Noomi Rapace In Alexander McQueen – “Svinalangorna” Stockholm Premiere

Noomi Rapace becomes the first person to wear a look from Alexander McQueen’s Fall 2010 collection.

Anna Paquin will not be happy.

Noomi wore this exquisitely constructed McQueen jacquard dress to the “Svinalangorna” Stockholm Premiere in Sweden this weekend.

Unfortunately the pictures aren’t great, but Noomi is such a stylish up-and-coming star that it would be a shame not to feature her.

Her red and gold skull print dress was paired with Alexander McQueen floral-engraved leather boots from the same Fall 2010 collection and a red and gold Alexander McQueen clutch.

Loving the marcel waves.

Do you think the dress works without the runway belt?

Credit: Style.com & Stella Pictures

Rachel Bilson In Chanel – MOCA’s Annual Gala “The Artist’s Museum Happening”

Rachel Bilson In Chanel – MOCA’s Annual Gala “The Artist’s Museum Happening”

Natalie Portman In Lanvin – Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ 2nd Annual Governors Awards

28 Responses to Noomi Rapace In Alexander McQueen – “Svinalangorna” Stockholm Premiere

1. Iñaki November 15, 2010 at 13:37 #

WOW she looks incredible!

xx

2. Pablo November 15, 2010 at 13:41 #

Wow! The expectations to see this collection worn live are giving me goosebumps! She looks great! I think the dress can work without the belt but it would’ve looked even better with!

ps- Noomi Rapace is unknown to me, but she’s so fashion foward! luv it!

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2010 at 13:42 #

Ditto. one of my favourite newcomers

3. Jennifer November 15, 2010 at 13:47 #

I think with the print she choose it works way better without the belt – or if she had a belt it needed to be a smaller gold one. I love the look!

4. Terry November 15, 2010 at 13:48 #

Love this dress (awww, the skull pattern is so peculiar) and how it looks on her. Amazing choice!

5. Linda November 15, 2010 at 13:55 #

Love this. I think it works really well w/o the belt too. Love the hair and makeup. Thanks for featuring her.

6. fashion-mommy November 15, 2010 at 13:57 #

Love the opulence of the McQueen designs – and this girl really understands how they should be worn. cool hair too.

7. Ayesha November 15, 2010 at 14:40 #

I LOVE IT!!!
    omg….it’s too good,and the hair,PERFECT!

8. Helen November 15, 2010 at 14:40 #

She wears it well, it works just as well without as wall as with the belt.

9. Alina November 15, 2010 at 15:10 #

God! she looks perfect !
    I really really love the hair.

10. Laura November 15, 2010 at 15:31 #

Perfect modifications. The red makes it work without a belt. And this is one of the few looks that works so well with tights. Styled flawlessly. BDOTW contender for me.

11. Ethne Blist November 15, 2010 at 15:33 #

I hate the tights. Shame on you Noomi for the tights. But you look fab.

12. mol November 15, 2010 at 15:45 #

Amazing beautiful dress, wish we could have got a better look at it, but Noomi appears it carry it off, love her hair!

13. Vicky November 15, 2010 at 16:00 #

Thank you for posting this!
    She looks incredible!
    And believe me, she wouldn’t been able to walk today had she been without the tights! They may not be the most fashion forward clothes item but they sure save a girl on cold nights!

14. GustavoMex November 15, 2010 at 16:05 #

Let me tell u FC, the first person was Lady Gaga in the VMA 2010 she wore the look #11 on the red carpet, is just a different print, and she previously use the same dress in the Vanity Fair editorial

15. Marvel November 15, 2010 at 16:29 #

A nice dress but it kinda fails on her. I was hoping Anna would be the first, there’s is always second though ;)

16. Cezara November 15, 2010 at 16:36 #

Omg I love her so much! Thank you for posting this. She looks great even without the belt.

17. Amanda November 15, 2010 at 16:37 #

LOVE IT!!!!!

18. Tania November 15, 2010 at 17:05 #

Yes it works without the belt, I love the red and prefer it to the runway colour. The dress works so well with tights. I love the attitude that the photographs have captured of her in the dress she is working it. BDOTW contender for me!

19. Amy November 15, 2010 at 18:09 #

I wouldn’t count this as fall 2010 since the print is completely different which never appeared on the runway but was in the ready to wear lookbook.

• Amy November 15, 2010 at 18:59 #

Yeah this exact dress appears in the ready to wear lookbook.

20. Hannah November 15, 2010 at 18:40 #

I am sure thsi si just a rush of lust (an I just commented on Natalie Portman saying the say thing)but BDOTW for me. The dress and boots are imeccable, I am getting over tights as I actually had to buy some today because my legs turned literally purple whilst walking down Marylebone high street.
    In the secodn photo Noomi looks so beautiful as well.
    As for Anna, she can still eaily wear and pull off teh gold, and frankly, any harsh feeling she has about not being the first to wear it, well tough luck, us mere mortals have been able to buy it for a while now, so surely she has had plenty of time.
    Good things may come to those who wait, but no one was going to wait forever.

21. laura D November 15, 2010 at 20:50 #

She looks perfect. The red is a wonderful color for her, and looks better without the belt. (I think the gold would still be great with it.) Her styling is spot-on, polished without being uptight. I love her in this dress.

22. laura D November 15, 2010 at 20:53 #

Oh, and FYI – for those who don’t know Noomi, she is a Swedish actress who recently starred in the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. She’s got some upcoming roles in American films, including Sherlock Holmes 2

23. karen November 15, 2010 at 21:47 #

I think i like the dress in gold color over the red color.

24. mochababe73 November 16, 2010 at 01:18 #

Love, love, love the print. I don’t like the dress, but that print is stunning.

25. Joy November 16, 2010 at 13:28 #

I don’t think your going to like this FC, but it looks like tights are “in” this winter. Over the last few weeks I’ve noticed a pair here or there almost everyday. Having imperfect legs this makes me very happy:)

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2010 at 13:59 #

I think you are right :)