11.11.10

Taylor Swift In Monique Lhuillier & Reem Acra – 2010 CMA Awards

I found myself swooning over Taylor Swift at the 2010 CMA Awards in Nashville, Tennessee last night.

Despite the lack of sequins (which I personally love) she still shone brightly wearing a Monique Lhuillier red strapless gown.

The draped custom gown had a sexy thigh-high split and gathered on the waist.

She completed her look with a chic updo, Neil Lane jewels and nude Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals.

This was an amazing look. I love how she’s maturing on the red carpet so elegantly.

The young singer wore another stunning gown for her performance at this event.

She sang “Back To December” wearing a Reem Acra ivory v-neck gown with a beaded bodice.

The dress was perfectly romantic and dramatic for her stellar performance.

No wonder she received a standing ovation.

Credit: Getty

Carrie Underwood In Ralph & Russo Couture - 2013 CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2013 CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood’s Wardrobe Changes At The 2010 CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood’s Wardrobe Changes At The 2010 CMA Awards

31 Responses to Taylor Swift In Monique Lhuillier & Reem Acra – 2010 CMA Awards

1. Pablo November 11, 2010 at 16:04 #

I’ve totally gone from seeing Taylor Swift as yet another teenage singer who didn’t interest me at all, to a mature talented star. She trully looked outstanding last night in both her gowns!

2. sara November 11, 2010 at 16:04 #

very very beautiful, elegant and fresh!!!!the red one is wonderful!!her hair seems a bit darker.

3. Courteney November 11, 2010 at 16:06 #

She looks great. But again, her hair!

4. Lauren November 11, 2010 at 16:10 #

her hair is always the same. … I’ve always thought she was extremely boring and unoriginal.

• Ethne Blist November 11, 2010 at 16:55 #

I know she is always the same. No new styles. So what if she dresses without sparkle.

5. dee November 11, 2010 at 16:16 #

Taylor looks gorgeous. I am glad to see she is starting to wear a less curly hairstyle. I think straighter hair suits her more.

6. ullis November 11, 2010 at 16:33 #

so so so beautiful! Cant believe I’m gonna see her, haha i feel like a 15year old girl now but I cant help it. Her songs are amazing and she seems to be a really sweet girl!

7. Gossip_bangkok November 11, 2010 at 16:33 #

Both gowns looked beautiful!!! The dresses were perfect for the night.

8. Leo November 11, 2010 at 16:35 #

You can count on Taylor to give us one of the two: over embellished dress or red dress trying to look vampy. She looks washed out.

• Denise November 11, 2010 at 18:54 #

I agree, I was going to say the same thing. Can she give us some COLOR?

• Naff November 11, 2010 at 20:38 #

isnt red a color?

• Denise November 12, 2010 at 04:09 #

LOL yes red is a color. Thanks for clearing that up for us! I meant I wish she gave us a less boring, less typical color. I would die if I saw her in a turquoise or hot pink dress.

• sonia November 11, 2010 at 19:43 #

she seems a girl who has “stolen” mom’s dress!!

9. mol November 11, 2010 at 16:45 #

Love her in red – she’s definitly blossoming into a beautiful woman.

10. Ethne Blist November 11, 2010 at 16:56 #

I think she is overrated, but I do love the Reem Acra gown. I like how it makes a puddle on the floor. Good choice by her stylist.

11. Helen November 11, 2010 at 17:00 #

Stunning,so elegant.

12. Jennifer November 11, 2010 at 17:28 #

I am in love with those shoes she had on with the red dress… caught a picture of her walking… and I am now in lust for them.

Overall, I think she looks fabulous, and for the naysayers about her hair…. I love her hair personally, and to nitpick about it is silly. Besides, at least the dress wasn’t sparkly heaven as she typically chooses and she looks phenomenal in it :)

13. mochababe73 November 11, 2010 at 18:32 #

I miss the sparkle, but it’s nice seeing her wear something different. She should wear red more often.

14. karen November 11, 2010 at 19:20 #

I might be the minority but i think the red dress is too mature for Taylor. She’s young so I’d much rather see her in something youthful and fun. She looks like she’s going from 20 to 35.

• Naff November 11, 2010 at 20:46 #

i have to disagree. first of all she doesnt look 35 come on! I appreciate her effort to look polished and neat unlike some other young stars which tend to not try or conversely look trying too hard. I really really like her in these dresses. She looks very elegant which is hard to achieve.

15. Laura November 11, 2010 at 19:51 #

I had hoped someone would wear the Monique dress to the Emmy’s. Happy someone finally wore it. It’s simple yet stunning. The draping is gorgeous. I kinda wish she’d worn the blue version as she wears red a lot, but there’s no denying the red looks gorgeous on her.

The performance dress was perfect for her and the performance. Kudos to her stylist who did a great job.

16. Ella November 11, 2010 at 20:17 #

I did find her peformace dress beautiful. But her red one…..it seemed recycled to me. It was a look that I have seen from her over and over again–

17. Naff November 11, 2010 at 20:34 #

I think she looks very beautiful and that slit is just the right amount for her age, sexy but not too much. She is radiant and although she wears red often i think this is the best red dress for her. I also can see the inside lining of the dress, it makes it look more luxurious and comfortable to wear. Easy perfect 10/10 for me.

18. Hannah November 11, 2010 at 21:19 #

Oh I LOVE!
    She is so lovely, and jsut a pelasure to watch grow up. No silly teenage angst, leading by example, no desire to prove a point (aka not trying to be edgy).
    She really lets her talent shien through, which is so admirable.

19. Marjorie November 11, 2010 at 21:38 #

As beautiful as the dress is, I think this look is predictable. Nothing about her is fresh and new anymore. Just the same things over and over again. It’s either sparkles or a long dress like this… nothing new.

20. Tania November 11, 2010 at 23:18 #

I love the sequins too FC. She does look lovely in the red dress.

21. Marvel November 11, 2010 at 23:30 #

I would love if itTaylor wen red regarding her hair colour. It would shake off that boring. I do like the dress

22. molly November 12, 2010 at 04:28 #

Stunning!
    My jaw dropped when i saw her both performing and on the red carpet! I wasnt expecting this from her. Im so glad that shes not taking the slut route in her way of maturing. And she also didnt start dressing like a 30 year old on her 18th birthday like some girls do.

23. kelly November 12, 2010 at 04:48 #

she looks terrible

24. zoe November 12, 2010 at 21:21 #

wow, that performance was so beautiful. i didn’t catch the cmas, so it was nice of youto post the video of her performance here. she looked beautiful on the red carpet and performing.

25. rebecky November 21, 2010 at 03:38 #

She is sooo over-rated! Beautiful? I guess…I always thought she looks like a pug with the lips. The picture of her, Carrie and Gwenyth…she has nothing on either one of them. Carrie is gorgeous and Gwenyth is just amazing in all that she touches. Taylor, focus on your talent and stop trying to compete for most beautiful. With all the woman in showbiz, you’ll never suceed at the most elegant. Lose the fake and just be real. No-one likes a fake!