Charlene Wittstock In Armani Privé – Monaco’s National Day

Monaco’s future princess, South African Charlene Wittstock made her first official appearance as royal fiancée of Prince Albert II today during a parade for Monaco’s National Day in Monte Carlo.

She looked breath-taking as she waved to the adoring crowed from the balcony of the Prince’s Palace.

Charlene has already shown us that she has a great sense of style – which is very important as the future Princess of Monaco – and that continued today as she looked so very chic wearing an Armani Privé Fall 2010 skirt suit.

Her suit is perfect for such a formal occasion. I love how the jacket nips in at the waist then fans out.

What I love most about this look are her accessories.

Her sculptural brown hat, leather gloves, box clutch and brown satin pumps perfectly complemented her suit.

I hope our Kate Middleton is taking notes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

25 Comments
Sidewalk Style – Cheryl Cole In Versus

Sidewalk Style – Cheryl Cole In Versus

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

25 Responses to Charlene Wittstock In Armani Privé – Monaco’s National Day

1. Melissa November 19, 2010 at 19:30 #

Oh that’s stunning!! I love the gloves!

2. SarahV November 19, 2010 at 20:30 #

I can’t put my finger on it, but I just really dislike this look. I think I prefer the understated elegance we’ve seen of Kate so far..

3. Lisa V November 19, 2010 at 20:33 #

I really like the polished look: however i think this outfit looks way too old for her.

4. Rachel November 19, 2010 at 20:42 #

On a side note look at the Hello Kitty purse besides her… lol. A little fashionista on the making. hehehe

• GRACE December 1, 2010 at 13:18 #

Yup, I’m glad someone else noticed it! I love Charlene’s look, but I love the Hello Kitty bag as much :D

5. HM November 19, 2010 at 21:00 #

OMG Very Old Hollywood glam!!! Not sure about the length of the gloves though.

P.S. That is the cutest Hello Kitty bag I’ve ever seen! Looks like Chanel..LOL!

6. Lisa November 19, 2010 at 21:41 #

Looks like she’s wearing a costume, not liking this look at all. Nothing chic about it….the clothes are wearing her.

7. Marvel November 19, 2010 at 23:28 #

LOVING the hat.
    I really hope that Kate Middleton is gonna be the next big thing in terms of Fashion, because lets face it, the Royal Family dont have a reputation for great style

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2010 at 23:54 #

that’s what worries me.

She’s young and looks good, but she may start to become frumpy when she becomes a Princess

8. Alicat November 20, 2010 at 00:01 #

I have no idea how old she is but it is quite a mature look – very chic and stylish all the same. I love the cut of the jacket. Maybe the hat is a bit “racecourse”. Speaking of looking frumpy, what about Albert? He is turning into a somewhat portly, middle-aged gentleman.

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2010 at 00:08 #

I agree, he isn’t aging well

• Lee Ann November 20, 2010 at 11:33 #

She I believe is 27

• Alicat November 21, 2010 at 07:20 #

I googled him and he is 52. She is 27. Hmmmm,,,

9. mochababe73 November 20, 2010 at 00:55 #

I love the hat more than anything else. The ultimate in chicness and reminds me of Isabelle Blow.
    The suit looks better on her than the model. She looks appropriate and sophisticated.

10. Hannah November 20, 2010 at 01:10 #

I love Charlene, I know this is wrong, but I consider her the new people’s princess, because I really love her, and I find her so personable and chic (and sorry but I just do not like Kate middleton, I do not dislike her though). In fact I love the whole Monaco Royal Family, although Albert looks very different to the last time I saw him.
    I think how to tell someone looks good is when there is something distracting int he photo, and it is not the first thing you look at, case in point, one of the casiraghi brothers (I think Andrea) is standing right behind her.

11. ruth November 20, 2010 at 01:23 #

…sigh. I want to be a princess. For the fashion, more than anything!

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2010 at 12:38 #

In total agreement x

12. Jarrold November 20, 2010 at 01:56 #

This looks like the set of a movie, she looks so glamous. Work honey

13. Lee Ann November 20, 2010 at 09:43 #

I’m sorry FC I disagree and think this look is completely over the top. She looks like Glinda the good witch. This type of look would not suit Kate Middleton. All you notice is the clothes not the person which is the antithesis of style.

14. Emi November 20, 2010 at 09:54 #

The tailleur is classy but it ages her, she looks like a middle age elegant woman. Great look if you’re 50 years old. The hat is terrible, I like the gloves, boring shoes. I like so much the Hello Kitty bag of princess Alexandra ( I guess she’s Alexandra). And I think that K. Middleton has good sense of style, except for the hats, which are an english classic, I suppose. But it’s possible that Royal Family will try to impose her a very boring and conventional style.

15. Ayesha November 20, 2010 at 10:41 #

very beautiful,and what a hat!

16. Pati November 20, 2010 at 16:11 #

Is it only me, or does it have Evita Peron feel to it????

17. Iñaki November 20, 2010 at 20:30 #

Best choice I’ve seen on royalty for a long time!

x

18. mikeijames November 21, 2010 at 09:20 #

i love how this outfit nods to the past while maintain its modernity. the suit recalls everything formal we love about the royalty but these accessories shows that she’s a girl of the moment.

19. Kiwi November 21, 2010 at 10:08 #

Love the look, she almost looks like his daughter