16.11.10

Kate Middleton In Issa To Announce Her Engagement To Prince William

Today Kate Middleton wore blue Issa dress to announce her engagement to Prince William.

She appeared with the Prince in front of the media at Clarence House, the London home of William’s father, the Prince of Wales.

Kate showed off the blue sapphire engagement ring that had belonged to William’s late mother, Diana Princess of Wales.

The knee-length, long sleeved blue jersey silk dress sold out within minutes on Matches Fashion.

Credit: Newscom

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Queen Elizabeth II's Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Queen Elizabeth II’s Official Birthday

Best Dressed Of The Week - Rose McGowan In Issa

Best Dressed Of The Week – Rose McGowan In Issa

28 Responses to Kate Middleton In Issa To Announce Her Engagement To Prince William

1. Laura November 17, 2010 at 00:30 #

Kate has been a good client of Issa and I’m glad she stuck with them for this big announcement. She looks classy and fabulous. I’m not a fan of the shoes though.

Still, congrats to the happy couple. It seems like the engagement rumors have been going on forever.

2. karen November 17, 2010 at 00:42 #

Kate looks great. I like the way she had her nails done in a natural color. I’m so happy for them and especially for her since she’s been waiting for over 8 years for this day to finally come. A true modern day princess. She looks great but what about him? Not too crazy about his boring suit and the pants are a little short.

3. Gerard Vallecello November 17, 2010 at 01:00 #

She’s going to be the most watched woman in the world for her fashion and what she wears.

Congrats :)

4. robbie November 17, 2010 at 01:14 #

she looks good, but to be honest my eyes were drawn to the rather dramatic and beautiful wallpaper and carpet.

shame they both look like waxworks in the picture though.

5. artemis November 17, 2010 at 01:39 #

I’m bored!the dress is nice though..

6. jkrau November 17, 2010 at 01:55 #

Thanks for posting this FC! I was just wondering if she was wearing Issa again, but wasn’t sure if you’d post a non-entertainment red-carpet event… even though she is on a red carpet!

Kate is the picture of class, I’m looking forward to seeing more from her in the future.

7. Alicat November 17, 2010 at 03:08 #

They look ultra conservative which is a shame when so young but I suppose they are coached to project a certain image. I hope it doesn’t suck the lifeblood out of her. I remember Diana going for more and more daring choices as she grew older and became more confident. She wore some stunners. Remember her engagement photos in that frumpy blue suit lol? How she blossomed despite her trials.

8. mm November 17, 2010 at 03:45 #

So happy for them. He is such a nice man. She looks gorgeous, love the hair.

9. ClaraAnne November 17, 2010 at 05:04 #

Really Happy for her! Finally! She looks conservative but dignified. Can’t wait for wedding pictures!

10. samaira November 17, 2010 at 05:19 #

FC is it really an Issa dress. her dress seems to have a more V-neck instead of a cowl neck and a longer sleeve and a more flirty skirt. also the material seems shinier but that could just be the flash.

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2010 at 07:37 #

Yes it is

11. gossip_bangkok November 17, 2010 at 06:08 #

She looks fabulous.

12. Raskolnikowskaja. November 17, 2010 at 08:11 #

That dress is a perfect choice and it also matches to the ring!

13. Kaz November 17, 2010 at 11:02 #

I love it – the frock colour, the smile, and what looks like one of the best hair days ever!

• SarahV November 18, 2010 at 19:09 #

ITA on the great hair day!!!

14. Lara November 17, 2010 at 11:13 #

She looked even more beautiful in person (on TV) than the photo shows… I must say though that I would be a tad skeptical about using the engagement ring of a person whose marriage crumbled so terribly… but once you look past that, it IS a beautiful piece of jewellry

15. Alexandra November 17, 2010 at 11:16 #

i hope she will be happier in marriage than the previous owner of the ring!

16. Lee Ann November 17, 2010 at 11:35 #

I think she looked stunning. Yes the shoes are conservative but baby steps. I just wish that she would be a little more light handed in the use of Kohl around her eyes.

17. Laura November 17, 2010 at 11:43 #

aww she is beautiful, they seem so happy and relaxed together. i wish them every happiness.

18. Courteney November 17, 2010 at 14:11 #

I think she looks lovely. I believe their marriage will be stronger than William’s parents. She seems more stable and equiped to handle the pressures that go along with being a princess.

19. JJovana3 November 17, 2010 at 14:54 #

She is no lady D, but I hope with all my heart that their marriage is a happy one. William seems like a nice guy and decent Royalty.

20. dee November 17, 2010 at 15:39 #

She looks classy. I like it.

21. Godiva November 17, 2010 at 17:15 #

I think she is a beautiful and lovely girl; however, I am bored with the look. She is 28 years old and this look has nothing youthful, fresh, or interesting about it. It is too safe. She should take some pointers from the Queen of Jordan. She is always elegant and beautiful but never boring.

22. nat November 17, 2010 at 22:10 #

so pretty!

23. Marvel November 17, 2010 at 23:00 #

A nice appropriate look from her. The shoes are boring but Im sure we’ll be seeing more from her

24. molly November 18, 2010 at 01:37 #

Its very pretty. The shoes are boring, but whoever dressed her probably put her in those shoes to keep the look modest. I would have chosen an olive green in the dress color, but she looks lovely.
    Any wedding gown designer and style predictions, FC?

• Fashion Critic November 18, 2010 at 09:00 #

It’s likely to be custom by a British designer

25. mochababe73 November 18, 2010 at 02:47 #

I like the dress. I hope that dresses with a little bit more panache.
    Diana dressed appropriately, but always had some element of style.