19.11.10

Last night Anne Hathaway enjoyed a night out at the American Museum of Natural History’s 2010 Museum Gala in New York City.

They say there’s a first time for everything, and this is the first time in a long while that I’m not 100% pleased with Anne’s look.

She wore a beautiful Miu Miu floral embellished strapless peaked navy dress, but I’m not a fan of her Miu Miu heels.

Not because they’re navy.

It’s because her suede heels look terribly scuffed making them scruffy for a red carpet look.

This is not a pleasing from someone who is usually so immaculately groomed.

I am a huge fan of her Bochic earrings and I love the quiff.

A plum Miu Miu clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Anne Hathaway In Whit - BBC Radio One

Anne Hathaway In Whit – BBC Radio One

Melanie Laurent In Miu Miu – Champs-Elysees Christmas Illumination Launch

Melanie Laurent In Miu Miu – Champs-Elysees Christmas Illumination Launch

9 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Miu Miu – American Museum of Natural History’s 2010 Museum Gala

1. rebecca November 19, 2010 at 12:53 #

This look screams Marion Cotillard. It doesn’t suit Anne as well.

2. Alicat November 19, 2010 at 12:57 #

She looks beautiful and perfectly groomed. The head shot gives an idea of the structuring around the bodice and neckline. Maybe the shoes looked scuffed in the light because the nap is lying in different directions, as can happen with suede. Personally, I regard suede as more suitable for winter and this is such a summery dress, although it is nearly winter in New York. I assume this museum has good heating!

3. Linda November 19, 2010 at 14:00 #

Love the hair and dress.

4. Lee Ann November 19, 2010 at 14:10 #

She is so not Miu Miu!

5. Joy November 19, 2010 at 16:34 #

I’ve looked at this picture about 4 times trying to figure out why this doesn’t work. For me, I think her hair is hideous. What was she thinking? It doesn’t look right on her beautiful face. The rest of the look is blah when she is a person we all love to adore. I’m sure she will do better next time!

6. anna November 19, 2010 at 17:43 #

didn’t like this look at all!
    didn’t like the dress nor the hair.
    but, i guess she was trying to wear something more “funny” or “modern” for a change. maybe…

7. karen November 19, 2010 at 19:10 #

Anne looks so boring. Such a boring dress and shoes. yawn.

8. Marvel November 19, 2010 at 23:37 #

Reminded me of Westwood but this doesnt work for Anne. The hair is terrible and the shoes suck. Plus I think the dress highlights how skinny she is

9. mochababe73 November 20, 2010 at 01:26 #

I don’t like the Flintstone hair.
    I guess that I will also be a dissenting opinion because I think that the dress looks cheap. The only redeeming aspect of this outfit are the earrings.
    Pregnancy must be clouding Rachel Zoe’s judgement.