Carey Mulligan In Chanel Couture – 2010 CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Carey Mulligan was one of the many stars to attend the 2010 CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards in New York City last night.

She arrived wearing a Chanel Fall 2010 Couture dress.

The chocolate sequin embroidered dress with a tiered bodice was worn with the runway cropped jacket which has a beautiful brooch detail and gold trims.

Whilst the look feels a bit too mature for Carey, I do like it from the ankles up.

Unfortunately she wore the worst pair of shoes I have seen on the red carpet in a long while.

How could she wear those suede muddy brown ankle boots with Chanel?

She completes her look with a Judith Leiber clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sarah Jessica Parker In Vivienne Westwood Gold Label – “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1″ New York Premiere

Christina Aguilera In Elie Saab - "Burlesque" LA Premiere

Christina Aguilera In Elie Saab – “Burlesque” LA Premiere

33 Responses to Carey Mulligan In Chanel Couture – 2010 CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

1. ude November 16, 2010 at 12:09 #

i was taken away by the dress but as i scrolled down and saw those shoes…wtf?
    utterly disappointing :(

2. Hermione Weasley November 16, 2010 at 12:09 #

It’s a real shame, the dress is amazing! She looks gorgeous though… just going to pretend she has no feet XD

3. Juliana November 16, 2010 at 12:12 #

If at least those ankle boots were not suede…

Also, I know it’s a fall look, but I can’t stop imagining that dress with sandals.

4. Mahima November 16, 2010 at 12:31 #

i love the dress on her but someone like cate blanchett would pull it off better.

• Alicat November 16, 2010 at 12:43 #

Agree. This would be magnificent on Cate Blanchett. Ms Mulligan does not have the maturity or presence to pull this one off. It looks heavy on her. The shoes make it worse.

5. Shruti November 16, 2010 at 12:37 #

The shoes could’ve been better but they don’t completely ruin the look for me. I think because of their colour they don’t stick out that much for me in the picture. Overall I think she looks great. Hair, make-up, dress – everything’s gorgeous.

• Leti November 16, 2010 at 13:50 #

I completely agree. I don’t think these shoes are half as bad as those booties we saw on Hilary Swank yesterday.

6. Naama November 16, 2010 at 12:38 #

Totally agree about the shoes.
    The dress though… is much more than just nice… It’s much more than amazing, even…. :)

• Naama November 16, 2010 at 12:38 #

p.s.

although Blake’s similar Chanel dress was even better than this one.

7. nicky November 16, 2010 at 12:40 #

she looks amazing. love love this dress on her and her makeup, hair is flawless. but yes, those shoes are horrid. she’s worn them before but with casual outfit…not chanel!!

8. Angie November 16, 2010 at 12:40 #

shoes are hideous…nuff said…love the dress though

9. GirlOne November 16, 2010 at 12:48 #

Her hair looks amazing!

10. Marvel November 16, 2010 at 12:59 #

She should be kicked off the red carpet for wearing those HORRID boots with that gorgeous Chanel dress

11. Lee Ann November 16, 2010 at 13:24 #

I have so many questions??Why wear those shoes? What happened to the peplum of the runway look? And why does she wear a tiny string like bracelet around her wrists? What ‘s wrong with red lipstick or is she trying to look like a corpse? and finally does she need the loo?

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 13:26 #

Re: Shoes…lord knows
      Re: Peplum…it’s still there you have to look really closely. It’s not as prominent on Carey.

• msd November 17, 2010 at 04:15 #

“does she need the loo?”

Carey does that cross-one-leg-in-front-of-the-other pose in EVERY photo. It’s one of those generic poses that actresses are trained in by PR people, along with the “look back coyly over one shoulder” pose. It’s really unnatural and awkward looking.

• Lee Ann November 17, 2010 at 10:56 #

Actually the reason she does it is to disguise less than perfect legs. By posing this way you don’t really see their shape . Its a classic trick.

12. Nat November 16, 2010 at 13:31 #

I love everything from head to toe… !!!

13. Ayesha November 16, 2010 at 13:39 #

i like it but just barely,the dress looked so gorgeous on the runway…i don’t see it like that here……and my god…those shoes i’d rather not talk about them.

14. Claudia November 16, 2010 at 13:48 #

oh boy.. these shoes..
    I totally agree with you.. how could anyone let her wear those?

15. Helen November 16, 2010 at 13:58 #

I think she carries couture and this dress very well, I agree that there are much better shoes out there.

16. pipsqueak November 16, 2010 at 14:12 #

Oh … those ugly shoes! I agree that she looked terrific from the ankles up. In non-fashion news, I’m thrilled that she’s going to play Daisy in the Great Gatsby movie, along with Leo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire. Yay!

17. june November 16, 2010 at 14:20 #

i would prefer anything but brown suede shoes and i hate shoes like these, but to be honest? they make this look edgy and fresh and young. i think she looks great

18. mol November 16, 2010 at 14:43 #

Wow – I dislike the whole thing on Carey – this look seems way too much for her, everything is awful, very disappointed!

19. biskich November 16, 2010 at 15:01 #

On anyone else, this would look horrendous, but I have to say, she’s pulling it off for me. Our Daisy. :)

20. Gretta November 16, 2010 at 15:13 #

The dress somehow looks like a costume on her. Completely overwhelms her.

21. Laura November 16, 2010 at 15:23 #

Love the look. It’s elegant but also edgy. It’s a great color for Carey. The shoes are horrible. Even the color is bad. Too bad they ruin such a remarkable dress.

22. Ethne Blist November 16, 2010 at 15:49 #

I like the color brown on Carey. I usually hate the color brown completely, but I find it pleasing on her. I hate the boots. They are ugly to begin with. They remind me of poop. Carey’s wearing poopy boots.

23. Lara November 16, 2010 at 16:10 #

cute dress, wrong shoes. But I think she was best dressed at this event

24. Talita November 16, 2010 at 18:00 #

The ankle boots look terrible but she’s absolutely glowing. Everything else is perfect.

25. Hannah November 16, 2010 at 20:53 #

I am beggining to get a headache from trying to conjure up a reason for those god awful shoes, just the picture of Karl’s reaction to them in my head is scary. However, I love Chanel on carey, but I am missing some of the youth from her preen look, which I think was perfection on her.

26. abd al rahman fetyany November 16, 2010 at 21:37 #

i love you carry

27. mochababe73 November 16, 2010 at 23:54 #

I LOVE THE DRESS…on the runway. It just looks terrible on Carey. I don’t like it at all.
    To be honest, I don’t think that she has the attitude, presence, or personality to pull it off. Then she wore those ugly shoes.
    Too bad.