Katy Perry In Miu Miu – Selfridges “Purr” Fragrance Launch

Earlier today in London Katy Perry made an appearance at the luxury department store Selfridges, to launch her new fragrance “Purr.”

The star was colour coordinated with the background wearing a purple Miu Miu Fall 2010 dress.

As much I loved the dress on the runway, the commercial version doesn’t quite excite me – but I don’t hate it.

It has the same high neckline, scalloped edges and bow front detail, but the satin material doesn’t work for me.

I much prefer the thicker wool material from the runway, but I am impressed that Katy’s satin dress isn’t creased like a lot of dresses we’ve seen on the red carpet lately.

Sheer tights and Dolce & Gabbana double strap ankle black pumps complete the look.

Selfridges will have the exclusive on the fragrance for one week before it’s rolled out nationally to Debenhams and Superdrug.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé & 3.1 Phillip Lim - Good Morning America

Jennifer Lawrence In Chloé & 3.1 Phillip Lim – Good Morning America

Ashley Greene In Giambattista Valli – “Inside the mark Studio”

Ashley Greene In Giambattista Valli – “Inside the mark Studio”

15 Responses to Katy Perry In Miu Miu – Selfridges “Purr” Fragrance Launch

1. Ethne Blist November 12, 2010 at 16:04 #

I think cutesy Miu Miu is a good fit for Katy. Hate the pumps and the tights though. I love the purple version. The black version would’ve made me snooze.

2. Shawna November 12, 2010 at 16:13 #

I’m not a fan of the satin material either. She could have done without the tights and selected a better looking shoe.

3. Hannah November 12, 2010 at 16:45 #

I don’tlike the fabric either.It is such a structured dress it needs a material that can eable it to be like that. I also think it is a little too long, I am all for longer dresses (than mini dresses) but not this particular on ewith this styling. Also I would hope that the neckline became more tapered, and the skirt poofed out as much as the runway. I wish I could say something about the tights but london’sweather is nothing short of horrific this week, and there is some lethal wind in london at the moment.

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2010 at 16:46 #

I agree which is why i never even talked about the tights :)

• maria November 12, 2010 at 17:24 #

i agree about the length. it should be either shorter or it should be cut narrower. The A-line makes it look a bit dated.

• Tania November 12, 2010 at 17:50 #

totally agree!

• Leti November 12, 2010 at 18:35 #

I totally agree about the length, shape, and neckline.

4. D November 12, 2010 at 16:55 #

too long + wrong stocking

5. dee November 12, 2010 at 17:09 #

It’s okay. I wish the dress was fitted more around the waist.

6. karen November 12, 2010 at 22:17 #

I don’t like this dress. maybe its too long and too poofy. the shoes, tights all wrong.

7. Suz November 12, 2010 at 22:28 #

Another one that is better on the runway.

8. Alicat November 12, 2010 at 22:41 #

The colour and satin fabric is pure 1980s bridesmaid. The only thing saving this look is the neckline, but it looks better in black and higher as on the model. Very ordinary.

9. mochababe73 November 12, 2010 at 23:17 #

I agree that this type of dress is perfect for Katy. But there were some crucial errors.
    The fabric makes it look cheap.
    The dress should have stood out more like the runway version. It loses it’s quirkiness as it is.
    Should have been shorter.
    Love the color.

10. Marvel November 12, 2010 at 23:29 #

I never would have thought I’d say I prefer the black version

11. Emi November 13, 2010 at 09:38 #

She looks good, but I don’t like how the dress fits her, too large waist, too long… I don’t like sheer tights, in general. I totally love the runway pants, lovely, they would fit me so well, I think, but I can’t afford. Sometimes MiuMiu costs like a first line.