pretend I love the pumps, but I guess something simple like this was appropriate for the event.

Ivanka Trump jewels complete her look.

Credit: Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

Natalie Portman In Valentino - Late Show with David Letterman

Natalie Portman In Valentino – Late Show with David Letterman

12 Responses to Natalie Portman In Christian Dior – FINCA 25th Anniversary Gala

1. Nia November 19, 2010 at 15:18 #

I’m not fond of her shoe choices. She’s vegan, so maybe it’s harder for her to find attractive non-leather shoes.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2010 at 15:45 #

You’re right. It must be hard for her to select non-leather heels.

2. Lee Ann November 19, 2010 at 15:21 #

Hi FC -I saw this dress in person yesterday at the DIOR store . It is beautiful but it is really pushing the season as the material makes it a resort dress not a winter white. Furthermore, shoes are difficult because Americans DO NOT wear white after labour day. This leaves gold or silver as options but I think too too summery given the dress. Coloured shoes would look naff. Therefore, the black pumps make a very spring dress less so . Not ideal but a good compromise.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2010 at 15:44 #

I agree. I don’t hate the shoes on this occasion.

The points you make about the dress then becoming too summery with silver or gold heels is totally correct.

3. Ethne Blist November 19, 2010 at 15:41 #

Boring snooze time. She looks bored herself.

4. Shruti November 19, 2010 at 18:15 #

This is such a gorgeous dress. No fuss…just simple elegance. Absolutely lovely and a refreshing change from all the flashy stuff we see these days. Very soothing, romantic style.

5. karen November 19, 2010 at 19:27 #

Natalie looks so cute in this dress. I love white dresses and this dress looks adorable on her. Not crazy about the black shoes with this dress.

6. Marvel November 19, 2010 at 23:29 #

The dress is nice, but MAJOR shoe failure

7. mochababe73 November 20, 2010 at 01:07 #

I love the dress. It’s cute, but I wish that she would have smiled. That would have made the difference for me.

8. Emi November 20, 2010 at 10:04 #

The dress is so lovely and feminine, maybe too summery… What really strikes, for me, here, is her beauty, she’s so graceful, the make up is flawless.

9. phuong November 20, 2010 at 21:35 #

The dress is pretty, I just don’t find it to be somehing I would go crazy for

10. KateS November 22, 2010 at 00:47 #

perhaps event-appropriate, but sickly sweet nonetheless.