16.11.10 Premiere

The fans went crazy for Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint at the “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1″ New York Premiere last night.

Unfortunately I couldn’t get as excited about her Calvin Klein dress.

Many stars like Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana and Thandie Newton call pull off the minimalist look so well, but I was expecting so much more from Emma especially after her London Premiere.

Her custom designed Calvin Klein Collection black double silk satin halter dress, was paired with Calvin Klein Collection black copper anklet sandals from the Spring 2011 collection.

She also added a jeweled hair accessory and a floral bracelet which snaked up her arm to complete her look.

Emma looks nice, but the wow factor I was so desperately looking for was missing.

Credit: Getty & Fame Pictures

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The MOCA Gala?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The MOCA Gala?

Sarah Jessica Parker In Vivienne Westwood Gold Label – “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1″ New York Premiere

44 Comments

44 Responses to Emma Watson In Calvin Klein – “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1″ New York Premiere

1. fashion-mommy November 16, 2010 at 10:14 #

it’s a bit dull really, but that gold cuff is amazing. i think it all looks a bit too grown up for her.

2. nicky November 16, 2010 at 10:19 #

this look totally bored me…the length of the dress is unflattering and the colour falls flat. diane wore a very similar dress but it was shorter and hot coral which looked better. the jewelry doesnt go with the dress either…disappointed

3. Francesca November 16, 2010 at 10:34 #

I completely agree with you. I only like her accessories.

4. Jasmine November 16, 2010 at 10:35 #

it looks like something one’d wear to bed :( love the cuff though

5. Noora Al-Thani November 16, 2010 at 10:47 #

i think she’s trying to figure out herself and her style. i mean last time was sexy, sassy, cute and now its minimalist, mature and dare i add BORING. i don’t hate it.

6. Kaz November 16, 2010 at 11:15 #

The length brings this unstuck. Just no wow. Sorry Emma – loved your previous look 1000% more!

7. Tania November 16, 2010 at 11:25 #

I agree with Jasmine about bed wear, I don’t like the accessories! I do however like the fact that she is experimenting with different styles.

8. Ayesha November 16, 2010 at 11:30 #

i really like it,very classy.

9. ClaraAnne November 16, 2010 at 11:36 #

I love a minimalist calvin klein dress, it never lets you down! Emma looks lovely in it But, I just can’t get behind that hair clip thing.

10. Juliana November 16, 2010 at 11:58 #

I just wish there was some kind of color there. Maybe hot red pumps or strappy sandals…

It is classic, but I think it makes her look like she’s pushing 30.

Just one more thing: her last 3 looks were total black – and If I’m not mistaken, when she showed us her no hair do, she also had a dark dress on. No comments about that, FC? :)

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 12:06 #

I guess I’m just focusing on the dresses for now

11. Hermione Weasley November 16, 2010 at 12:12 #

BORING.

12. Lee Ann November 16, 2010 at 12:13 #

I really love the dress and shoes (for me) but they are far too old for her. The hair clip and the bracelet are just wrong.

13. Marvel November 16, 2010 at 13:01 #

I like it on her. Yes it ages her a bit but I think that was intentional. Having showed us her ‘fun young’ side with last week’s short black dress, she does the opposite to show us she is a mature young confident woman.
    Not BDOTW but a nice sophisticated look from her

14. Leo November 16, 2010 at 13:34 #

Is she going to a 1920s-inspired pajama party? The accessories are atrocious!

15. julia November 16, 2010 at 13:46 #

boooooring
    she just returns to her old look: simply booring

16. Helen November 16, 2010 at 14:06 #

She looks beautiful but I agree it is not the most exciting look. Maybe it is the length, which should be longer or shorter or the color,I think it would have worked in any other color.
    I am still looking forward to seeing what else she wears on this tour,I got excited when I saw her in the leather sleeved burberry trench, I hope she brings back that edge in her next look.

17. pipsqueak November 16, 2010 at 14:15 #

She’s too young and not tall enough to pull off this simple, sleek Calvin Klein look. This is a bit of a letdown. But … I want that arm accessory!

18. ullis November 16, 2010 at 14:42 #

the most awful dress I’ve ever seen (it reminds of sth she wore A LONG TIME ago) but her face is stunning.

19. maria November 16, 2010 at 14:45 #

as much as i want to like this minimalistic style i feel that the dress is a bit illfitting. Love the shoes and accessories, especially in the hair.
    I think she is doing really well with the short cut.
    Also, FC, you should feature her coats upon arrival in NYC and for the Letterman show arrival. Beautiful.

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 14:57 #

She had about 5 looks yesterday.

They will call post later.

20. Melissa November 16, 2010 at 14:53 #

Oh it’s so dull. Calvin Klein is lovely, no doubt, but she could have done so so so much better! I do love the accessories though.

21. Laura November 16, 2010 at 14:59 #

A premiere as bi as this was not the time to choose an admittedly minimalistic designer like Calvin. It should’ve had a wow factor that’s missing here. Zoe and Diane can pull off minimalistic with a wow factor, but unfortunately, Emma can’t.

22. shap_half November 16, 2010 at 16:08 #

I think she looks great.

23. Juliet November 16, 2010 at 16:19 #

I disagree FC,for me it’s a very classy look,and I really love the accessories!

24. misschatty November 16, 2010 at 16:23 #

It is disappointing how boring this look is but if you watch the videos, the dress is alot better. Maybe because in the videos you can see the movement of it. However, I love her sandals.

Emma and Leighton are two of my favourites when it comes to shoes. They always pick interesting things.

25. Anna November 16, 2010 at 16:44 #

I think she looks gorgeous!

26. Mabel November 16, 2010 at 17:04 #

Emma looks fantastic in it!
    I’m loving everything she’s wearing lately

27. janna November 16, 2010 at 17:31 #

Beautiful. Love her. Kind of expected more but this is cute and simple and really pretty on her

28. Amanda November 16, 2010 at 18:15 #

She looks like a 12 years old with that hair accessory

29. twoche November 16, 2010 at 18:40 #

I’m aware that this look is very simple but I like it. She looks really lovely.

30. ellie November 16, 2010 at 20:13 #

Is it totally weird if I say… BDOTW worthy !!! God I love this!!! So simple I’m in awe. And that jewellry :))) She is magnifique!

• Katie November 17, 2010 at 10:39 #

Yes it is totally weird. The dress is an unflattering color and shape and the accessories seem a bit last minute as if she realized the boring dress and wanted to be ‘edgy’. Not liking it at all. Sorry but all her looks lately in my opinion fall flat. 100% prefer her Ossie Clark vin dress. Maybe it was because she used a stylist but all I’m seeing is black, black and look! More black. No wow factor.

31. nat November 16, 2010 at 20:56 #

I hate this look… Where is old good Emma???

32. Maria November 16, 2010 at 22:16 #

I love it, but the top of the dress is just too boring and outdated.

33. mochababe73 November 17, 2010 at 00:07 #

I expected more from Emma.
    She looks like a bridesmaid.

34. sim November 17, 2010 at 04:16 #

My first reaction was EEEEEEEKKKKK and look away as if something was about to hit me LOL
    As cute as she looks that dress fugs

35. Liz November 17, 2010 at 04:48 #

I love this look. It’s effortless and simplistic, which is perfect considering everything else she’s worn on this promotion tour.

She’s really been taking risks this time around, so I think it’s nice that she wore something simplistic and kind of Egytian-esque for the premiere.

I live it.

36. Katie November 17, 2010 at 10:45 #

I usually adore simplicity but on Emma… Not really. It’s not that she doesn’t have the personality or anything but the shape and colour are bland, boring and, oh yeah, BLACK once again. I’m surprised you haven’t commented on her consistency FC. The last 4 or so dresses have all been black. Also the trench coats are beautiful but honestly, they’re BURBERRY, of course they’re beautiful. And unlike most people, she can afford it. Ah *jealous*… What I would do for a Burberry trench coat…

• Katie November 17, 2010 at 10:49 #

Wait, the dress is CUSTOM designed?…wow that makes it way worse…I think either her stylist is off duty or her gold locks were the mastermind behind her choices…

37. Nina November 17, 2010 at 15:14 #

this is just plain boring.

38. Jo November 18, 2010 at 15:55 #

This dress does nothing for her. She is too young and too short for it. Also the neckline is weird – it feels quite mumsy to me. Beautiful girl and usually looks amazing.

39. Katie Laws. November 22, 2010 at 23:30 #

I think everyone should cut her some slack. I mean, you have to remember she is trying to figure out who she is. Trying new clothes to suit her. I dare say, some of you have worn, more boring or mismatching outfit and accessories before. Its Calvin Klein! wow!!
    Its Emma Watson.. like you care? She looks amazing anyway!

40. nawratan July 22, 2011 at 08:58 #