17.11.10

Natalie Cole In Dennis Basso – Silver Hill Hospital 80th Anniversary Gala

It’s always a pleasure to see a real diva on the red carpet.

Natalie Cole looked beautiful as she arrived at the Silver Hill Hospital 80th Anniversary Gala in New York City as the Mistress of Ceremonies.

The Gala raised over $1.2 million, which will go to provide financial assistance for adolescents and young adults who desperately need residential treatment but are without adequate resources to cover the costs.

Natalie was radiant on the red carpet wearing a Dennis Basso gown.

Her blacked beaded and tulle gown with Swarovski crystals has the same texture as Look 35 from the Fall 2010 collection.

She added a fur stole, a satin sash tied to the waist and dazzling earrings to compete her look.

Credit: Getty

Hailee Steinfeld In Suno - 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

Hailee Steinfeld In Suno – 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

Natalie Cole In Oscar de la Renta - 2011 Angel Ball

Natalie Cole In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 Angel Ball

12 Responses to Natalie Cole In Dennis Basso – Silver Hill Hospital 80th Anniversary Gala

1. Marvel November 17, 2010 at 16:19 #

The dress looks nice but I would have liked it without the fur stole

• dee November 17, 2010 at 16:26 #

I agree.

2. Hannah November 17, 2010 at 16:34 #

She is a real diva! I love the lack of pouting or ‘sex(y)-face’ a la Jennifer Lopez, but the sheer jyo on ehr face to be there. She looks so humble, it is so lovely to see, and what a dress!

3. Laura November 17, 2010 at 16:48 #

Classic Old Hollywood Glam. Nice to see a diva bring it. Though I hope that’s not real fur because there’s no excuse to wear real fur anymore when there are such good faux furs available now.

4. fashion-mommy November 17, 2010 at 17:24 #

Wow – very glamorous – haven’t seen her for ages. she looks lovely – a real old school diva!

5. karen November 17, 2010 at 18:22 #

she looks like a catepillar so no i’m not fond of this look.

6. Camille November 17, 2010 at 22:48 #

she looks amazing. What a gorgeous gown and I love the acessories…that little fur stole is perfect for the season. She’s such a lovely lady and I hope her health is improving.

7. Sharon November 18, 2010 at 01:48 #

It is so good to see Natalie looking healthy, happy and gorgeous! She’s definitely growing more beautiful instead of growing old, and this dress is just perfect for her.

8. mochababe73 November 18, 2010 at 02:18 #

I love the dress.
    For pictures, she should have taken the stole off so that we could see more of this beautiful dress.

9. CreoleLady November 18, 2010 at 11:01 #

Love everything about this. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that it might have been too chilly for her to go without a wrap even indoors. A stole of any sort isn’t something I have ever considered wearing because of the potential frump factor. Yet I think this way of wearing a stole is modern and chic.

10. Ayesha November 18, 2010 at 11:42 #

the stole doesn’t look good AT ALL.

11. Alicat November 18, 2010 at 13:10 #

The dress fits her perfectly and has a very interesting texture. I also like the unusual colour and the satin sash is a perfectly contrasting detail. Her hair is great and she looks very beautiful. What I don’t like is the fur stole. If faux, it looks weird and chunky. If real, it is inexcusable.