14.11.10 X Factor

X Factor: Saturday Week 6 – Cheryl Cole In Roberto Cavalli

On Saturday night, the first word that came out of my mouth when the screen went back to reveal the X Factor judges was, “Finally.”

Finally Cheryl looked gorgeous wearing a Roberto Cavalli champagne coloured beaded gown.

This picture isn’t quite doing her justice, but this is the most glamorous we have seen from the judge in 6 weeks.

The strapless gown looked stunning on screen. I was surprised to read comments on twitter saying the dress was too tight and that she was spilling out of it.

I don’t see that.

Stunning di Grisogono jewels and a bejeweled poppy completed her much improved look.

Was this an improvement for you?

Credit: Ken McKay/TalkbackThames/Rex Features

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

X Factor: Saturday Week 6 – Dannii Minogue In Carla Zampatti

X Factor: Saturday Week 6 – Dannii Minogue In Carla Zampatti

29 Responses to X Factor: Saturday Week 6 – Cheryl Cole In Roberto Cavalli

1. Mira November 14, 2010 at 11:39 #

Loved the whole look! Was this dress specially made for Cheryl? I cannot find the runway version.

May I ask, how did you find out its Cavalli?

2. appleteeth November 14, 2010 at 11:42 #

That hair, though…

3. Coquette & Dove November 14, 2010 at 11:49 #

Ha ha! That’s EXACTLY what I said when she appeared! Finally she looks good, we’ll try not to mention that she only got there by trying to dress like Dannii!

4. teresa November 14, 2010 at 11:53 #

I think she looks stunning! she’s finally giving Dannii some competition. The dress doesn’t look too tight in this picture but when there were closeups of her sitting down, the dress definitely looked too tight around her bust

5. anne November 14, 2010 at 12:01 #

Definitely an improvement but i still can’t get on board with the hair. I can deal with the colour but it’s the styling that kills me. Ever since the haircut from last year she hasn’t been getting it right with the hair. It was a good night for both judges but again Danni steals the show looking incredibly gracious. Fingers crossed they keep it up.

• Jennifer Laide November 14, 2010 at 13:27 #

Totally agree. I was like “finally” with the dress, but then they showed the hair and I was like, oh god… Her regular big wavy hair would have been fine with this dress, because it’s strapless. I also didn’t understand the earrings, they were just odd.

6. M November 14, 2010 at 12:42 #

Totally uninspiring… Totally bored of her.. Probably i guess its the hair and the colour of it…

7. gylo November 14, 2010 at 12:50 #

Well, the hair will be the same until L’Oreal decide she has promoted it enough.

She made an effort because the FOX producers were there, so I doubt she will keep it up, she’s not interested in it anymore.

• Fashion Critic November 14, 2010 at 12:57 #

Oh…is that why?

Makes sense, but I hope she keeps it up

• gylo November 14, 2010 at 19:55 #

Doubt it, do you not see how she doesn’t want to be an X Factor judge in the UK anymore?

I don’t blame her, this year is a complete joke.

Look at her tonight, her hair… LOL

• Fashion Critic November 14, 2010 at 21:31 #

I do sense she’s over it

8. Alicat November 14, 2010 at 12:55 #

Before I even read your comment I thought that the dress looked too small in the bust. It is an improvement on the short, flared party-dresses. The hairstyle is very unflattering.

9. k.b.s November 14, 2010 at 12:59 #

I did not like it at all. She looked like a pastel glitter ball. Her make-up was terrible, her hair was terrible, just one great big mess. And , to top it off, her earrings looked like ladies private parts!

• Fashion Critic November 14, 2010 at 13:45 #

lol @ ladies private parts.

10. Karis November 14, 2010 at 13:18 #

A vast improvement but still not enough to beat Dannii who looked amaaazing last night!

11. fashion-mommy November 14, 2010 at 14:12 #

This is so much better, I like the fact it is long and elegant rather than too short and tight as in previous weeks. Her hair is messy through, I so loved the choppy bob she had, but this is too casual for such a fab dress.

12. Helen November 14, 2010 at 14:39 #

Cheryl really stepped her game up but I agree about the earrings…..not the best.

13. Victor November 14, 2010 at 15:09 #

That hair is cheap!

14. Hannah November 14, 2010 at 17:51 #

She looked much better than past weeks, but maybe due to teh lack of amazing moment the last few weeks, I just didn’t love it. She loked meek, especially next to Danii. I actually didn’t like the jewels, I found them clumpy, old and dated. The hair was slightly too messy too. I agree that the dress was ill-fitting, when she was siting down it jsut seemed that the dress could have been pulled up a little bit, like the cups were just a size or two too small. I also have to say I find it funny that she is collaborating with de girsogono, the same jeweller that Kimora lee simmons collaborated with a few years back.
    On another x-factor related joke, I watched teh Sharon Osbourne Comedy roast (VERY funny) and I was so nostalgic, because she was an amazing jugdge, but also because she looekd incredible, and I miss that drama from the X factor.

15. Marvel November 14, 2010 at 18:53 #

The dress is nice enough and an improvement but that hair.

I really wish she would go for the chop or at least go back to brown.
    Total let down because of the hair

• gylo November 14, 2010 at 19:28 #

She can’t go back to brown, she’s promoting L’Oreal, you’ll see a new advert soon.

16. Catriona November 14, 2010 at 18:54 #

I loved the dress but her hair looked so ratty close up. She needs to get Dannii’s hairdresser!

17. karen November 14, 2010 at 19:16 #

I love the color of the dress but i don’t think it fits right on her. Kinda ill fitted. Maybe she gained a couple of pounds and dress looks a little too small above waist.

18. Emi November 15, 2010 at 08:45 #

Terrible hair, beautiful dress. Can someone tell the reason of the poppy, worn by E. Watson and other people?

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2010 at 10:09 #

It’s for Remembrance Day – which was yesterday.

It’s to show a mark of respect for the veterans who served our country in the war and for those currently serving in Afghanistan

• Ayesha November 15, 2010 at 14:57 #

haven’t they been wearing the poppy ,like everyday on the show…

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2010 at 15:15 #

The Poppy’s are sold a few weeks before Remembrance day.

yesterday will be the last time you will see them until next year

19. Ayesha November 15, 2010 at 14:56 #

i’m not very excited …..not fond of x factor or the judges or anything about it actually.i like cheryl cole but not as a judge here.and i don’t like what she wears on the show but i do like her otherwise.