Camilla Belle In Carolina Herrera – 2010 Latin Grammy Awards

I wasn’t crazy about Carolina Herrera’s Spring 2011 collection, but I didn’t want to be too quick to write it off as I wanted to see how well it translated on the red carpet.

My answer is not too badly at all.

Last night at the 2010 Latin Grammy Awards, Camille Belle wore a Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 floral impressionist strapless gown with an olive green canvas belt which has ever-so slightly been modified from the runway.

The mix of colours is perfect for this event and her poise helps her carry off such a vibrant gown.

A Raven Kauffman Couture ‘Rita’ clutch and Cartier jewels completed her look.

I’m really surprised that I don’t hate it, but I would’ve preferred the runway belt.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michael Kors Kerry Centre Flagship Store Opening

Michael Kors Kerry Centre Flagship Store Opening

Katy Perry In Miu Miu - Selfridges "Purr" Fragrance Launch

Katy Perry In Miu Miu – Selfridges “Purr” Fragrance Launch

37 Responses to Camilla Belle In Carolina Herrera – 2010 Latin Grammy Awards

1. Suz November 12, 2010 at 15:11 #

I agree. Really pretty dress, but I don’t know why she didn’t wear it with the runway belt.

• Anissa November 12, 2010 at 16:43 #

Exactly. I don’t understand her belt as it’s just kind of hanging there…

• sonia November 12, 2010 at 17:56 #

she has “killed” the look cause the skirt it’s beautiful!

2. Luiza November 12, 2010 at 15:20 #

she looks good, but i can’t feel that wow factor

• Hannah November 12, 2010 at 15:30 #

Completely. It wasa bold move,but doesn’t have a bold effect. The runway belt was better. I also think Camilla is on eof the few who coud pull this off ( I am not a camilla fan, but I give credit where I think it is due).
      I agree simply with what FC said, not too bad.

3. Ethne Blist November 12, 2010 at 15:26 #

Even though Camilla Belle is annoying because she is a party hopper, I love that she kept her hair down. Her stylist makes good choices.

4. Shruti November 12, 2010 at 15:26 #

I like the dress with the green belt. It’s a really, really great look on her. The dress is very feminine and pretty yet a little out of the ordinary. Not a run of the mill gown. The green to me makes it a little more interesting and helps it look pretty off the runway. It’s an awesome look head to toe. Kinda girly cool.

5. IsmPc November 12, 2010 at 15:28 #

In this event the singer Natalia Jimenez wore a ruffled red Valentino, I think it was the same Jessica Alba or Natalia Vodianova also wore

6. june November 12, 2010 at 15:31 #

i kind of want to see this dress on someone older. maybe kate winslet or diane lane. both fabulous ladies with impeccable taste.

it just. ages camille and she’s in her twenties. i shouldn’t look at her and think “staid” or “dressing in her mother’s expensive clothes.” i think on someone older, it would be a knock-out, majestic and stately.

• Lara November 12, 2010 at 16:33 #

I kind of agree with you, but then again I wonder if we’re getting that feeling because Carolina Herrera usually dresses an “older” (as in their thirties/early fourties) demographic… so that we’re just not used to see it on girls like Camilla.

I think it’s a beautiful gown, and she does it justice

7. From Russia With Love November 12, 2010 at 15:43 #

I really love it. God bless Herrera. The woman knows how to make a gown, FInally a BDOTW for me.

8. Estranged November 12, 2010 at 15:48 #

It’s a very pretty dress, but she doesn’t look confident enough to make this look work for me. I’m not a fan of her, though.

9. dee November 12, 2010 at 15:53 #

Pretty.

10. manja November 12, 2010 at 16:09 #

should have kept original belt,but still a beautiful dress,and she does look good

11. Lexa November 12, 2010 at 16:20 #

I adore it. For me it’s BDOTW. Great dress, better choice of belt. Camilla looks radiant, feminine, classy.

12. D November 12, 2010 at 16:54 #

love this dress =)

13. perfumeorpoison November 12, 2010 at 17:23 #

is anyone else reminded of maggie gylenhaal’s blue watercolor print rodarte from.. the oscars i think?
    i love this look. hope it’ll be included in the bdotw poll.

14. Ev November 12, 2010 at 17:29 #

It’s a stunning dress, but she sucked the life out of it, again.

15. Mo November 12, 2010 at 17:41 #

Love it! Love it! If I had somewhere to go, THIS is what I would’ve worn.

16. Cécile November 12, 2010 at 17:51 #

She does look very beautiful & usually gets it right but she will now forever be associated to Taylor Swift’s song about her (Better Than Revenge). Everytime I see her all I think is “No amount of vintage dress will give you dignity”/”Better known for what she does on the mattress”/””Her ever present frown is a little troubling”.

• P. November 12, 2010 at 21:40 #

What ??? Is this music about Camilla ???
      Why ??? Cuz she dated Joe Jonas???

P.S. Camilla looks A-friggin-MAZING !!! Impeccable as usual from head to toe. Not only BDOTW, as well BDOTY!!!
      This dress is so exquisite!! The print is unique!!! Loved!

• ullis November 13, 2010 at 20:45 #

ditto!

• Rose November 13, 2010 at 22:53 #

I beg to differ. From the way Taylor has reacted to the breakup, it seems that Joe made the right choice. Sorry, but it’s true. Taylor seems like a nice girl, but she needs to grow and realize that breakups happen, and sometimes, people fall for other people. Camilla seems to have way more class by keeping her opinion out of the tabloids.

That said, I love this dress on Camilla – it’s feminine but different as one poster said. Camilla always delivers on the red carpet.

17. Laura November 12, 2010 at 18:07 #

Agree on the belt issue. But I really like this look. I was worried when I saw the Herrera collection that some of these print dresses would look dowdy on the RC, but Camilla showed us how to work it. I really like this.

18. frommdq November 12, 2010 at 21:02 #

I love it head to toe. Kind of remind me the green flowery dress that NKidman wore to de 1997 oscars.

19. Liz November 12, 2010 at 21:15 #

I really love this dress and not because she’s wearing it.

The dress is great, but Camilla is boring.

20. moja31 November 12, 2010 at 21:43 #

setting aside the fact that there apparently isn’t a red carpet this girl won’t walk, she looks great. i really like the green band of color that her belt ads, but i wish she’d tied it differently, otherwise i love this.

21. karen November 12, 2010 at 22:20 #

WOW! I love this dress on her. She looks stunning. Camilla is a very pretty girl and she always looks great but this is even more fabulous. LOVE IT.

22. Alicat November 12, 2010 at 22:47 #

It is the bright orange bodice and green belt which lifts the printed skirt and makes this look. I really like it and the fact that it is different.

23. mochababe73 November 12, 2010 at 23:23 #

I love the belt with the dress. I don’t know who this woman is, but I think that she looks good in the gown. And, the gown is beautiful.

24. Marvel November 12, 2010 at 23:30 #

OMG!!

What business does she have attending Latin GRAMMY awards!! She is not a singer and she has never shown an appreciation for Latin Movies/Music.

Just another opportunity to show off.

• P. November 13, 2010 at 21:40 #

LOL … perhaps would it be due to the fact that she’s one of the few Latin pretty-well dressed- high fashion celebrities in LA ?!

Yes, she’s divine!!

Wecolme back, C. We missed you!!!

25. Fiona November 12, 2010 at 23:53 #

I love the dress and the unusual mix of colours for the red carpet (no nudes or black) but I agree about the belt, why change one green belt for a less effective green belt? Also her lack of height makes the skirt just not quite work for me, on the model it stands elegant and slim, on her it drags on the ground and losesthe pattern.

26. Carolina November 13, 2010 at 01:08 #

Camilla is gorgeous like always. Love her.

27. Alfie November 13, 2010 at 07:34 #

She looks fantastic! I absolutely love it! BDOTW!!

28. Lou November 14, 2010 at 20:37 #

Absolutely love the dress but wish ahe had stuck to the runway belt