Sarah Jessica Parker In Elie Saab & Halston – 2010 Bambi Awards

Sarah Jessica Parker hosted the 2010 Bambi Awards in Germany last night.

She wowed the audience wearing an Elie Saab Fall 2010 gown.

The haunted forest print empire-line gown has a lace bodice with subtle sequin detailing.

It a gorgeous gown. She totally owns it.

SJP arrived on the red carpet wearing a shimmering Halston dress with bronze Nicholas Kirkwood heels and a Judith Leiber clutch.

I really love her belted asymmetrical dress, but I’m not a fan of her necklace with the dress. Necklaces and asymmetrical dresses together have never made sense to me.

I wasn’t fond of her final look.

The peasant-inspired look included a silver corset top with a multi-coloured voluminous skirt.

I think it looks really cheap compared to her other fabulous looks.

Credit: NYMag.com, Reuters & Getty

Jamie Chung In Pamella, Pamella Roland - 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For' LA Premiere

Jamie Chung In Pamella, Pamella Roland – ‘Sin City: A Dame To Kill For’ LA Premiere

Camilla Belle In Carolina Herrera - 2010 Latin Grammy Awards

Camilla Belle In Carolina Herrera – 2010 Latin Grammy Awards

19 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Elie Saab & Halston – 2010 Bambi Awards

1. Alicat November 12, 2010 at 12:21 #

The Elie Saab gown is magnificent. I have fashion envy. The Halston dress looks gorgeous too although the necklace does look strange tucked under like that. The third “peasant look” is very strange and unflattering. The bodice exposing so much bosom makes her look like a barmaid serving beer at the Oktoberfest.

2. Giuseppi Giraffe November 12, 2010 at 12:58 #

Okay, I just got done calling Emma Watson the best dressed of the week, but this Elie Saab gown is really giving her a run for the money. SJP looks fabulous in it!

3. Hannah November 12, 2010 at 13:22 #

The Elie saab is incredible. With Sarah jessica in a gown it is not AS devastating as not having a long shot of others, becasue you can be sure she is not wearing anything as horrible as black pumps.
    I didn;t mind th ehalston, but I wasn’t that fond of the shoes (which I also love) with it. They are too contrasting in style.
    There are no adequate words jsut to express how much I hate th last dress.
    The presenters on Cbeebies aren’t even forced to wear outits this bad.

4. Laura November 12, 2010 at 13:26 #

The Elie is my fave of the 3. A lot of girls would get swallowed by that look, but SJP owns it.

The second look I like but the bottom has a little too much volume for me. The last look looks like she showed up a month late for Octoberfest.

5. Helen November 12, 2010 at 14:29 #

Totally agree with you FC she is working the first two looks and the last onejust falls flat,just think of all the other dresses she could have wowed us with instead!

6. Anna November 12, 2010 at 14:48 #

Please show us the other fabulous dresses from that event! I saw some of them online… Since then I am checking your site every hour, but you are only featuring SJP???!!! Please… I am really waiting for your professional judgement :)

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2010 at 15:09 #

Hi Anna, sorry but I’m only going to focus on SJP for this event.

• Anna November 12, 2010 at 15:26 #

OK.
        But you say the other dresses, right? Did you like them?
        I think it was really good for a german event… It’s not offensive when I say that because I am german :)

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2010 at 15:59 #

It was ok, but not enough well known designers to feature on the blog

7. mol November 12, 2010 at 15:42 #

She looks perfection in her Elie Saab – too sad that no long shot is available; still, I gasped in pleasure when I saw this……as for the other two, I won’t bother to comment as there is NO comparison!

8. Vidhya November 12, 2010 at 15:52 #

i dont get SJP .. she has stunning style yes.. but she doesnt look beautiful.. she looks a drag queen in the second and third pics.. its pretty scary..

9. Ev November 12, 2010 at 16:19 #

Her Elie Saab is gorgeous, but the other too looks are really bad. I don’t think she pulls off the length of Halston dress, and that peasant-inspired horror – well, it’s just horror.

10. Liz November 12, 2010 at 21:18 #

Love the gown…not a fan of the other two looks.

I kind of wish she would have worn her hair up with the gown, but she still looks lovely.

11. moja31 November 12, 2010 at 21:45 #

LOVE the Elie Saab dress, she looks amazing in it.

12. karen November 12, 2010 at 22:59 #

I don’t like any of the three looks but if i had to pick one then the Elie Saab is okay. The second is a bore and the necklace & shoes do not go with the boring dress. The third dress is just ugly, tacky and cheap looking. Wow SJP is slipping!

13. mochababe73 November 12, 2010 at 23:38 #

The Elie Saab dress is pretty, but it’s a little dark for me.
    I really, really like the Halston dress, and I don’t mind the necklace.
    Since I can’t really see the entire final look, I have no real opinion. Except, I think that the skirt hits her in a weird spot.

14. Marvel November 12, 2010 at 23:56 #

Her tiny frame is completed swamped by Elle Saab and the Halston dress is ruined with the necklace

15. Ayesha November 13, 2010 at 12:56 #

SJP is a diva as ever,love all the looks…the Elie Saab look is ‘out of the world’ gorgeous.

16. Sophia November 14, 2010 at 12:28 #