16.11.10

The Rest Of The Looks From The CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Red Carpet

Here are the rest of the looks from the 2010 CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards.

Anna Wintour was of course wearing Chanel Fall 2010 Couture.

She looks as regal as ever pairing her beaded dress and jacket with her favourite kitten heels.

Bee Shaffer wore a strapless burgundy Dolce & Gabbana lace dress which she paired with black accessories.

Anna Paquin wore a tweed Richard Chai Love dress with gold bracelets and black Nicholas Kirkwood slingbacks.

Kim Kardashian loves to dazzle on the red carpet for formal events wearing an Egyptian themed look.

Her Zac Posen blue gown with a beaded neckline reminds me of her Emmy’s look.

Alexa Chung keeps her look super simple with a white shirt and black shorts.

Christina Ricci wore a black and white Peter Som Spring 2011 dress with a black beaded neckline which would’ve been super cute without the tights and black pumps.

A Nancy Gonzalez box clutch completes her look.

Yaya DaCosta really knocked it out of the fashion ball park wearing a Christian Cota Spring 2011 print gauze tiered gown.

She carried a Christian Louboutin and sparkled with Irene Neuwirth jewels.

Oospy Aerin Lauder and Karlie Kloss arrived in the same Stella McCartney Resort 2011 lace floral appliqué asymmetrical dress.

Tres embarrassing.

Designers arrived with socialites as their plus ones.

Prabal Gurung looked very dapper in his suit with Maggie Betts on his arm.

The lucky lady wore a Prabal Gurung Spring 2011 white stretch scuba sculpted dress with an asymmetrical hem and those gorgeous Nicholas Kirkwood by Prabal Gurung graphic platform stilettos we saw in the same presentation.

Giambattista Valli arrived with actress Alison Les Borges as his date.

She wore a custom Giambattista Valli rose print dress which had a beautiful silk floral appliqués and black mink trim.

Her Giambattista Valli accessories include a Spring 2011 clutch and black pumps.

Jason Wu was dwarfed by the beautifully statuesque Shala Monroque.

She wore a Jason Wu Spring 2011 hot pink chiffon ruffle halter gown with a blue turban and an amazing pair of drop earrings.

This was an exceptionally well dressed event.

Who was your favourite as I’m going to do another Best Dressed poll.

Credit: Getty

Blake Lively In Chanel - 2010 CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Blake Lively In Chanel – 2010 CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Taylor Swift In Reiss - BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards

Taylor Swift In Reiss – BBC Radio 1′s Teen Awards

39 Comments

39 Responses to The Rest Of The Looks From The CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Red Carpet

1. Rachel November 16, 2010 at 16:25 #

Ya Ya da Costa! Outstanding look!

2. Ethne Blist November 16, 2010 at 16:26 #

I am not impressed or wowed by any one. The only people who look decent are Kim Kardashian (everybody else must look really bad), Yaya DaCosta, and Shala Monroque (not digging the blue turban- another color maybe).

3. Dorian Gray November 16, 2010 at 16:30 #

For me, of course, Blake Livery :-)

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 17:15 #

Always ;)

4. Victor November 16, 2010 at 16:32 #

Yaya DaCostaaaaa! :D

5. Marvel November 16, 2010 at 16:33 #

Kim surprises me here. I think Kim, Yaya, Maggie and Alison should all be included for the BD even poll along the separate posts you’ve done.

6. Mel November 16, 2010 at 16:36 #

I love Yaya Dacosta, she look stunning! but I fee a bit dissapointed by Anna Paquin, she looks OK, but just OK. I mean, she doesn’t wow me like in her other apparences.

7. Hisadora November 16, 2010 at 16:40 #

For once I can see Alexa Chung wearing heels, like truly heels. She always wears those ridiculous male shoes. Yaya DaCosta was my favorite here, she looks gorgeous :)

8. Moxie November 16, 2010 at 16:41 #

Anna Paquin and Yaya look the best, IMO. Maybe Kim.

9. Clancy from Dallas November 16, 2010 at 16:41 #

I want to steal that dress right out of Yaya DaCosta’s closet. Too bad I have no idea who she is. She’s fierce though!! Love the beehive/boufant hair also!

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 16:46 #

She was in America’s Next Top Model

• Alina November 16, 2010 at 16:54 #

I didn’t know that. I know her from a movie : Take the lead , with Banderas…
        She does look the best here.

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 17:14 #

I didn’t see that, but she was also in Ugly Betty as Wilhelmina Slater’s daughter

10. anne November 16, 2010 at 16:49 #

Kim Kardashian and Anna Wintour attending the same event…how? why?

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 17:15 #

let’s pray she never gets a Vogue cover

• michelle November 16, 2010 at 18:19 #

* kneels down in prayer, begging sweet jesus*

• Courteney November 17, 2010 at 14:18 #

I don’t understand the draw to Kim Kardashian. But I guess a big butt, pretty face and a sex tape ticket access to CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards.

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2010 at 14:28 #

she was invited by Zac Posen. I can’t see Anna Wintour offering her an invitation

11. From Russia With Love November 16, 2010 at 16:51 #

Shala is my Best Dressed. I’m u did feature her because I waited this gown to be worn since september)

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 17:14 #

I’ve been waiting for this gown too.

12. S November 16, 2010 at 16:52 #

Caroline Sieber was also there wearing Jason Wu, I think.

13. Leslie November 16, 2010 at 16:55 #

I love Anna Wintour, Anna Paquin, Kim Kardashian, Yaya DaCosta and Karlie Kloos (the dress is so much better on her !)

14. nooranyehia November 16, 2010 at 16:57 #

Shala Monroque looked perfect for me as her look translated perfectly from the runway and she wore the blue turban from the collection which i loved. yaya dacosta does nothing for me, maybe it’s because i saw ANTM or maybe its her cleavage a la mariah carey

15. Lee Ann November 16, 2010 at 16:59 #

More questions:
    -How many pairs of those shoes does Anna own???
    -Does Alexa know that it is November and therefore really cold outside??
    -How horrible must it be to have Karlie Kloss appear in the same dress that you are wearing?

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 17:12 #

Re shoes: at least 50
      Re Alexa: clearly not
      Re Karlie: devastating. I would take my coat and leave lol

16. bas November 16, 2010 at 17:14 #

Yaya is stunning! and surprisingly i actually like alexa’s look.

• Gaber November 16, 2010 at 17:46 #

I am adding my vote to this.
      Both look fantastic!

17. mol November 16, 2010 at 17:26 #

Karlie Kloss and Shala Monroque plus Blake from the earlier post.

18. ally November 16, 2010 at 18:06 #

apparently somehow karlie got another look and changed cause on vogue.com at the event she is wearing a green dress

19. Jennifer November 16, 2010 at 18:10 #

Shala Monroque, LOVE the turban xx

20. michelle November 16, 2010 at 18:21 #

shala gets my vote. that women is beyond.

21. Little J November 16, 2010 at 18:52 #

Yaya for the win! On a side note, how stunning would Yaya’s dress have been on Cheryl Cole for an X Factor live show, complete with that fab high bun. Yaya’s stylist needs to get in touch with Cheryl’s stylist ASAP!

22. Hannah November 16, 2010 at 18:55 #

My favourtie is easily Shala monroque, followed closely by Yaya. I hate what KIm is wearing, it is so La, not at all CFDA, she looks hieously out of place, and not at all chic, and try hard.
    What I fin more embarassign for Karlie Kloss than wearing the same ress as someone else, is wearing sunglasses when they are clearly not needed.

23. pipsqueak November 16, 2010 at 20:39 #

Shala Monroque is my fave! I’ve been following her fashion since she was featured on this blog once. She’s truly stylish, inventive and sophisticated. Underrated, too. I like Alexa Chung, too, as always. I want her legs…

24. Laura November 16, 2010 at 20:44 #

Anna’s look is so Anna yet so classy and beautiful. She carries Chanel very well. Bee’s look is a little too much for me with the bust line and volume in the bottom. Anna’s dress is really nice, though I’m not sold on the shoe choice.

Kim’s dress is way too similar to her Emmy dress for me to even really critique it. Such a shame. Alexa’s look is a little out of place for this event IMO. I love Christina’s dress and the red lips, and I don’t mind the shoes. The tights are what kill the look for me. Don’t love Yaya’s look. It’s a nice dress, but the hair and boobs are OTT to me.

Between Aerin and Karlie there’s a great look, but individually there are mistakes. Aerin’s mistakes are the tights and black pumps. Karlie’s is the unfortunate eyewear choice. I can’t decide who wore it better.

My fave of the event was Leighton, but on this post it would be Christina Ricci.

• Mel November 17, 2010 at 11:09 #

I’m with you with Anna’s shoes. If she picked a Kirkwood’s like the ones Sarah Jessica Parker wore in HP premiere it will be amazing… but no!!! she picket black pumps, again. Her obssesion with black pumps is so epic that se even married in black pumps.

25. mochababe73 November 16, 2010 at 23:37 #

I wasn’t going to comment until I saw Alexa Chung’s horrible outfit. It was boring and too casual for the event.
    Does this woman even know how to dress. For me, she never dresses right for the occasion. I don’t get why anyone considers here a fashion icon. Most of the time she looks as though she just rolled out of bed.

26. Livia November 17, 2010 at 14:16 #

Kim Kardashian sticks out like sore thumb to me. She just doesn’t, in my mind, belong at this event. She isn’t a classy lady who really has a unique taste in fashion. She seems like a fashion conformist and lacks credibility in my eyes because was launched to fame courtesy of a sex tape.

27. Lily November 18, 2010 at 07:38 #

Hi all,

Would anybody be able to tell me what brand are Alexa Chung’s black platform sandals/pumps that she wore to the recent CFDA/Vogue event? She paired it with a white crisp shirt and black shorts. Where could I possibly purchase them? Any similar styles? Thanks.