X Factor: Sunday Week 6 – Cheryl Cole In Editions by Georges Chakra

Cheryl Cole loves black this season of X Factor.

If it wasn’t official before, it is now.

Tonight the judge wore an Editions by Georges Chakra Fall 2010 gown which is sold exclusively at Dia Boutique.

The black gown had a very sexy plunging keyhole neckline with a sheer panel, a thigh slit which she showed off à la Blake Lively and an open back.

I love the flowing chiffon skirt and the beaded details on the waist.

I think she worked the gown quite well, but lets talk about the elephant in the room.

The hair.

I think we all saw the hair before the dress.

It made me think of one of the female characters from the game ‘Street Fighter’, but on Twitter they’re saying she looked like Minnie Mouse.

It’s nice she’s doing something different with it.

I’m still very much baffled by it, but I surprisingly didn’t hate it.

I guess it’s a case of ‘Be careful what you wish for’.

Brian Atwood Balleto platform sandals and di Grisogono jewels completed her look.

Credit: Fashion Windows & Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto - 'Gentleman's Wager' London Screening

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto – ‘Gentleman’s Wager’ London Screening

Emma Watson In Carven - The Today Show

Emma Watson In Carven – The Today Show

34 Responses to X Factor: Sunday Week 6 – Cheryl Cole In Editions by Georges Chakra

1. gylo November 14, 2010 at 22:29 #

hahahaha, that hair! what was the haidresser thinking? but I loved the dress, the shoes and the earrings!

2. Aussiegal November 14, 2010 at 22:29 #

Awful. Hate the hair – it ruins everything. She can’t compete against classy Dannii

3. michelle November 14, 2010 at 22:31 #

I was too distracted by the princess leia hair do weighing her down, to appreciate the dress.

4. Cassie Greek November 14, 2010 at 22:34 #

i also didnt hate the hair-surpisingly.shes keeping it interesting and having a bit of fun with it!LOVE the dress.she would have knocked it out of the park if she kept the hair simple.

5. Lee Ann November 14, 2010 at 22:36 #

Have to say I was recommended Adam Reed as a hairdresser a few years back . I went twice and thought huh? I know he is doing the finalist but if he is doing Cheryl – well my reservations will be confirmed as her hair has looked consistently bad.

6. Alicat November 14, 2010 at 22:48 #

Plunging neckline, sheer panel, thigh slit AND open back… Has she left anything out? When I first saw the hair my instinctive reaction was to laugh. But it’s tragic really.

• Jasmine November 15, 2010 at 07:23 #

i agree re: the dress. sounds a bit desperate though i have to agree she carries it off as well as anyone could

7. anu November 14, 2010 at 22:49 #

hahahahahahahahahhahaha OMG WHAT was she thinking?? im so sick of her now! sick of her lack of talent and her attention seeking crocodile tears!

• gylo November 14, 2010 at 23:42 #

Really? Do you know it’s a hairdresser who decides it, don’t you?

If you don’t want it some places as where I live are waiting for her with our arms open. She’s been number 1 in my country and people adore her. And cocodrile tears? wow, personal attacks

8. Hisadora November 14, 2010 at 23:26 #

She’s just having fun!!!!!! I love it :)

9. Badaboum November 14, 2010 at 23:56 #

I love everything, dress AND the hair minus the fringe. The details on the dress are really beautiful. I wish she would wear one of the red dress from the same collection on the website.

10. Abby November 15, 2010 at 00:05 #

Yes, the hair is different and it is nice to see someone try something new, but it just doesn’t work, perhaps it would have on someone younger like Rihanna..who knows.

11. Jesse November 15, 2010 at 00:07 #

I thought of Street Fighter too! Chun Li, I think that’s the character you were going for!

She hasn’t left much to the imagination here has she.

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2010 at 06:38 #

Lol yes Chun Li. I could remember the name :)

12. GustavoMex November 15, 2010 at 02:41 #

look like the Chanel Haute Couture runway style from Spring-Summer 2010

13. Tamara November 15, 2010 at 03:11 #

It’s pretty much a copy of Chanel Couture Spring 2010. The hair for a couture show is stunning but not for Cheryl as it is not right for the occasion.

14. karen November 15, 2010 at 04:08 #

I think she looks cute as minnie mouse but that is it. I didn’t like the dress on the runway anyways so it didn’t matter to me what her hair looked like.

15. Mr D November 15, 2010 at 07:07 #

16. Mr D November 15, 2010 at 07:07 #

Firstly i have to say she looks stunning! The dress on her and the way she carries it is just WOW! The hair i actually dont mind! Its different and shes having fun. The problem i think we have with the two judges is were looking at a 10year+ age gap and to compare a 27yer old with a 40ish year old is gonna b hard! The styling between the two is gonna be completely different! I dont think Cheryl has done bad this year! Last year she was ahead milesss but at the same time the press didnt aporeciate her risque taking!

17. Kaz November 15, 2010 at 07:37 #

Neck down = fabulous. Neck up = what the?!

18. Emi November 15, 2010 at 08:32 #

Yes, the hair is strange, it reminds me of Minnie but she’s so cute, she can take some hair risks, fashion should be funny, too, sometimes. It’s X Factor, she wan’t going to Buckingham Palace!

19. Emi November 15, 2010 at 08:59 #

This doesn’t concern C. Cole’s outfit, but IODonna, a famous italian magazine reviewed your blog, the vote is 10!! They particularly wrote that Shop her closet is fantastic and that it’s good that the readers can vote (Who wear better…). Personally, it’s great that I can express myself, writing my opinions, because I don’t know other people so interested in fashion like me.

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2010 at 10:08 #

Thank you.

This is the very reason I started the blog, because no one shared my obsession with fashion.

20. Maky November 15, 2010 at 09:05 #

lmao @ let’s talk about the elephant in the room
    Comment win

21. robbie November 15, 2010 at 10:52 #

how old is she again? 5, sorry but this hair is ridiculous! she is a grown woman with hair like a 5 year old on halloween. shame the dress is quite nice.

22. Marvel November 15, 2010 at 11:06 #

I LOVE this post.
    I like the dress despite it being black but the hair!!

I seriously hope she goes back to brown (or even blonde) just not that horrid red.

It looks like she is Minnie Mouse

23. justme November 15, 2010 at 11:14 #

LOL forever @ the Chun Li comparison. So wrong yet so right, FC.
    I think Cheryl was going for the Lady Gaga bow hair thing but either her hairstylist couldn’t do it right or she took a nap or I don’t know but something went VERY wrong.

• molly November 15, 2010 at 12:20 #

I agree – I also thought it was a Gaga hairbow knockoff rather than Minnie Mouse etc. But Cheryl doesn’t have the kooky edge to make this work.

24. sara November 15, 2010 at 13:41 #

she has copied lady gaga, she used this updo before…and i think lady gaga took the idea of the hair bow from valentino…i still remember the collection where his models used this styling, it was wonderful, all the dresses and lips in red…

25. Alina November 15, 2010 at 15:28 #

I HATE IT! She has lost her spark.

26. Hannah November 15, 2010 at 18:49 #

I lvoed the dress, Cheryl’s best features are nto her legs though, so closed gowns work better for her IMO.The makeup jewellery and mostly hari actually made me feel neauseous. She looks awful

27. mochababe73 November 16, 2010 at 01:32 #

I really don’t like the dress. The Missy Elliot Afro Puff hair didn’t help her cause.
    I am soooo curious to know who thought that the hair was a good idea.

28. Ria D November 16, 2010 at 02:40 #

The dress is amazingly beautiful, the detail at the waist is exquisite, pity the hair distracts from it.

29. Kimma November 16, 2010 at 05:30 #

Cheryl’s style is all over the place with both her fashion and her hair. She just tries too hard to be “trendy” instead of being herself. I agree with other comments that minus the fringe and on a younger person this hair might have worked.