Alexa Chung In Valentino – “Love & Other Drugs” New York Premiere

Alexa Chung was also decked out in Valentino at the “Love & Other Drugs” New York Premiere, but her dress was from the Resort 2011 collection.

As you know I find it very hard to like -get- Alexa Chung’s offbeat style considering I see myself as a lover of girlie girl fashion.

Grungy, just got out of bed, homeless chic has never floated my boat.

Hair aside I do like this clean stylish look on this occasion.

Her floral dress was worn without the bow belt worn by the model, but she did teamed her look with black Louis Vuitton heels and a Chanel bag.

Had she worn biker or ankle boots with this dress I would never have forgiven her.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rihanna In Alexander Wang - BET's '106 & Park'

Rihanna In Alexander Wang – BET’s ‘106 & Park’

In Rebecca Hall's Closet - Vionnet Split-Sleeve Gown

In Rebecca Hall’s Closet – Vionnet Split-Sleeve Gown

26 Responses to Alexa Chung In Valentino – “Love & Other Drugs” New York Premiere

1. Anissa November 17, 2010 at 21:31 #

I love this dress, but I hate the fit on her. It’s so baggy/shapeless on her torso. I hope someone else wears it and wears it better.

• Gaber November 18, 2010 at 08:54 #

Great minds think alike.
      :p

2. Gigi November 17, 2010 at 21:38 #

This is a look I can only call “dreary”. She looks like she feels very uncomfortable.

3. Brooke November 17, 2010 at 21:59 #

This is cute, but I thought the gown version of this print that Toni Collette wore was outright terrific ( http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2010/08/30/2010-emmy-awards-toni-collette-in-valentino/ ). And to think on many mainstream fashion blogs she was castigated for wearing what many called a muddy print.

Apart from that, I find it hard to get excited about anything Alexa wears; she has terrible posture and seems irretrievably awkward looking (in an effort to look indolent, I believe, which makes it worse).

• mm November 17, 2010 at 22:51 #

I agree with your comments about Alexa. This is a better effort than i have seen in the past. Her hair ruins everything for me. .

• Hannah November 17, 2010 at 22:59 #

I agree about what you sai abotu TOni, she looked so chic, as she always does, and it is clearly not mudd,y but to be fair they seem to have a very different view on fashion. If these fashion critics you are refering to also includes things like E!’s fashion police, then they are ridiculous IMO, they voted Eva in the atelier versace worst dressed (over some real contenders).
      I also agree about Alexa, she has that ‘London’ things which I get as a londoner, but it just does not appeal to me, esepcially on the red carpet. She is very awkward, it is a little bit painful to see.

4. mol November 17, 2010 at 22:05 #

Sometimes I really like what Alexa is wearing and think she looks great; then other times, I think, ‘what a scrawny unhappy looking girl – this is one of those times that I shudder and say, oh no!

5. cartouche November 17, 2010 at 22:09 #

how is it that her legs are the same size as her arms?

she has access to such gorgeous clothing but always fails to do them justice.

6. dee November 17, 2010 at 22:12 #

I never like what she weas and how she looks. She is too thin.

• Jo November 18, 2010 at 15:25 #

I AGREE. Normally I hate to comment on other women’s weights (nothing wrong with variety and not everyone is “designed” to be thin or amazingly curvy for that matter) but I find her painfully, horribly thin and I can never get past that when I’m looking at what she’s wearing. There are lots of thin celebs out there who I think look fab – Alexa isn’t one of them.

7. karen November 17, 2010 at 22:14 #

i think Alexa looks cute. The dress looks better on her than the model so that says alot. She looks effortless and young.

8. Camille November 17, 2010 at 22:40 #

I do not ‘get’ her style (term used loosely) and also do not ‘get’ the adulation of her. She takes a perfectly lovely dress and makes it look like a potato sack, with that horrible posture and sad droopy hair. She is known for her ‘street chic’ looks, but most of the time she looks like she grabbed something out of her dirty clothes hamper–granted, we should have such fabulous dirty clothes! I just wish she’d make a tiny bit of effort to not appear like it is all such a bore.

• laurabi November 18, 2010 at 10:43 #

Thank you!!!! I never like what she wears. She killed this dress, she made a lovely dress look like a potato sack.

9. Hisadora November 17, 2010 at 22:49 #

Sorry but I never liked her style. All I can say is that she looks cute here.

10. Marvel November 17, 2010 at 22:55 #

Oh Great! ANOTHER dress ruined by her

11. KateS November 17, 2010 at 23:08 #

It’s a pretty dress, but the fit is dreadful and she looks terribly awkward. I think she should stick with her normal schleppy style, in which she at least looks comfortable.

12. Chiara November 17, 2010 at 23:59 #

She made a pretty/cute/flirty dress look awfully bad with her hair and pose.

13. moja31 November 18, 2010 at 00:10 #

love the dress on the runway; on her it’s okay i guess, and much better than most of what she wears.

14. Coco Birdie November 18, 2010 at 00:22 #

Somehow she even made this gorgeous Valentino dress look shlumpy. Doesn’t fit in the bodice, skirt lacks life, and the strap falling off is just the icing on the cake. I would have rather seen this dress on Carrie Mulligan or one of the Fanning girls

15. mochababe73 November 18, 2010 at 02:14 #

I love the dress. Unfortunately, it falls completely flat on Alexa. As much as I am not a fan of Carey Mulligan’s style, I can’t help but want to see her in this particular dress.

16. Emi November 18, 2010 at 10:19 #

As I wrote before, the reason why she’s considered a fashion icon is mystery, she’s a dress terminator! She can make a beautiful dress look so cheap! The belt she chose seems taken from her boyfriend’s closet. Her pose is terrible and contributes to the bad fit of this cute dress.

17. Ayesha November 18, 2010 at 11:38 #

this is a really really good style,i’ll have to say one of Alexa’s best looks.

18. Laura November 18, 2010 at 16:37 #

Okay but the posing is too slouchy for me. Kind of ruins the look.

19. Chelsea November 18, 2010 at 22:54 #

I agree with not liking the homeless-chic look…I’ve never seen the appeal. I do like everything she’s got going on here…but if she had even done a pretty chignon she would have nailed it.