Whilst most who walked the red carpet at the MOCA’s Annual Gala wore Chanel, Kristen Davis opted for something different.

The ‘Sex And The City’ star wore an Oscar de la Renta Resort 2011 dress.

Her red silk taffeta strapless dress has a draped bow detail, plus romantic ruffles which contrasts beautifully with the bold red hue.

In the picture above I thought that Kristin had dyed her hair black, but from the picture below I’m guessing that it was just the lighting.

Sergio Rossi pumps and a black Judith Leiber clutch complete the look.

I’m very much over these Sergio Rossi pumps.

I don’t like how they weigh down this look.

Credit: NYMag.com & Bauer Griffin

Natalie Portman In Lanvin – Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ 2nd Annual Governors Awards

Elle Fanning In Valentino – Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ 2nd Annual Governors Awards

15 Responses to Kristin Davis In Oscar de la Renta – MOCA’s Annual Gala “The Artist’s Museum Happening”

1. dee November 15, 2010 at 15:08 #

I am with about the shoes FC. She could have worn the shoes from the runway.

2. Laura November 15, 2010 at 15:26 #

The shoes are the only thing I don’t like about the look is the shoes. The dress is sassy and fun and a great color for Kristin. Just when I thought she’d left Oscar de la Renta for Decades, she returns back. A great look.

3. Suz November 15, 2010 at 15:27 #

I don’t think this is flattering on her. Seems to make her look bottom-heavy, and I think it’s too tight in the bust.

4. Alina November 15, 2010 at 15:32 #

I loved her hair. It was so glossy….but I don’t think the dress flattered her.

5. sara November 15, 2010 at 15:37 #

i agree, marvellous dress, but these shoes make the result very heavy!

6. Ethne Blist November 15, 2010 at 15:37 #

I was hoping Catherine Hiegel would get her paws on this because I love the color on a blonde. The Rossis are killers for me. Too heavy. Strappy sandal please!

7. Marvel November 15, 2010 at 16:27 #

Its a good thing the floor is black so I dont hardly notice her shoes

8. Amanda November 15, 2010 at 16:35 #

She looks AMAZING….so pretty!

9. pipsqueak November 15, 2010 at 17:52 #

I don’t mind the shoes. They’re okay, going well with the de la Renta label and with Kristin’s style. She and Gwyneth are the best spokesmodels for the Tracy Anderson Method. Legs aren’t Kristin’s best feature, but they look so much better now. She’s amazing and glowing!

10. Gorgeous Spice November 15, 2010 at 20:01 #

The return of the classic beauty wearing a classic dress

11. karen November 15, 2010 at 21:43 #

I think Kristin looks great. I’m not a fan of bright red but i think this dress really compliments her.

12. mochababe73 November 16, 2010 at 01:12 #

The boob area is too tight. The shoes are too heavy.
    And, it looks better on the model.
    With that being said, I like the color on her.

13. Sharon November 16, 2010 at 04:17 #

Pretty lady, pretty dress, terrible fabric. I really dislike taffeta and can’t believe it’s still being used. It’s probably just the camera lights, but the runway dress looks so much better because it appears to be made of a matte fabric.

14. Emi November 16, 2010 at 09:33 #

The right choice for this beautiful and elegant dress was to wear the same shoes of the runway. Is there a reason why american women love so much black pumps? I love them, too, they’re a passe-partout but with so many interesting shoes… in this case they kinda ruin the look, but she looks stunning.

15. Emi November 16, 2010 at 09:37 #

This elegant and beautiful dress would have been perfect with the runway shoes, I’ll never understand american women’s obsession for black pumps, which I love and consider a passe partout. This shoes also seems very heavy for such a graceful dress. She looks stunning, anyway.