Christina Aguilera In Elie Saab – “Burlesque” LA Premiere

Christina Aguilera attended the “Burlesque” LA Premiere with her co-star Cher at the Grauman’s Chinese Theater last night.

Christina wore an Elie Saab Fall 2008 gown.

I love the emerald green colour and the modifications on the bodice, but I can’t help but feel slightly let down by Christina.

I really expected her to go all out for this premiere. Guns blazing.

Had her look been too literal in relation to the movie it would’ve come off cheesy, but I would’ve preferred a bit of Xtina on the red carpet last night.

Demure Christina doesn’t quite work for me.

Christian Louboutin Eugenie pumps and Neil Lane jewels completed the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

36 thoughts on “Christina Aguilera In Elie Saab – “Burlesque” LA Premiere

1. Leo

She looks elegant, beautiful, hair and make up are perfect but you look at it and miss the drama that she’s so good at giving. It’s a great look but she can give us such better things.

2. Terry

I totally agree with you. I don’t like when she wears racy outfits, but this “ethereal” version of her doesn’t convince me at all. The dress is gorgeous, though.

3. frommdq

I think she look old, that make up is awfully harsh for this dress. When cristina is away from versace I cant barely enjoy her fashion choises

1. KateS

I know! My first instinct was to laugh at how draggy she looks, but on reflection I think I feel sorry for her. She’s clearly lacking a good friend who’ll give her some honest advice about her hair, makeup and tanning choices.

4. gossip_bangkok

I thought she looked alright, but I loved the dress on the runway. If you didn’t tell me, I wouldn’t have been able to tell that they’re Elie Saab’s.

5. Ayesha

oh…JEEZ!!!!
    The gown is beautiful but everything else is just wrong….Elie Saab gowns are not a joke,Christina should’ve though about that.What a RIDICULOUS look!!

6. Claudia

I like the dress.. but I don’t love it..
    and I actually don’t like christina.. I don’t know.. I think she’s strange and ugly.. don’t know what people see in her..

7. Leti

It’s a beautiful dress, but the makeup, the hair, and the JLo style sexy-face take it from fantastic to trashtastic.

8. Helen

She brought the xtina with the hair and makeup I would have loved if she had ‘de- xtinad’ both of these to go with the overall look of the dress. Love the color and simplicity of the style on her though.

9. Eve

Christina is a gorgeous woman. This color suits her perfect. Just change lip color form red to plum. Love her voice.

10. Laura

I’m not even giving this a second thought after that beautiful Atelier she wore a while ago. This dress is just there, not anything I’ll remember. I do like the color though.

11. Clancy from Dallas

Has Anna Nicole come back from the dead!? Whatsup with her nappy weave!? I can’t deal with this.

12. I'm Just Saying...

Demure? The dress maybe demure but that horrible hair and makeup looks like something that should accompany a red light.

1. Alicat

lol Saw a picture of Cher next to her at this event. Somehow I don’t think she will gracing this high fashion blog with that mini dress!!!!!!!!

13. karen

I don’t like this look at all. The color of dress is nice but her overall look is horrible. Her Pamela Anderson hair and makeup looks cheap and tacky. I can’t get pass her head to look at the dress.

14. mochababe73

If there were ever a time to wear a racy, edgy outfit, the premiere to Burlesque was it. I don’t know why she chose the premiere of this movie to was an Oscar-style dress.
    And, the runway version is much better than hers.

15. Alicat

“Overblown Barbie”

I saw a picture of her the other day with minimal makeup and she is actually very attractive. The hair, makeup, facial expression and huge chest turn this beautiful gown into something cheap and nasty. The total look is very aging.

16. Emi

The dress is obviously beautiful, of course it’s E. Saab. Said that, I’m not a fan of her, i could seem to be mean but I think she looks like an old playmate who visited many times the plastic surgeon.

17. Jo

Horrible hair. Horrible make-up. Horrible tan. Christina is a really pretty lady I don’t know what she was thinking…

18. zandy

hi i would like to know what material/fabric is christinas green emerald dress?i know its silk but what type of silk is it?
    zandy