Katherine Heigl In Farah Angsana – 2010 CMA Awards

My first reaction to seeing Katherine Heigl on the red carpet at the 2010 CMA Awards last night was, thank god she’s returned to being blonde.

This year she’s changed her hair colour for movies on several occasions, and I’m sure many of you will agree that blonde works best for her.

She glided down the red carpet wearing a breath-taking Farah Angsana Fall 2010 gown.

The vivid navy blue strapless gown has beautiful simple details like the pleating at the bust and a train which fans out from the thigh.

I’m not crazy about the necklace, but I love the earrings.

Jimmy Choo ‘Jigsaw’ platform sandals and a matching sparkling Jimmy Choo ‘Tube’ clutch completes her look.

Leighton Meester In Emilio Pucci - 2010 CMA Awards

Leighton Meester In Emilio Pucci – 2010 CMA Awards

Gwyneth Paltrow In Atelier Versace & Lanvin - 2010 CMA Awards

Gwyneth Paltrow In Atelier Versace & Lanvin – 2010 CMA Awards

27 Responses to Katherine Heigl In Farah Angsana – 2010 CMA Awards

1. Mahima November 11, 2010 at 13:03 #

i find this look boring, and already done.
    plus its too matchy matchy for my liking.

2. Moxie November 11, 2010 at 13:05 #

Hate the bleached blonde hair. I prefered her as a redhead. Hair aside, everything else is beautiful.

3. Vidhya November 11, 2010 at 13:05 #

oh.. i thot her hair looked ridiculous.. old lady meets afro?? i adore the look neck down tho

• Naomi November 11, 2010 at 13:38 #

I agree. She looks great in this dress but her style is so old.

4. Leti November 11, 2010 at 13:12 #

I like Heigl as a blonde, but I think she went too far when she bleached it. This is lighter than she’s ever been, and I think it’s really unflattering. The color, combined with way she’s been styling it lately come off as very matronly IMHO. On the plus side, I think she’s been looking very slim, and the dress is nice.

• Hannah November 11, 2010 at 13:47 #

I agree. I like her as a darker, more natural blonde.

• Anna November 11, 2010 at 15:07 #

Definitely, this looks way over-bleached. Bit of a darker warmer strawberry blonde! Let’s hope it’s for a role. As a Marilyn look-a-likie.

• Hannah November 11, 2010 at 21:26 #

YES! The grey’s anatomy (early) days were really the best forher. Everyone liked her, she had beautiful BEAUTIFUL hair.

5. Mario November 11, 2010 at 13:15 #

Uh, jeez. A little too prom for me.
    But I gotta say I adore her hair. She looks so much more appealing with bleached blonde hair! Let’s face it, brunette gave her like 10 years more. And that is every woman’s nightmare I bet ;)

6. Laura November 11, 2010 at 13:24 #

I agree with you about the necklace. But other than that this is a really fabulous look and one of a few looks I could get excited from last night.

I’m glad that Katherine, who has access to nearly any designer, chose a designer we don’t see a ton from on the red carpet.

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2010 at 13:29 #

I totally agree with your last statement.

7. Claudia November 11, 2010 at 13:58 #

She might be beautiful but she’s another boring person for me. I never feel excited about seeing her looks.
    In my opinion she’s one of those people that enters in a room and nobody notice.

8. Claudia November 11, 2010 at 14:00 #

Aren’t you going to post Gwyneth outstanding Atelier Versace dress for CMA?
    BDOTW worthy for sure.

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2010 at 14:10 #

i already have

9. dee November 11, 2010 at 15:14 #

I like everything except for her hair. It’s too light and ages her. She needs to try a darker shade of blonde.

10. Marvel November 11, 2010 at 15:18 #

I think red works for her or even blonde but not the bleach blonde The dress is rather boring and the style is out dated. I do like her shoes though

11. asherlev1 November 11, 2010 at 16:00 #

She’s so lovely, but I wish she’d make her hair a different shade of blonde, lol. I liked her 27 dresses hair a lot.

12. Courteney November 11, 2010 at 16:10 #

Ehhh, I don’t like it. It’s not bad but just standard awards show style. Nothing new, nothing exciting. Simply standard and average.

13. Leo November 11, 2010 at 16:34 #

Very b-list TV actress at the Emmys, but I do like this look. Her hair looks divine.

14. Helen November 11, 2010 at 17:20 #

Really dislike the hair. The colour of the dress is beautiful but the overall look is very ageing.

15. Michelle November 11, 2010 at 17:38 #

BRIDESMAID.

16. Denise November 11, 2010 at 19:08 #

Eh, her dress is a nice color, but that with the hair make her look matronly. The CMA’s were a big disappointment.

17. karen November 11, 2010 at 19:36 #

I don’t think she looks good at all. Her hair is too bleach blonde. Her dress is a boring mother of bride dress. Maybe she doesn’t have much time now that she’s a mother but i’ve noticed a fashion decline in her overall red carpet looks lately.

18. Ella November 11, 2010 at 20:24 #

Dress is pretty. hair is disgusting. Enough said

19. hally November 11, 2010 at 20:42 #

she looks great except for that granny hair! so aging!!!! it is too light and dull and that floofy hairstyle makes it look like its thinning, almost. so her last hair color was too dark, this too light, can’t we just find a happy medium?!?! please! she has such potential to be completely gorgeous otherwise.

20. Shruti November 12, 2010 at 04:04 #

Oh this is the same dress Maria Canals-Barrera wore to the Emmys this year. The silhouette maybe somewhat old-fashioned but I loved the dress on Maria and I love it on Katherine as well. I think the colour and the pleated details are very beautiful. Her hair has been an issue for quite some time now. It never really got back to a good colour or style for her.

• Gina November 12, 2010 at 23:49 #

Thank you! That was driving me crazy. I also feel like I’ve seen it in a maroon shade. Maybe a similar dress, not this one?